Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free Mobile MMORPG List and MMO Games - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited August 2015 in News & Features Discussion

imageFree Mobile MMORPG List and MMO Games - MMORPG.com

Trion's first new game since bringing Scott Hartsman back as CEO was the now certified hit, Trove. Today, they're unveiling the second game to come out of the Trion Labs initiative: Atlas Reactor. A turn-based tactical combat game, Atlas Reactor has the looks and personality to stand on its own, and the tactical gameplay reminiscent of XCOM or Shadowrun to make us take notice.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    edited August 2015
    umm its not new,been done before ... there are numerous simultaneos turn based games
  • KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563
    It's looks like X-Com meets Borderlands!!!
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    edited August 2015
    DMKano said:
    Scorchien said:
    umm its not new,been done before ... there are numerous simultaneos turn based games
    Name a single simultaneous turn moba.
    Frozen Synapse , Arena of Heores .... FS 2 , Aerena.. etc ,.. there are others.
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    hmm Hard to shake that End of Nations feeling, but I'm game I'll sign up.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    DMKano said:
    Nice. About time someone made a turn based game like this. Simultaneous turns is pretty smart, I always hate waiting for the other team.
    AKA "another bestest game ever from Trion!11". We already know how this turns out....

• jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    Scorchien said:
    DMKano said:
    Scorchien said:
    none of those are simultaneous, in all of them you have to wait your turn.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• MitaraMitara Member UncommonPosts: 755
    TRION !! ehm... they now how to distribute korean games?
  • AwDiddumsAwDiddums Member UncommonPosts: 416
    Scorchien said:
    DMKano said:
    Scorchien said:
    none of those are simultaneous, in all of them you have to wait your turn.
    Technically the poster is correct about Frozen Synapse, it does use a simultaneous system similar to Trions game, but the game itself uses squads of soldiers under control of the player so it's like the thousands of other strat games out there, the other games listed after looking at their features list are all standard turn based games. This game does look really interesting, I'm not a moba fan, but with this system it does appeal to me, I don't have to worry about my reactions, I can just rely on tactical choices to win the game.
  • ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265
    Love turn base combats:) gonna look after tis one.
  • VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Liking the look of this... I don't like this style aesthetically for long term MMORPGs like Wildstar, but it's ideal for this kind of drop in thing. Looks a lot of fun.
  • FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433
    Looks very neat. I absolutely agree with them that this style adds a ton the personality of the characters.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• unclemounclemo Member UncommonPosts: 462
    Looks like they're trying to satisfy the potential MOBA players who don't have the reflexes or patience to learn every detail of a game simply to be competitive. I think Blizzard had the same thing in mind by offering a MOBA without last-shotting and item progression. Heroes of the Storm is definitely more accessible to the more casual player. Although I've lost my confidence in Trion as a consumer, I wish them well. Anything that expands on a gaming genre is most welcome. Hopefully the generate a nice core audience.
  • PalaPala Member UncommonPosts: 356
    Actually, this is more based on Xcom/Hearthstone success than Heroes of the Storm. Personally, I dont do action combat in MMOs or twitch based FPS or Mobas. Too much rushing not enough thinking, for me that's boring and tiring. So this is indeed looking interesting.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited August 2015
    I don't know what to say.I knew Trion would no longer go for expensive projects ,this one really surprised me.

The only thing that really strikes me as weird is the characters do not look like they are part of the world but look like modules.

I have never heard of Xcom had to look it up.I see Infogrames made a couple games for the series but i was too busy playing Unreal back in those days.The only turn based game i am playing right now is Hearthstone far too much rng for me and i see the same thing happening with this game.

I am sitting here trying to imagine how this game will play,i cannot think of how but then again i never played this Xcom or any game like this.

Like seriously how does one make a choice for his/her turn...just guess?I don't think this will work,seems like just trying to hit another market with an easy budget game.

A friendly reminder that on this new age wonderful site,you need to put a < p> after each paragraph to form spaces..../sigh.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178
    Pala said:
    Actually, this is more based on Xcom/Hearthstone success than Heroes of the Storm. Personally, I dont do action combat in MMOs or twitch based FPS or Mobas. Too much rushing not enough thinking, for me that's boring and tiring. So this is indeed looking interesting.
    When I watch competitive MOBA games I notice both are needed to win. You need a good overal tactic and ability to adept. But you also need to be quick in combat situation and execute things perfectly in sync with your team. About Trions attempt. I like the idea, could be fun. Sound like a chess and MOBA crossover. I hope however you get enough time to think about your move. 10 seconds is not a lot when you do not know all the character on the board and their moves.
  • AlamonzoroAlamonzoro Member UncommonPosts: 120
    will game be a mess to play or no,no one knows.

• cylon8cylon8 Member UncommonPosts: 362
    What laughable is them calling trove a hit. After bungling archage i gotta wonder is there anything trion cant ruin. This looks promising but if its still on their what ten yr old game engine its gonna be awful.

so say we all

• hugtime4everhugtime4ever Member UncommonPosts: 38
    Yeah I'm not touching a Trion game ever again after Archeage.

Looking forward to uhh.....
    playing: Civ 5, Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD

• jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    Yeah I'm not touching a Trion game ever again after Archeage.
    Then you need to stop posting in threads that discuss games from Trion.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• KhebelnKhebeln Member UncommonPosts: 794
    DMKano said:
    Nice. About time someone made a turn based game like this. Simultaneous turns is pretty smart, I always hate waiting for the other team.
    What he said :D

(Retired)- Anarchy Online/Ultima Online/DAoC/Horizonsz/EQ2/SWG/AC1&2/L2/SoR/WoW/TMO/Requiem/Atlantica Online/Manibogi/Rift+(SL)/Lol/Hon/SWTOR/Wakfu/Champions Online/GW/Lotr/CO/TcoS/Tabula Rasa/Meridian 59/Vanguard/Shadowbane/Fury/SotW/Dreamlords/HGL/RoM/DDO/FFXI/Aoc/Eve/Warhammer Online/Gw2/TSW/Tera/Defiance/STO/AoW/DE/Firefall/Darkfall/Neverwinter/PS2/ESO/FF14/Archeage/Gw2

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    For those that like turn based tactical Lionheart Tactics is a really fun game and its free
  • 43%burnt43%burnt Member UncommonPosts: 162
    We got our WoW clone, we got our asia grinder, we got our voxelcraft mmo.... damn it guys, we are lacking on the cellshade/comic/blizzard-looking front. Late bandwagon jumping looks aside, the game could be interesting. Hoping they played a lot of Incubation...
  • ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    Trion is a very poorly run company why bother...

• ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    edited August 2015
    DMKano said:
    Trion is a very poorly run company why bother...

Care to elaborate?

Otherwise you're just making an empty accusation with zero backup.

[mod edit]. I played Rift for years and was early tester for Archeage. I was also an early tester for defiance and trove. The company is poorly run. What part of poorly run don't you understand? Everything they do has major flaws and problems. I have never seen them successfully release anything without major bigtime problems. I started with this company investing my time since 2010. 
    Post edited by Amana on

• NitemareMMONitemareMMO Member UncommonPosts: 239
    bcbully said:
    hmm Hard to shake that End of Nations feeling, but I'm game I'll sign up.
    I signed up in a split second! So much welcome refreshment from a billion 1st person shooters and MOBAs everyone is pushing out nowadays... However you brought a sour taste in my mouth, TRION seems to be capable shutting down beta project just as easy as EA in it's glory days lol.