Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is there a current MMO that is fun to stream?

sludgebeardsludgebeard Member RarePosts: 788
I've been streaming on Twitch for the past couple of months and Ive noticed that very few MMO's get streamed right now. 

Does anyone have an MMO that would be fun to stream, or even just relaxed enough to where I can still interact with people while playing?

My first consideration was actually RPG:MO

http://store.steampowered.com/app/372800/

It has a very oldschool Runscape looking vibe to it, its deep, but simple graphically and mechanically to make it decent for interaction. I feel like the graphics might just be a turn off for some people. 

Project Gorgon also is on my list, but again, graphics.

Anyways, if you have a good streaming MMO id love to hear it guys!

Comments

• JakobmillerJakobmiller Member RarePosts: 674
    I'd say no. There are MMOs that are considered "fun" to watch when it comes to MMOs, but it's because of the PvP. All of the triple AAA MMOs do not provide this type of PvP. The problem with the "fun to watch" MMOs is that they are extremely affected by stream sniping, just like any other PvP oriented game like DayZ, H1Z1 and what not.

These MMOs I am speaking about are:

Darkfall Unholy Wars
    EVE Online
    Tibia

The problem with Darkfall is that people know exactly where you are, your political standing and so on. This heavily affects you in the game. I streamed Darkfall Unholy Wars during release and it worked very well, but as soon as I became a leader and got into the PvP, it did not work out anymore.

EVE Online got it's niche viewers and it is very nice game for interaction. I used to stream that as well for some time and I enjoyed it.

Tibia is another. This is a game where you will get viewers if you are a good streamer. I grew a strong fan base in this game, but if you've never played it... Good luck :P It's a very old game as well.

Streaming MMOs is a really bad idea if the MMOs arn't new.. The problem is that you grow a fan base that is heavily dependent on what game you are playing. Lets say you play WoW and grow a fan base of about 200 concurrent viewers.. You will most likely end up with 20 viewers if you play any other game, since they are there for the game and not you.
  • BraindomeBraindome Member UncommonPosts: 959
    Lineage II
  • anemoanemo Member RarePosts: 1,903
    While not an MMO, probably any MOBA like DoTA/LoL.  

Maybe some stuff where enough random things happen, or where things can go horribly wrong/right.   So that's EvE, and other MMO's where you can gank and be ganked.

If you're playing a World of Everclone game.   You'd probably only be able to get away with that if you're on a peak(furthest raiding guild, top PvPer, know all the mechanics of the game+discussing in chat)

Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent.

"At one point technology meant making tech that could get to the moon, now it means making tech that could get you a taxi."

• YanocchiYanocchi Member UncommonPosts: 677
    I recommend taking a look at this thread.

http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/439366/lets-have-baldurs-gate-mmorpg-experience-together#latest

There are a lot of fans of Dungeons & Dragons and Baldur's Gate games out there. It's also one of the most unpredictable MMO experiences because dungeon masters can arrange something very unusual at any given moment. Furthermore, no one has ever streamed that one before.

Baldur's Gate Online - Video Trailer
    * more info, screenshots and videos here

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    The first thing have to know about streaming games, is that its not the game that makes a stream interesting, it is the streamer themselves, they are the entertainment, and the better they are at it, the more popular they are.
    Take pewdiepie, that guy could probably get a million viewers just playing frogger, its how he does it that makes all the difference.