Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trespasser DLC Coming September 8th | Dragon Age: Inquisition | MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited August 2015 in News & Features Discussion

imageTrespasser DLC Coming September 8th | Dragon Age: Inquisition | MMORPG.com

EA Spain has posted a trailer for the next Dragon Age: Inquisition DLC that will be released on September 8th. Called "Trespasser", the content takes place two years after the main story, the Inquisitor is slowly being killed by the mark and the world is falling apart. The trailer has been set to private pending the live stream later this afternoon. We'll keep you posted in about five hours.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited August 2015
    Nice. I hope its long enough as this might be the last dlc (i hope im wrong). Got 18 hours down on my second playthrough so far (it took me 120 hours to beat the game the first time). Except for the fetch quests in the Hinterlands, i really like this game. Cant wait to play all the DLCs too.

• GreteldaGretelda Member UncommonPosts: 359
    Nice. I hope its long enough as this might be the last dlc (i hope im wrong). Got 18 hours down on my second playthrough so far (it took me 120 hours to beat the game the first time). Except for the fetch quests in the Hinterlands, i really like this game. Cant wait to play all the DLCs too.
    i moved from Hinterland as fast as i could and it seems i made the right call. as for fetch quests, while design wise it was an stupid move by Bioware, they are mostly optional. you only need to do a few of them later in order to advance in the story. also even though i loved Inquisition, just like it's prequels i don't expect much from it's DLCs. wish they could release an "Awakening" style expansion but damned EA won't allow that.

my top MMOs: UO,DAOC,WoW,GW2

most of my posts are just my opinions they are not facts,it is the same for you too.

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444
    I think they should just stop with the DLC's. They aren't going to get people to stop playing Witcher 3 for DA:I. I don't even like the Witcher series as much as Witcher fans do, and I'm hard pressed to think of a single reason to play DA:I over Witcher 3.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148
    Roin said:
    I think they should just stop with the DLC's. They aren't going to get people to stop playing Witcher 3 for DA:I. I don't even like the Witcher series as much as Witcher fans do, and I'm hard pressed to think of a single reason to play DA:I over Witcher 3.
    not sure if serious... who hasn't finished Witcher by now? I did with tons of question marks left on the map because they are far more pointless than anything in DA:I. Having played both, DA is superior. It offers much more. The base, the characters, the dramatic turns. Witcher is sparse in that way, and each contract has a similar tone. Geralt: "then I killed em with a slingblade mmmhmm". Great game, but people are strange thinking that it's better to play with a single monotone character rather than 8 fully fleshed out characters. I worry this is what people will think with MGS5, which will undoubtedly be similar just in another setting.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    adam_nox said:
    Roin said:
    not sure if serious... who hasn't finished Witcher by now? I did with tons of question marks left on the map because they are far more pointless than anything in DA:I. Having played both, DA is superior. It offers much more. The base, the characters, the dramatic turns. Witcher is sparse in that way, and each contract has a similar tone. Geralt: "then I killed em with a slingblade mmmhmm". Great game, but people are strange thinking that it's better to play with a single monotone character rather than 8 fully fleshed out characters. I worry this is what people will think with MGS5, which will undoubtedly be similar just in another setting.
    Well, I haven't finished Witcher yet but I've been busy. having said that, it's a ridiculous premise anyway. Why does one have to play one over the other? Additionally, they are slightly different experiences as in one you step into your own character and can control your party (which I never liked anyway, Just want to play one character which is what I usually do) and the other you take on the persona of an iconic character. I don't view one being "better" so much as just different. Though I do think the Witcher 3 does quite a lot "right" such as the cities/towns, how the npc's move along in the world, etc. I'd like to see some of that infiltrate the elder scrolls series.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • AlamonzoroAlamonzoro Member UncommonPosts: 120
    edited August 2015
    slow learning,but learning.

• AlamonzoroAlamonzoro Member UncommonPosts: 120
    Maybe in two Year they learn they have to make good stories again.

• GreteldaGretelda Member UncommonPosts: 359
    edited August 2015
    Sovrath said:
    adam_nox said:
    Roin said:
    Well, I haven't finished Witcher yet but I've been busy. having said that, it's a ridiculous premise anyway. Why does one have to play one over the other? Additionally, they are slightly different experiences as in one you step into your own character and can control your party (which I never liked anyway, Just want to play one character which is what I usually do) and the other you take on the persona of an iconic character. I don't view one being "better" so much as just different. Though I do think the Witcher 3 does quite a lot "right" such as the cities/towns, how the npc's move along in the world, etc. I'd like to see some of that infiltrate the elder scrolls series.
    they can be compared but they shouldn't be. each company is focusing on a different aspect but sadly people keep forcing comparisons and that's when adam_nox has a point. when it comes to character development Witcher characters barely get any. compare that with all the developments that characters like Morrigan, Flemeth, Loghain etc got in the entire Trilogy. that's because Dragon Age is a party base game so of course they have more room for development, whereas the resources in Witcher 3 were spend on making a better Open World. sadly people insist on these comparisons though just to make small jabs at EA. Bioware actually dared to force you to play it's previous games in order to fully enjoy Inquisition. with CDPR however, they tried their best to make Witcher 3 a new player friendly experience in order to appeal to next gen players. (granted bioware abandoned previous gen when it came to DLCs of Inquisition, but storywise they didn't and they also released their core game for previous gen) i love both Witcher and Dragon Age, but people have double standards on the internet. EA did some horrible things to the industry in recent years, that doesn't mean i am gonna ignore any good things they also do though. PS: i am not trying to start a discussion here though. i said what i had to say. whether you agree or not is up to you.
    Post edited by Gretelda on

my top MMOs: UO,DAOC,WoW,GW2

most of my posts are just my opinions they are not facts,it is the same for you too.

edited August 2015
    Both Witcher and DA games are fantastic in their own way. I wont compare them, i like both for different reasons. I will say that the main big difference between them is EA which is obviously a huge con for DA. But the game itself is good.

I will agree with Gretelda, EAWARE should do an "awakening-like" expansion for inquisition to finalize the story. And then focus on making Dragon Age 3 (inquisition is not DA3) :pleased: 

• Yuk0raYuk0ra Member UncommonPosts: 35
    There should really be a spoiler alert at the beginning of this....
    edited August 2015
    caged9087 said:
    There should really be a spoiler alert at the beginning of this....
    which spoiler, the main character dying from the mark? I think that is evident since the beginning of the game the MC is not immune to its danger. Thats not a spoiler to me, but maybe its just me. Im an alien when it comes to spoilers. While everyone complains that it ruins their experience, they help me decide if a game is worth buying. But again, thats just me. Probably not normal lol.

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    It's said in the very first moments of DAI when the Inquisitor steps out of the jail cell with Cassandra that the mark is killing her. It's not a secret or a spoiler. It's a given. They thought that closing the breaches would cure the mark. Obviously it didn't and its effect over 2 years has got to literally be killing her.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯