Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hacked years ago, gave up. F2P model worth it? Graphically updated?

toomuch4212toomuch4212 Member UncommonPosts: 82
Part of this was in response to a similar hacking thread. But I'd really like to know besides all the mixed reviews and comments on this site I've read.
:anguished: 

A very similar thing happened to me, except it was while the game was still subscription based, I got hacked and NCsoft caught it after a few days and locked the account and when I logged back in after changing my password etc. I too had gained a few levels to say the least but all my stuff was gone and replaced with stacks of other items and some really good stuff at the time, and salot more gold. ALOT more gold... While that's great, this really freaked me out since I did have a credit card on file so I cancelled my sub and haven't been back. This was years ago. Which is sad, because I truely enjoyed the game and at the time had the best graphics and innovation for an MMO(at the time). I no longer have that e-mail so I couldn't use that account again if I wanted to sadly. Wish I could but I'd be too leery I think to use it anyway. I may call them and try to get it back, but we'll see, as I wasn't super high anyways maybe level 47 or so I think. 

I really want to know if it's worth it to re-roll and play again from start. Is the grind a bit less (ie., is leveling at least faster)? And my biggest concern is the hacking bad? Because my new account has a blade and soul founders master pack on it and I don't want that compromised in any way. Are the graphics updated at all? Since now I could see them turning from once awe inspiring and beautiful to somewhat dated and done too much in other MMOs nowadays. 

Also, to those who think it's worth the try again what classes are good now? I heard smn and gunner. I play a level capped gunner in Tera. So if any vet who played before and still plays, or anyone who at least knows and plays now, I'm really curious if the game has improved and been updated and how the graphics hold up and if they have been updated and generally how the game is now that it's F2P (world and even zone sizes and amounts, questing any voice acting? Basically for being F2P what is the state of the game now? are the item store and premium subs just for convince items or is there pay to win aspects? Just super curious, because while it was years ago and specifics are a bit lost on me except some zones and of course the flying, I would really like to know what character to roll now and if PVP is any decent too? 

Comments

• JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    F2P the game is very generous, however the grind is still mind numbing. PvP was great, gameplay was fun, PvE content was good enough too. Aion is a really great game, but it demands a lot of your time. Even more than other Korean games like Archeage/Tera.
    Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,175
    edited September 2015
    Aion is a really good game that is full of content and keeps getting  regular content updates. I think it got a slight graphic update a few years ago and for being 6 years old it still looks nice. All classes are good if know what you are doing but as for OP class that would be Songweaver. It has good DPS, heals and CC which makes it very hard to beat. After leaving Lineage 2 I came to Aion and have been really enjoying it. Aion feels like a real mmo.
  • StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,673
    Like @JDis25 said.

Their F2P model is better than a lot of previous P2P switching to F2P.

Leveling doesn't take as long as it use to.
    MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517
    I could never get into this game..
    When all is said and done, more is always said than done.
  • JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    Like @JDis25 said.

Their F2P model is better than a lot of previous P2P switching to F2P.

Leveling doesn't take as long as it use to.
    I don't know if they updated it recently.. But I used the fast track server and it was still too slow for me.
    Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • toomuch4212toomuch4212 Member UncommonPosts: 82
    I started back up and it's been up and down. I find myself putting it down for a few days at a time. The leveling on fast track server isn't terrible. A little slower than Tera. Still haven't got enough invested time-wise to know if I will continue to go back, but it's more a filler for me before other things are released or for when I don't feel like playing my other MMO games in my rotation atm. Definitely came a long way for sure though. 
  • jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    NCSoft korea will be releasing a new expansion for Aion in Korea and it might have a graphical overhaul along with mechanics changes. It will eventually come to NA server.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

NCSoft korea will be releasing a new expansion for Aion in Korea and it might have a graphical overhaul along with mechanics changes. It will eventually come to NA server.

Looking foward to it.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    What's the community like lately for this game? Thinking about playing it again.
  • ThumbtackJThumbtackJ Member UncommonPosts: 669
    Recore said:
    Aion is a really good game that is full of content and keeps getting  regular content updates. I think it got a slight graphic update a few years ago and for being 6 years old it still looks nice. All classes are good if know what you are doing but as for OP class that would be Songweaver. It has good DPS, heals and CC which makes it very hard to beat. After leaving Lineage 2 I came to Aion and have been really enjoying it. Aion feels like a real mmo.
    Do you recommend Siel or Tiamat? I was gonna roll Asmo and go Aethertech. How long before you can jump into PvP?
    edited September 2015
    Recore said:
    Do you recommend Siel or Tiamat? I was gonna roll Asmo and go Aethertech. How long before you can jump into PvP?

I am on Tiamat which is pretty populated so I can say its a good server to join. As for PVP you can start as early as around level 20-25 on Standard Server by going through Rifts or by going to the Abyss. If you are on the Fast Track server there are no Rifts until around level 55 but you can still go to the Abyss around level 20-25. There is also tournament style pvp that opens up around level 55.
  • BlackthronBlackthron Member UncommonPosts: 36