Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SkyForge You Goofed MMO

AlamonzoroAlamonzoro Member UncommonPosts: 120
edited August 2015 in Skyforge
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7d3vgefmrM 

You have some good ideas and your using good ideas,but your fishing for whales got the better of you.
Now learn from your mistakes and fix them.







«1

Comments

  • moonboundmoonbound Member UncommonPosts: 396
    I have been playing it and before guild wars 2 it was the best free to play out there, yea it does not have crafting but its incredibly fun, your always unlocking stuff unlike most mmos where you do the boring gear grind, if they would just increase there cap some more they could do better.

    However with guild wars 2 base game being free they will have some better competition.
  • DeasantDeasant Member UncommonPosts: 198
    I've seen this Skyforge vs. GW2 reference a couple times now.  I don't get it. They are not similar games, imo. I'm much more likely to compare or decide which I'd choose to spend my time on between GW2 and ESO. Skyforge is different and scratches a different itch than GW2 or ESO
  • moonboundmoonbound Member UncommonPosts: 396
    Deasant said:
    I've seen this Skyforge vs. GW2 reference a couple times now.  I don't get it. They are not similar games, imo. I'm much more likely to compare or decide which I'd choose to spend my time on between GW2 and ESO. Skyforge is different and scratches a different itch than GW2 or ESO
    Well actually they kind of are, the tab targeting combat is fast paced in both games unlike many mmos.
  • FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433
    edited August 2015
    Having played both games, I also absolutely do not get how you can compare it to GW2. The combat really isn't even similar.

    One game has wide open zones in a world that is at least somewhat persistent and which is filled with events. The other game is hub-based with a handful of slightly more open zones; but mostly based around repeating dungeons.

    Personally I wouldn't call Skyforge's combat that fast paced it either. Because there's nothing fast paced about spamming in my opinion.

    Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

  • carotidcarotid Member UncommonPosts: 425
    moonbound said:
    I have been playing it and before guild wars 2 it was the best free to play out there, yea it does not have crafting but its incredibly fun, your always unlocking stuff unlike most mmos where you do the boring gear grind, if they would just increase there cap some more they could do better.

    However with guild wars 2 base game being free they will have some better competition.
    What's the difference between gear grind and sparks grind?
  • TheOctagonTheOctagon Member UncommonPosts: 408
    edited August 2015
    Fdzzaigl said:
    ....Personally I wouldn't call Skyforge's combat that fast paced it either. Because there's nothing fast paced about spamming in my opinion.

    Of course if your playing Skyforge, you get your azz kicked repeatedly if you spam in the wrong order. GW2 is much more forgiving.

    After playing both I can say say Skyforge is still adding new content to its base game while GW2 is already established and has already ironed out most of its bugs. A little over a month out in Open' Soft Launch' Beta and people expect miracles and a complete game. Morons.

    On a side note, you don't have to tab target enemies in Skyforge while in combat, it's optional. In GW2 you have to. And it's not the Tab key to target anyways. I wonder how much actual time some people have put in before they started bashing. Most probably didn't play high enough to get their training wheels taken off, which happens around 10k prestige or so.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 17,854
    IDK why people think there has to be any more to the game,it was a budget game,you should expect it to look like a budget game.

    Is it ok for a budget game,,i guess but it really doesn't do anything but have you kill stuff and not even that great fun doing that.It's Atlas idea is a good idea,an old Final Fantasy idea but they did it really bad,like a super cheap effort.

    If there was one positive i could give it ,that idea would be it does have some grouping in it albeit still a choice and 90% of the time people will choose solo.

    The whole upgrade idea was a quirky way of trying to get the cash shop involved.What really brothers me a bout the game is ok Bill doesn't like the grinding for a class,i actually don't mind that but my player itself never feels like it is progressing for any reason.Now if they had of used a multiclass so you could use spells from say a sub class instead of completely switching to a new class it would have been better.Instead they tried to create longevity via turning your player into an alt alt alt alt.However even that is bad because none of the maps/quests are exciting enough to want to go back and repeat them.

    If the game had some depth like perhaps a real Atlas with a lot more choice and ideas i could look past the generic graphics and map layout.It doesn't even feel like a world,it feels like small island modules sort of like playing Diablo or Path of Exile.

    Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

  • Asch126Asch126 Member RarePosts: 542
    Idk why people keep comparing Skyforge to GW2. You want a game to compare to Skyforge? Elsword, because they are pretty much the same thing, only Elsword doesn't force you to grind your butt off just to get the class you want.
  • moonboundmoonbound Member UncommonPosts: 396
    carotid said:
    moonbound said:
    I have been playing it and before guild wars 2 it was the best free to play out there, yea it does not have crafting but its incredibly fun, your always unlocking stuff unlike most mmos where you do the boring gear grind, if they would just increase there cap some more they could do better.

    However with guild wars 2 base game being free they will have some better competition.
    What's the difference between gear grind and sparks grind?
    Because your always unlocking the atlas duh.
  • moonboundmoonbound Member UncommonPosts: 396
    Asch126 said:
    Idk why people keep comparing Skyforge to GW2. You want a game to compare to Skyforge? Elsword, because they are pretty much the same thing, only Elsword doesn't force you to grind your butt off just to get the class you want.
    How are they not similar? Both have instances and open world areas, both combat is similar but skyforge seems to be more interesting and more tactical, both are budget games regardless of what the above user said here guild wars has always been built around budget they are popular sure but they make sure they make pretty art styles and lower graphics tech so everyone can buy and play.

    Skyforge is nothing like elsword.
  • carotidcarotid Member UncommonPosts: 425
    moonbound said:
    carotid said:
    moonbound said:
    I have been playing it and before guild wars 2 it was the best free to play out there, yea it does not have crafting but its incredibly fun, your always unlocking stuff unlike most mmos where you do the boring gear grind, if they would just increase there cap some more they could do better.

    However with guild wars 2 base game being free they will have some better competition.
    What's the difference between gear grind and sparks grind?
    Because your always unlocking the atlas duh.
    Because you're getting new gear, duh.
  • KhebelnKhebeln Member UncommonPosts: 759
    DMKano said:
    Skyforge is closest to Phantasy StarOnline 2.  I wouldn't put it anywhere close to GW2 or any of the more traditional MMOs.
    Agreed. Its more along the way of Gw1, Neverwinter, DDO etc. It have close to nothing to do with Gw2.
    Game is centered more about instant fun, character developement and action, rather than exploration of the world.

    image
    (Retired)- Anarchy Online/Ultima Online/DAoC/Horizonsz/EQ2/SWG/AC1&2/L2/SoR/WoW/TMO/Requiem/Atlantica Online/Manibogi/Rift+(SL)/Lol/Hon/SWTOR/Wakfu/Champions Online/GW/Lotr/CO/TcoS/Tabula Rasa/Meridian 59/Vanguard/Shadowbane/Fury/SotW/Dreamlords/HGL/RoM/DDO/FFXI/Aoc/Eve/Warhammer Online/Gw2/TSW/Tera/Defiance/STO/AoW/DE/Firefall/Darkfall/Neverwinter/PS2/ESO/FF14/Archeage/Gw2

  • LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327
    Skyforge is a pretty fun game with nice graphics, refreshing world environments from the same ol' fantasy settings, and refreshing new game play ideas but but it does suffer from repetition fatigue.  Adding a larger variety of locales to venture in would help the game's fun factor to increase exponentially.  That's something that can  be fixed with time though.  The game has potential for longevity.  Just needs a few tweaks and it can be a keeper for a long time.
  • KhebelnKhebeln Member UncommonPosts: 759
    Skyforge is a pretty fun game with nice graphics, refreshing world environments from the same ol' fantasy settings, and refreshing new game play ideas but but it does suffer from repetition fatigue.  Adding a larger variety of locales to venture in would help the game's fun factor to increase exponentially.  That's something that can  be fixed with time though.  The game has potential for longevity.  Just needs a few tweaks and it can be a keeper for a long time.
    Exactly, actually the amount of locations is really big, and we don't even have fraction of them compared to Russian version or what they said they have planned for the future.

    image
    (Retired)- Anarchy Online/Ultima Online/DAoC/Horizonsz/EQ2/SWG/AC1&2/L2/SoR/WoW/TMO/Requiem/Atlantica Online/Manibogi/Rift+(SL)/Lol/Hon/SWTOR/Wakfu/Champions Online/GW/Lotr/CO/TcoS/Tabula Rasa/Meridian 59/Vanguard/Shadowbane/Fury/SotW/Dreamlords/HGL/RoM/DDO/FFXI/Aoc/Eve/Warhammer Online/Gw2/TSW/Tera/Defiance/STO/AoW/DE/Firefall/Darkfall/Neverwinter/PS2/ESO/FF14/Archeage/Gw2

  • Asch126Asch126 Member RarePosts: 542
    moonbound said:
    Asch126 said:
    Idk why people keep comparing Skyforge to GW2. You want a game to compare to Skyforge? Elsword, because they are pretty much the same thing, only Elsword doesn't force you to grind your butt off just to get the class you want.
    How are they not similar? Both have instances and open world areas, both combat is similar but skyforge seems to be more interesting and more tactical, both are budget games regardless of what the above user said here guild wars has always been built around budget they are popular sure but they make sure they make pretty art styles and lower graphics tech so everyone can buy and play.

    Skyforge is nothing like elsword.
    Oh? Play Elsword, imagine it with a more MMO feel. It's exactly the same. You have some big mental issues if you compare Skyforge to Guild Wars 2 and not to Elsword or its predecessor Grand Chase.

    Both games involve mostly dungeons, both have 3 main characters/classes, both have "open world areas" that aren't really open, they're levels in-between, both force you to replay the same dungeons over and over.

    The only true difference is the combat, where Skyforge has a Tera/GW2 feel to it, Elsword is a side-scroller. And like i said, Elsword doesn't force you to grind for the simplest things.
  • LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327
    Asch126 said:
    moonbound said:
    Asch126 said:
    Idk why people keep comparing Skyforge to GW2. You want a game to compare to Skyforge? Elsword, because they are pretty much the same thing, only Elsword doesn't force you to grind your butt off just to get the class you want.
    How are they not similar? Both have instances and open world areas, both combat is similar but skyforge seems to be more interesting and more tactical, both are budget games regardless of what the above user said here guild wars has always been built around budget they are popular sure but they make sure they make pretty art styles and lower graphics tech so everyone can buy and play.

    Skyforge is nothing like elsword.

    "The only true difference is the combat, where Skyforge has a Tera/GW2 feel to it, Elsword is a side-scroller."
     

    That "true" difference is a huge difference.  It's enough, in and of itself, to warrant them not being anything alike.  Personally, I don't like side scrollers so whereas I would certainly play Skyforge, I would never touch Elsword.
  • FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433
    edited August 2015
    Fdzzaigl said:
    ....Personally I wouldn't call Skyforge's combat that fast paced it either. Because there's nothing fast paced about spamming in my opinion.

    Of course if your playing Skyforge, you get your azz kicked repeatedly if you spam in the wrong order. GW2 is much more forgiving.

    <snip>
    I played Skyforge for about 20 hours. In that time, playing mostly the Paladin class, I can count the times I got in trouble on one hand. Usually because I tried to overpull a dungeon to finish it quicker, because I got massively bored smashing through it with the same rotation again.

    On the other hand, I got owned by quite a few encounters in GW2 in the same time.

    So I really don't agree. Unless the game gets dramatically harder later on.

    Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

  • KhebelnKhebeln Member UncommonPosts: 759
    Fdzzaigl said:
    Fdzzaigl said:
    ....Personally I wouldn't call Skyforge's combat that fast paced it either. Because there's nothing fast paced about spamming in my opinion.

    Of course if your playing Skyforge, you get your azz kicked repeatedly if you spam in the wrong order. GW2 is much more forgiving.

    <snip>
    I played Skyforge for about 20 hours. In that time, playing mostly the Paladin class, I can count the times I got in trouble on one hand. Usually because I tried to overpull a dungeon to finish it quicker, because I got massively bored smashing through it with the same rotation again.

    On the other hand, I got owned by quite a few encounters in GW2 in the same time.

    So I really don't agree. Unless the game gets dramatically harder later on.
    It does. Actually it gets really hard later on. And the hardest content is not even here yet. Anything before about 10k is super easy as its technically tutorial. And it gets really hard after 36k. At 69k+ you get the ultra hard encounters Distortions that we dont have in EU version yet. They req use of god forms.

    Here is example showing it gets a lot harder later on. Its 5 man Invasion Instance. If anyone is interested go to Excessum Gaming Youtube channel if you want to see every instance in the game with walk trough and explanation :)



    image
    (Retired)- Anarchy Online/Ultima Online/DAoC/Horizonsz/EQ2/SWG/AC1&2/L2/SoR/WoW/TMO/Requiem/Atlantica Online/Manibogi/Rift+(SL)/Lol/Hon/SWTOR/Wakfu/Champions Online/GW/Lotr/CO/TcoS/Tabula Rasa/Meridian 59/Vanguard/Shadowbane/Fury/SotW/Dreamlords/HGL/RoM/DDO/FFXI/Aoc/Eve/Warhammer Online/Gw2/TSW/Tera/Defiance/STO/AoW/DE/Firefall/Darkfall/Neverwinter/PS2/ESO/FF14/Archeage/Gw2

  • LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327
    Fdzzaigl said:
    Fdzzaigl said:
    ....Personally I wouldn't call Skyforge's combat that fast paced it either. Because there's nothing fast paced about spamming in my opinion.

    Of course if your playing Skyforge, you get your azz kicked repeatedly if you spam in the wrong order. GW2 is much more forgiving.

    <snip>
    I played Skyforge for about 20 hours. In that time, playing mostly the Paladin class, I can count the times I got in trouble on one hand. Usually because I tried to overpull a dungeon to finish it quicker, because I got massively bored smashing through it with the same rotation again.

    On the other hand, I got owned by quite a few encounters in GW2 in the same time.

    So I really don't agree. Unless the game gets dramatically harder later on.

    I suppose that would depend on the player because on the whole, I found GW2 to be a lot easier than Skyforge. 
  • Asch126Asch126 Member RarePosts: 542
    edited August 2015
    It's only hard because everything, even trash, has way too much HP and the game has no healer or even dodging.

    Nice self advertising though.
  • LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327
    Asch126 said:
    It's only hard because everything, even trash, has way too much HP and the game has no healer or even dodging.

    Nice self advertising though.

    It does have a dash, which has pretty much the same effect that a dodge does.  Truth be told, it has a healer as well which ironically enough is mob you're fighting.  They spit out heals quite regularly.
  • CandyCaneNJCandyCaneNJ Member UncommonPosts: 187
    I have not touched Skyforge since GW2's core game went F2P. I haven't touched FF 14 A realm reborn either lol. 
  • LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327
    I have not touched Skyforge since GW2's core game went F2P. I haven't touched FF 14 A realm reborn either lol. 
    Why is that?  Too busy playing GW2?
  • ZhenocnraZhenocnra Member UncommonPosts: 40
    edited August 2015
    The grind is actually tolerable in WoW compared to Skyforge. In Skyforge I feel like I'm grinding and BARELY getting anywhere, only this time instead of typical Korean MMORPG and grinding until your mind is numb out in the fields, it's Russian style which is grinding instances over instances. Or just waiting for those quest spawns to respawn so you can just grind the entire quest loop over and over again.
  • CandyCaneNJCandyCaneNJ Member UncommonPosts: 187
    I have not touched Skyforge since GW2's core game went F2P. I haven't touched FF 14 A realm reborn either lol. 
    Why is that?  Too busy playing GW2?
    Yep! 
Sign In or Register to comment.