Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Realm Zero

IkisisIkisis Member UncommonPosts: 443
edited August 2015 in PC Gaming
This game is pretty impressive, one guy managed to create a massive twitch combat fps, with a swg like housing system, water buoyancy,  harvesting system with plant cloning and cross pollination, taming system, territory control, server side physics system, the list goes on.

This was all created by 1 guy in a little over a year. I think his project deserves a listing here and some recognition.
 I donated $20 just for the fact that he created such a massive content list in a alpha solo coding before and after work. Hats off /golferclap to him.

Basically he has created the full original Darkfall online feature list solo with proof and all of it in a freaking alpha build.
Give this man a cookie, some beer, and a roll of ones.
Http://www.realmzero.com

Comments

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    Looks pretty good, and nice pricing as well! You said you made the $20 donation - have you had a chance to play the Alpha yet? If so what is the combat like? I saw a video of a guy wielding a mace in first person with what looked like directional attacks, but I didn't see any actual combat, have you played around with it much?
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    @DMKano yeah, that is slow! I wonder if that long break between March 2014 and Jan 2015 was due to transitioning to Unity 5?
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    Ehh. Already snuffing out the option of a PvE server by saying they dont want to " dwindle "the playerbase. Lets take a look at strict PvP games.

Shadowbane - Shutdown

Darkfall - Small dedicated player base that has since dwindled to an even smaller number. A re release did not help.

UO - Numbers started dropping once other options were available. Highest Player Count came after Trammel released. Last I heard the game still had ~50,000 players.

Mortal Online - I dont think I need to say anything here.

Any others?

As far as I can tell the one " PvP game " that ended up offering a PvE alternative ruleset increased its success and after 15+ years still has an ok sized playerbase. So we have proof that a game that offers both rulesets being more successful than just offering strict PvP rules and no proof that having both " dwindles " the playerbase. While we do have proof that just having the one PvP ruleset does indeed dwindle the playerbase.

I wont mention how just PvE games have been far more successful than PvP games or how a mixture like ESO , GW2 , DAoC..etc have also been far more successful. But I guess I just did.

Maybe they think that if players can kill each other all the time they wont have to make any decent PvE content. A time saver right?