Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Growing World & More Rewards for Backers Announced | Gloria Victis | MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited August 2015 in News & Features Discussion

imageThe Growing World & More Rewards for Backers Announced | Gloria Victis | MMORPG.com

The Gloria Victis team has announced that a new expansion has been applied to the game that includes twice as much real estate to explore, new locations to capture and upgrade, new town, new NPCs, enemies and more. In addition, backers from the "Count" level and up will receive a digital Gloria Victis artbook as thanks for their support.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• lucasvrrlucasvrr Member UncommonPosts: 10
    edited August 2015
    The game that I always wanted to play. I hope that the melee combat will be good in the final stage, because they haven't shown directional block yet and for now the system don't look solid as the archery looks, what It's ok, It's pre-alpha. I truly expect a epic melee combat and a less caotic battle cenario in the release.
    Post edited by lucasvrr on
  • kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759
    Its turning into an amazing game. Backed it over a year ago and play it from time to time after updates / patches. I would actually play it much more consistently if they would fix the annoying stuttering / freezing and your mouse going all over the place whenever crossing the "line" between the tiles that make up the map. Very fun game to play, but that part just frustrates the hell out of me and makes it near impossible to fight properly in those areas. Hopefully theyre working on fixing that very soon. Game performs quite well and provides lots of entertainment for a pre-alpha, and there is just a tiny fraction of the world in place compared to what they plan for when it is completed.
  • bartold666bartold666 Member UncommonPosts: 71
    lucasvrr said:
    The game that I always wanted to play. I hope that the melee combat will be good in the final stage, because they haven't shown directional block yet and for now the system don't look solid as the archery looks, what It's ok, It's pre-alpha. I truly expect a epic melee combat and a less caotic battle cenario in the release.
    Melee combat is being continuously improved - we will polish it as much as possible through all of the development stages.
    Hopefully theyre working on fixing that very soon.
    Correct, it's a high priority issue and we need to take care of it soon. @lucasvrr @kaiser2382 Thanks for good words!
  • kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759
    edited September 2015

Good to hear bartold. You, Jog, and the rest of the team have been doing an awesome job, especially with adding new mechanics / features and being responsive to the community. Looking forward to that issue getting fixed so I can put some more time into it and get my stream of the game going again.

For those of you looking for a good alternative to games like Mortal and Darkfall, but with a dev team that actually works with their playerbase to improve the game, add desired features, and immediately jump on fixing bugs / issues... Gloria Victis is the place to be.

It's refreshing to be able to hop in game and openly discuss the state of the game, report problems, etc with the devs who are in game very often talking and playing with us as well as being very responsive on the forums.

The community overall has been great as well. A few troublemakers, but for the most part players looking to make GV their new home for many years and contributing towards shaping it into a great game instead of spending all day griefing eachother and constantly measuring e-peens