Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bought the game with 4 friends

Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
Well, bought it (digital deluxe campaign) and will start running my own campaign as soon as it is released.

When purchasing the campaign you get a single code and 4 extra games on steam you send as gifts. Also the real price is not $150 but $187:50 including tax. Still, a good price for 5 games.

I might run a few people here through it as well once I have a solid campaign and get the balance perfectly right. I think DMing will take a little time to perfect, getting just the right challenge level is hard in pen and paper as well.

Anyways, would be fun if we could exchange campaigns with eachother once the game is out. :)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    I am game. This game is a day one purchase for me. Looking forward to running as a player and creating campaigns. Would love to have a few people here run through what I already have been planning. Looking forward to it!
    Well, lets make a thread about it once the game is out and we got some campaigns worth playing. :)

It seems like the campaign editor is quicker than NWN since it doesn't use scripts, I spent to 2 days there just to get the tavern wench to pick up the players drink orders (yeah, coding anything besides Heidenhain ain't one of my specialities).

We could also put up some kind of campaign library with entire campaigns and pre-made dungeons that can be set up with bosses and quickly added to existing campaigns.
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    Sounds great Loke, would love to exchange campaigns/play together when this launches.
  • KingGatorKingGator Member UncommonPosts: 428
    I was an mmo advocate, but I am a bit older now and don't have the time or even the desire to grind to 60 and get the best gear and repeateldy que ranked pvp matches. 

What I'd really like is a dungeon crawl game where my character still advances and that has some compelling story lines that is moderately social.

I also just ain't as twitchy as I once was and don't want to be terrible or have to rig up a ton of macros to or buy a special mouse to not be terrible

Is this game for me?
  • lugallugal Member UncommonPosts: 671
    there is a dngeon rappan athuk(sp), it spposed to be the largest/longest created. It would be cool to see it recreated for a game like this.

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    The reviewer has a mishapen head
    Which means his opinion is skewed
    ...Aldous.MF'n.Huxley

• Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    I m definitely game. Can t wait for this game.
  • KalafaxKalafax Member UncommonPosts: 591
    Already preordered and ready to get my hands on the adventure creator for the early start. Love the idea of sharing campaigns and ideas with fellow DMs one the ball gets roll.

Mess with the best, Die like the rest

• mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626
    Where is the campaign edition, or whatever? I'm not seeing it on the website.
  • etlaretlar Member UncommonPosts: 855
    edited September 2015
    +1 Looking forward to both the game and the creativity of the ppl on this site, great idea! ;)
    mcrippins said:
    Where is the campaign edition, or whatever? I'm not seeing it on the website.
    https://swordcoast.com/preorder
    KingGator said:
    I was an mmo advocate, but I am a bit older now and don't have the time or even the desire to grind to 60 and get the best gear and repeateldy que ranked pvp matches. 

What I'd really like is a dungeon crawl game where my character still advances and that has some compelling story lines that is moderately social.

I also just ain't as twitchy as I once was and don't want to be terrible or have to rig up a ton of macros to or buy a special mouse to not be terrible

Is this game for me?
    I think so, yes. But preferable you should play with 4 other permanent players.

As for the compelling storyline that really depends, if you either find a good DM that can write them or who could find and pick the good stuff. A lot of the campaigns will as any player created content just be pretty terrible story wise, go down to a dungeon and kill stuff.

But the games potential is great and if you get someone who actually can come up with good reasons for your adventuring it will be really fun.
  • DeivosDeivos Member EpicPosts: 3,692
    This mostly feels like a return to form with how the original Neverwinter Nights title was played.

Looking forward to it.

"The knowledge of the theory of logic has no tendency whatever to make men good reasoners." - Thomas B. Macaulay

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin

• SomethingUnusualSomethingUnusual Member UncommonPosts: 546
    Cool! I'll be pre-ordering as well soon.
  • Charlie.CheswickCharlie.Cheswick Member UncommonPosts: 469
    Can I be your friend?  ;)
    -Chuckles
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Loke666 said:
    I am game. This game is a day one purchase for me. Looking forward to running as a player and creating campaigns. Would love to have a few people here run through what I already have been planning. Looking forward to it!
    Well, lets make a thread about it once the game is out and we got some campaigns worth playing. :)

It seems like the campaign editor is quicker than NWN since it doesn't use scripts, I spent to 2 days there just to get the tavern wench to pick up the players drink orders (yeah, coding anything besides Heidenhain ain't one of my specialities).

We could also put up some kind of campaign library with entire campaigns and pre-made dungeons that can be set up with bosses and quickly added to existing campaigns.
    Sure, but you didn't tell us that the first day and a half of those two days were actually spent on a sex-sim with the tavern wench.
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

edited September 2015
    waynejr2 said:
    Sure, but you didn't tell us that the first day and a half of those two days were actually spent on a sex-sim with the tavern wench.
    That comment and your avatar fit together way too well.

"The knowledge of the theory of logic has no tendency whatever to make men good reasoners." - Thomas B. Macaulay

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin

waynejr2 said:
    Loke666 said:

Dude, drinking is important. And have you tried adding a random spill factor in python?
  • Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    I really want to join up with you guys if you ll take me. Can t wait.
  • ThebeastttThebeasttt Member RarePosts: 1,130
    People apparently haven't learned never to preorder games. It seems we still have much to learn.
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Loke666 said:
    waynejr2 said:
    Loke666 said:

Dude, drinking is important. And have you tried adding a random spill factor in python?

You should use the Valdez spill algorithm.
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

People apparently haven't learned never to preorder games. It seems we still have much to learn.
    Actually, it is to never pre-order games made by devs you don't know much about (and it is mainly for MMOs). Several of the team worked on Baldurs gate and Neverwinter nights, good enough for me.

waynejr2 said:
    Loke666 said:
    You should use the Valdez spill algorithm.
    The point was that I needed to train coding, just copy and paste kinda works against that.

Besides, don't know who this Valdez fellow is but I am sure I know more about drinking then he does. ;)
    It's about vetting the devs and publishers for those you feel you can trust or that have shown a sufficient amount of the product itself for you to make an informed decision on if putting money down will be worth it to you.

Like Loke said, it's got a team that's worked on this type of title before, some of them being responsible for one of the best platforms for this kind of gameplay to date, and the game itself has been making the rounds for previewing how it plays and works.

• TheelyTheely Member UncommonPosts: 430
    edited September 2015
    Saying No to pre-order is important for all games and all developers. Lets take Sword Coast Legends for example. They originally said that you would be able to re-create all of your favorite table-top modules with the dev tools. Forum peeps were happy. Now we learn that is not true. You don't even get to design your dungeons, they are randomly generated then you can modify them by changing the spawns, adding/removing doors, traps, and event triggers.

P.S. I honestly stopped reading up about this game a month when I heard this. I still think it looks like a fun game though.
    Theely said:
    Saying No to pre-order is important for all games and all developers. Lets take Sword Coast Legends for example. They originally said that you would be able to re-create all of your favorite table-top modules with the dev tools. Forum peeps were happy. Now we learn that is not true. You don't even get to design your dungeons, they are randomly generated then you can modify them by changing the spawns, adding/removing doors, traps, and event triggers.

P.S. I honestly stopped reading up about this game a month when I heard this. I still think it looks like a fun game though.
    Yeah, that wont be in from start. The devs have said that it is on their "to add" list though.

You can indeed only randomly generate the maps right now, I sincerely hope they add the possibility to change and customize the map later.
  • ThebeastttThebeasttt Member RarePosts: 1,130
    And we all know how reliable the "to add list" is, particularly when you pay for work that hasn't been done yet.
    And we all know how reliable the "to add list" is, particularly when you pay for work that hasn't been done yet.
    Usually, they add it in a paid expansion, yes.

Then again, the map currently is just Swordcoast and a few close regions like Icewind dale and Auroch, adding a large expansion with Cormyr, Agalrond, Thay, Westgate and Rashemi would be welcome anyways.

The game miss some stuff Neverwinter nights had, but it do have advantages as well For one thing would a good randomizer have been a huge timesaver in NVN, I spent weeks just placing stuff like forrest and similar there. And the DM function is in many ways far better.

I believe in the game and I think we need more like it. Therefor I bought it.