Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Still no PVE Server ? No wonder this game is history soon.....

PongpingPongping Member UncommonPosts: 131
edited August 2015 in ArcheAge
Not one of my old ArcheAge friends me included wanted to do PvP

PvE in ArcheAge is wonderful and fun , until PvP starts...... and its forced

Developers and PvP Fans think this game is chained to PvP and cant work withtout it....

NOW >

They all left.............

AND >

ArcheAge is merging servers now........

Who wonders ?

The developers wont get their Porsche , Swimming Pools  and other Luxury by not listening to the players demands..

Wrong decicions wrong pride and closed Eyes and Ears  lead right into to a Dead End 

I feel so sorry for the games GRAFIC/SOUND and LORE/STORY designers that have to watch their work going down the drain.

They did awesome work !! To bad that management decicions arent made by them too.

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 33,975
    There are a number of reasons people avoided AA post launch including rampant hacking, botting, gold spam, and a mechanic that limited many peoples ability to farm as the wanted unless the bought potions from the cash shop.

I'd probably put your complaint about 7th or 8th on the list. Seriously, I'm a carebear, but have learned how to have fun in PVP games, 6 years in EVE and did not mind the PVP in AA, adds to the challenge.

"See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing POE at the moment.

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• PongpingPongping Member UncommonPosts: 131
    @Kyleran, dont forget you are you and everyone has his own preferences. I avoid PvP like a plague. I have my reasons why.

i had fun until i think L30 when PvP started and some idiots ganked me over and over ...

same happend to my buddies.... they just wanted to do their PvE stuff....

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Adding PvE servers isn't as simple as it sounds. When Pve is a rather large part of the gameplay those servers will have less content than the regular servers. Now, if they made the game with both server types from the beginning it would have been simplerut now they also need to up the PvE content past lvl 30 for it to work.

And yes, they should consider doing just that since there are plenty of PvE only players, my point is just that it takes more work then most people assume.
    Pongping said:
    @Kyleran, dont forget you are you and everyone has his own preferences. I avoid PvP like a plague. I have my reasons why.

i had fun until i think L30 when PvP started and some idiots ganked me over and over ...

same happend to my buddies.... they just wanted to do their PvE stuff....

Don't take this the wrong way, but your reasons are irrelevant, you learn to overcome your preferences and adapt to the game, you don't ask the game to adapt to you. 

I did it, everyone can do it, just a matter of will and perseverance.

But like you said, you and your friends had another choice, not to play which was the correct for you.

But there is little evidence that making a PVE only server would pay for itself, hence it isnt made.

Also, Korean Devs seem to expect their players to enjoy PVP, pretty central to most of their game designs.

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing POE at the moment.

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Blazer6992Blazer6992 Member UncommonPosts: 621
    That's exactly why I never even played it. I knew it was a pvp MMO.

• GoromhirGoromhir Member UncommonPosts: 446
    I disliked the fact of forced PvP as well and left peacefully.

the other fact is that pvp games wont have a chance over the long term........ even if their player base feels like something special

ArcheAge has many other problems than just forced pvp though
  • PongpingPongping Member UncommonPosts: 131
    any changes to pvp yet ?
    can i disable it  since 2.0 ?
  • IkifalesIkifales Member UncommonPosts: 304
    The majority of people that left did so because of how patron works not because of PvP... The game is actually thriving right now, not sure how long that will last but I'm having a lot of fun on the fresh start server. Between AA and ESO I am very content with my MMO gaming right now. Maybe someday someone will combine the best of both games...
  • DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 21,196
    edited September 2015
    Archeage is a guild PvP game at heart. Don't solo, don't PvE, play it as how it was intended - with a guild, fight other guilds. Profit.

If you are looking for a solo pve game - ArcheAge is not the game for you period. 

Pongping said:
    any changes to pvp yet ?
    can i disable it  since 2.0 ?

Lots of changes to PvP -especially guild warfare , but c'mon it's a PvP game it can't be turned off.

• MisterZebubMisterZebub Member LegendaryPosts: 3,584
    DMKano said:
    Archeage is a guild PvP game at heart. Don't solo, don't PvE, play it as how it was intended - with a guild, fight other guilds. Profit.

If you are looking for a solo pve game - ArcheAge is not the game for you period. 

Archeage with no PVP sounds like my personal definition of hell. That would be such a dreadfully boring game.

"You have kept me at your beck and call for fifteen years. I shall never again do what you demand of me. By every rule of single combat, from this moment your life belongs to me. Is that not correct? Then I shall simply declare you dead. In all of your dealings with me, you'll do me the courtesy to conduct yourself as a dead man. I have submitted to your notions of honor long enough. You will now submit to mine."

• GardavsshadeGardavsshade Member UncommonPosts: 907
    edited September 2015
    Kyleran said:
    There are a number of reasons people avoided AA post launch including rampant hacking, botting, gold spam, and a mechanic that limited many peoples ability to farm as the wanted unless the bought potions from the cash shop....
    These are primary reasons why I won't play ArcheAge. In my opinion this MMO was designed from day one to be a congame and the Players are the marks.

PvP for me has nothing to do with why I won't touch this.... and I nolonger PvP.... that should tell people something.
    DMKano said:

Archeage with no PVP sounds like my personal definition of hell. That would be such a dreadfully boring game.

PvE only ArcheAge is probably the worst idea I've heard, I can't imagine anyone playing that. 
    edited September 2015
    As others have said, PVE only AA would not be an enjoyable game. Sure, you can quest, but most agree the quest system is pretty boring.  You could farm, but to what purpose?  Once you built your house or whatever, then what?  You could craft better gear, but for what purpose......it's mostly beneficial in PVP, not PVE.

You wouldn't like what you are asking for, best to seek it elsewhere.

• MisterZebubMisterZebub Member LegendaryPosts: 3,584
    DMKano said:
    DMKano said:

PvE only ArcheAge is probably the worst idea I've heard, I can't imagine anyone playing that. 
    What's sad is I'm willing to bet there would be a ton of gamers that would play such a game. They'd be the same type of players that wanted PVE servers in ARK: Survival. Sitting there on their boring little farm plots all day playing what is essentially Korean Farming Simulator 2015.

"You have kept me at your beck and call for fifteen years. I shall never again do what you demand of me. By every rule of single combat, from this moment your life belongs to me. Is that not correct? Then I shall simply declare you dead. In all of your dealings with me, you'll do me the courtesy to conduct yourself as a dead man. I have submitted to your notions of honor long enough. You will now submit to mine."

• thunderclesthundercles Member UncommonPosts: 510
    Griefers would probably come over to the pve servers and find a way to harass people anyway. We all know this isn't really about a pve server. It's about a lack of grief prevention. And I'm going to stop right here because this forum is dangerous close to becoming a pvp vs pve argument.
  • Jonas_SGJonas_SG Member UncommonPosts: 475
    Kyleran said:
    As others have said, PVE only AA would not be an enjoyable game. Sure, you can quest, but most agree the quest system is pretty boring.  You could farm, but to what purpose?  Once you built your house or whatever, then what?  You could craft better gear, but for what purpose......it's mostly beneficial in PVP, not PVE.

You wouldn't like what you are asking for, best to seek it elsewhere.

Crafting - Gear.

Dungeon - Gear.

Raid - Gear.

Isn't this the route to succeed in NA and EU?

Korean Weapon and Armor upgrade RNG system is why Archeage failed in NA/EU and RU.  There is no challenge in getting gear in Archeage. All you have to do is Open your Credit card, and let RNG decide how much money Trion will earn this month, haha.

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,560
    As much as I'd love a PVE with elective PVP server, the game seems designed for the upper levels to be all about warring factions. I'm betting XLGames says no to repeated requests from Trion.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

As much as I'd love a PVE with elective PVP server, the game seems designed for the upper levels to be all about warring factions. I'm betting XLGames says no to repeated requests from Trion.

I would hope Trion has never made such a request - because that would be an epic /facepalm

The game is fundamentally designed in every core system to be a guild PvP game.
  • SoloAnythingSoloAnything Member UncommonPosts: 308
    The only reason I avoided Aion and Archeage forced pvp. PvP in mmorpg makes no sense PvP in first person shooter is where is at my actual skill as individual counts in mmorpg a 2 year old mashing buttons on a super geared real money build character will kill everyone around.
  • AngryElfAngryElf Member UncommonPosts: 135
    edited September 2015
    Credit card battles are the best part of AA.   Take away the PvP and you take away the CC wars.  Then nobody would enjoy it. 
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,560
    DMKano said:

I would hope Trion has never made such a request - because that would be an epic /facepalm

The game is fundamentally designed in every core system to be a guild PvP game.

I agree, but Trion's also smart enough to know that PVE means more players.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Seriously, this is a PvP focused game.  Its like saying add bloody death pvp to Hello Kitty Online.  You dont even grind mobs in this game, except for Hasla, like you do in other games.  PvE is just there to get you to max level and give you time to learn your abilities.
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,003
    ArcheAge will probably do fine once they sort out the cash shop stuff or whatever it was people had beef with... i mean lots of people seemed to love the gameplay

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• Jonas_SGJonas_SG Member UncommonPosts: 475
    ArcheAge will probably do fine once they sort out the cash shop stuff or whatever it was people had beef with... i mean lots of people seemed to love the gameplay

If Black Desert Guild PvP is better than Archeage guild PvP - guilds will leave, and only players that invested $ will stay.

Let's see how thing will go with Black Desert RU, and how big of an impact it would have on Archeage RU, when it launches in October/November this year.

Mmh, with Blade and Soul also launching soon, Trions Archeage will have a tough time ahead.