Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Everyone will play Pantheon !

12346»

Comments

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085
    Ok, I'll assume you mean "proof", then.
  • AntiquatedAntiquated Member RarePosts: 1,415
    Phry said:
    Adamantine said:

What are you talking about ?!?!?
    The op. He totally has prof. (And more prof.)
    did you mean this version of prof?

urban dictionary Top Definition
    A dope rapper from minnesota.

Well, I certainly hope not.

MN is a well-known breeding ground of dope Hiphop, though. Tons of urban angst.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    edited October 2015
    Phry said:
    Adamantine said:

What are you talking about ?!?!?
    The op. He totally has prof. (And more prof.)
    did you mean this version of prof?

urban dictionary Top Definition
    A dope rapper from minnesota.

Well, I certainly hope not.

MN is a well-known breeding ground of dope Hiphop, though. Tons of urban angst.
    Never been much of a fan of either tbh,  i guess i prefer this kind;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWmGNRoGLhc  
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    Well, as long as you have prof.

What I have is knowing we've been lied to with false statics of players wanting things like simple, short, on rail and even cash shops.

Doesn't it always seem like you never voted for that stuff, it must have been the other guys ?

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    edited October 2015

This seems like a good place for this.  The lie will be over when players see an mmo produced !

Misconception

People think companies research consumers demands....THEY DO !.....deeply in fact !

Well, what happens when research doesn't match what a company is willing to produce ?

They sway the truth !

Its very easy for large scale originations to manipulate.  They are many, we are few.   And in many cases we are one.  How can we dispute research as an individual with out using large sums of money, when its NOT THAT IMPORTANT to us as an individual.

Would you pay thousands for research just so you can say " your wrong "......They can even twist that !  Marketing is very powerful.

It's much easer and still very profitable for MMO designers to say " our research shows players like " 

- Extremely easy games, with only 30 days of content.

- Players like to solo everything, but like players around them for comfort.

- Players like Cash shops and many really enjoy spending a lot.

- Mega servers, people love this !

Notice all this so called demand is for their benefit ?.......You as an individual can't dispute anything they say !

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507

This seems like a good place for this.  The lie will be over when players see an mmo produced !

Misconception

People think companies research consumers demands....THEY DO !.....deeply in fact !

Well, what happens when research doesn't match what a company is willing to produce ?

They sway the truth !

Its very easy for large scale originations to manipulate.  They are many, we are few.   And in many cases we are one.  How can we dispute research as an individual with out using large sums of money, when its NOT THAT IMPORTANT to us as an individual.

Would you pay thousands for research just so you can say " your wrong "......They can even twist that !  Marketing is very powerful.

It's much easer and still very profitable for MMO designers to say " our research shows players like " 

- Many people will purchase extremely easy games, with only 30 days of content.

- Many players like to solo everything, but like players around them for comfort.

- Many players like Cash shops and many really enjoy spending a lot.

- Mega servers, many people love this !

Notice all this so called demand is for their benefit ?.......You as an individual can't dispute anything they say !

There, a few additional words, and your statements become very accurate and proven by most analysis and player purchasing habits.

Now, are there "some" people who might enjoy something other than above, certainly, but are there "many" players who would not only enjoy it but pay for it, well the verdict is out on that, and probably not easy to prove, going to require someone to take a risk, make a good game, and then see what happens.

BTW, back to your OP, due to it's design, this title won't be for me, doesn't have the features I insist on.  (Territory control PVP objectives,  I need something to fight for)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085
    Kyleran said:
    BTW, back to your OP, due to it's design, this title won't be for me, doesn't have the features I insist on.  (Territory control PVP objectives,  I need something to fight for)
    Well assuming that they add at some point fairly workable PvP, I wouldnt mind castle sieges like in Lineage 2. And just for the record, L2 PvP wasnt exactly balanced either, certainly not 1vs1 PvP. A well played Treasure Hunter (human rogue) could kill any other class, a necromancer would kill most if his paralyze ability (anchor?!) would hit, etc. So its really just "workable" PvP, not much else.

• SinistSinist Member RarePosts: 1,369
    Kyleran said:
    Well assuming that they add at some point fairly workable PvP, I wouldnt mind castle sieges like in Lineage 2. And just for the record, L2 PvP wasnt exactly balanced either, certainly not 1vs1 PvP. A well played Treasure Hunter (human rogue) could kill any other class, a necromancer would kill most if his paralyze ability (anchor?!) would hit, etc. So its really just "workable" PvP, not much else.

Based on what I have read, PvP is not the focus, nor will it become the focus. They did say they would open up a PvP server if there is enough interest, but the game will not be designed around such (ala EQ). I don't think anyone is against them having a special server that allows it, but I know for myself (and many I have played with over the years), if the game starts trying to attend to PvP on the PvE servers, it is an absolute deal breaker.

EQ had PvP successfully because it separated it by servers and any rule set changes were held specific to those servers. You could PvP though on the PvE servers by either the Arena (a PvP flagged zone) or by doing an irreversible quest that flagged you PvP permanently. Few flagged as PvE servers really were pointless if you were seeking PvP and the Arena was just for fun. People who complained about class balance on the PvE servers were given a hard time for such due to obvious reasons.

It is best this way. I mean, the only people I knew who ever wanted to PvP on a PvE server (in most MMOs) with any consistency were unskilled players looking for easy targets.

• DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    Kyleran said:

There, a few additional words, and your statements become very accurate and proven by most analysis and player purchasing habits.

Now, are there "some" people who might enjoy something other than above, certainly, but are there "many" players who would not only enjoy it but pay for it, well the verdict is out on that, and probably not easy to prove, going to require someone to take a risk, make a good game, and then see what happens.

As an avid PvPer, and someone who has played just about every PvP MMO, I thought I'd let you know that fighting over content, dungeons, and raid mobs in EQ was a lot more fun to me (and meaningful) than simply fighting over a plot of land with a castle on it. That sort of limited end game got boring quickly in every game it appeared. PvP for content and progression, on the other hand, was a much more enduring and enjoyable.

If Pantheon is anything like EQ in that respect, you may be pleasantly surprised at how much fun that sort of PvP can be.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985
    Dullahan said:
    Kyleran said:

As an avid PvPer, and someone who has played just about every PvP MMO, I thought I'd let you know that fighting over content, dungeons, and raid mobs in EQ was a lot more fun to me (and meaningful) than simply fighting over a plot of land with a castle on it. That sort of limited end game got boring quickly in every game it appeared. PvP for content and progression, on the other hand, was a much more enduring and enjoyable.

If Pantheon is anything like EQ in that respect, you may be pleasantly surprised at how much fun that sort of PvP can be.
    PvP in Vanguard was horrendous.  Sooo much was broken.

It did lead to one of the most fun online adventures I ever had though.  We played on the "faction PvP" server and I think the name of the city we raided was Halas (it was the frosty one).  We were able to use the chat system to talk to people in the city as though we were in their faction and started calling for "help" while giving false info about our numbers or where we were.  Such chaos...  We got to roam that city for a good 90 minutes before they realized what was going on and eventually zerged us.   Definitely an all-time memory.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• ZajjarZajjar Member UncommonPosts: 116
    pantheon the last beacon of hope for a decent pve mmorpg in the high fantasy settings