Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Q: An MMORPG that resembles Vanguard: Saga of Heroes?

Mr_PithMr_Pith Member UncommonPosts: 29
I'm a bit late sometimes but this probably takes the price... I didn't know that Vanguard: Saga or Heroes was shut down... Is there a game that resembles VG?

Comments

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    I always thought that Everquest 2 was similar. You might try that.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    The best option is Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen.  It's Brad's next game and it's still in development.  It looks great so far.

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• Mr_PithMr_Pith Member UncommonPosts: 29
    Amjoco said:
    I always thought that Everquest 2 was similar. You might try that.
    I honestly don't know. Will have a look on Youtube, thanks!

GwapoJosh said:
    The best option is Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen.  It's Brad's next game and it's still in development.  It looks great so far.
    I signed up but for the life of me I can't see if the game is available to test (alpha, beta, etc)?

edited August 2015
    Agree with both posters. Playing EQ2 now after stepping away for a few years. Loving it. Vanguard was one of my favorite MMOs. EQ2 is as close as you can get to it right now.
    Thanks!

On a related note Pantheon looks kinda cool:

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

edited August 2015
    No Pantheon is not open to playtest yet sad to say
    OK, thanks... I'm keeping my eye on that one for sure! Now to check out EQ2 :)
  • AsgrimAsgrim Member UncommonPosts: 92
    It depends on what you liked about Vanguard.

Archeage seemed like the successor during the buildup of it's release... seamless world, non-instanced player housing, boats, etc. I think it still has a dedicated community at this point. Lots of drama about the F2P system. I dunno. I tried it briefly but didn't like the strange blend of medieval and modern settings they used.

Istaria is an older game with a really small playerbase. Still regularly updated though. It features a seamless world, non-instanced player housing, multi-classing to your heart's extent, and a great crafting system. The graphics are way subpar when compared to most other MMOs, but I still find them charming. Oh yeah, and you can play as a dragon if that's your thing... from hatchling to elder dragon, including the ability to fly.

About the only thing that strikes me as similarities between EQ2 and VG are the classes... and the graphics to a lesser extent.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,808
    Vanguard was pretty unique...Too bad it was so badly broken.....EQ2 was fun a few years ago but I deleted in a day both times I tried it in last couple of years.