Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any plans to improve the forum editor

KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
I'm a bit surprised and disappointed this new forum has a significantly worse editor than the old one.  Unless I'm willing type in my own tags, I can't highlight, bold, change the color or even press undo on something I typed.  Even the emoji s are terrible, small handful of badly drawn smiley faces.

Is this functionality you plan on improving at some time in the future?

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Comments

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    There's a bold, italic, and strikethrough button in the editor. The editor software is Vanilla's and not something we can change (aside from theming it) as far as I know.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    So far the only way to highlight another persons text in a quote is italics, it wont let me bold and strikethrough is of no use. The inability to use color to highlight is a huge gap, and this poor editor is enough of a reason to scrap this entire application and go back to square one, regardless of any other benefits this software may provide. (IMO)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    I agree, the Editor is pretty limited compared to the old one.

I also fail to notice what advantage this new Forum Software brings compared to the previous one.
    What was wrong with the old one, and what are the reasons that made you decide to change it to Vanilla?

Aesthetically they look the same, but as just mentioned, the Vanilla has less editing features.
    I also noticed that if you post something straight as a Comment (rather than go to the forum section instead) the software doesn't recognise paragraphs, and the post looks like a wall of text.
    You have to go to the forums and correct it with the editor in order to make it readeable.

With this new software it looks like you went backward rather than forward, unless I am missing something.