Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Daytime in Terminus

What do you guys reckon, should we check out that building in the distance?

http://on.fb.me/1WcfXAf

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• KilsinKilsin Member RarePosts: 515
    Thanks Blueturtle13, the team is doing some amazing work! I can't wait to show you all more =)
  • thunderclesthundercles Member UncommonPosts: 510
    Looks good! More!! More!!

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

It does look very good, it looks even better in-game and to think, we are not even finished yet! ;)
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    I have to admit that it looks better then I thought it would. :)
    Can't wait to get my hands on this game. Then again, it is second after Shards who looks worse but the player run custom shards keep it at the top anyways. 

Now, if this game just can release in good shape I think it will do very well. 

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• thunderclesthundercles Member UncommonPosts: 510
    DMKano said:
    Those God Rays! Love the look. Most wanted game for me is this one

I think it's coming along great as far as world and character graphics but I disagree on those godrays - those need a ton of work.

The source of light is to the right (if you look at the character and world illumination) but the sun according to screenshot is behind the characters. Obviously that needs more work too heh.

It looks like the shadows in the rest of the world correspond to the God rays. Maybe they just added an extra light source next to the characters to show them off.
  • BuccaneerBuccaneer Member UncommonPosts: 654
    Nice screenshot.  @Kilsin are you still on track for the big update for September?
    As Kilsin said though they are not even finished. Also, in game how they look we do not know yet. This is just a still screen. Saying that I think they look great!
    Yeah, this is an unpolished, unedited screenshot, no bells or whistles, just a straight up in-game shot that isn't even at the highest resolution, I just wanted to get something out to show you guys and I think such a basic screenshot looking so good this early is something to certainly enjoy ;)
    Buccaneer said:
    Nice screenshot.  @Kilsin are you still on track for the big update for September?
    Glad you like it mate!

We are on track for around that time but no set date yet, the update is pretty big so we want to make sure we hit all of our goals and targets before we release it but it will be worth the wait ;)

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

edited August 2015
    Kilsin said:
    Buccaneer said:
    Glad you like it mate!

We are on track for around that time but no set date yet, the update is pretty big so we want to make sure we hit all of our goals and targets before we release it but it will be worth the wait ;)
    Thanks for the info, really appreciate it.

I'm trying to keep the hype in check but really looking forward to your next update :)
    Kilsin said:
    As Kilsin said though they are not even finished. Also, in game how they look we do not know yet. This is just a still screen. Saying that I think they look great!
    Yeah, this is an unpolished, unedited screenshot, no bells or whistles, just a straight up in-game shot that isn't even at the highest resolution, I just wanted to get something out to show you guys and I think such a basic screenshot looking so good this early is something to certainly enjoy ;)
    The visuals look like they're going to be stunning darn good :) (for a MMO) going by the info you have given us.
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Buccaneer said:
    The visuals look like they're going to be stunning (for a MMO) going by the info you have given us.
    I wouldn't say stunning but pretty darn good for an indie game. AoC did after all look almost as good 7 years ago and even if this is a alpha shot who will be improved "stunning" might be too much. AoC though had $80M budget which is pretty darn much, even if TOR had more and certainly is uglier.

It certainly wont turn away people though and of the indie games in devolopment now (Craowfall, Pathfinder. Shards, Camelot), Patheon looks best from what I seen so far (but I can't fairly judge the style of the clothing and weapons without seeing a lot more).

In the end however, it is gameplay and not looks that wins the day so lets hope it is at least as fun as it looks good. :)
    Loke666 said:
    Buccaneer said:
    The visuals look like they're going to be stunning (for a MMO) going by the info you have given us.
    I wouldn't say stunning but pretty darn good for an indie game. AoC did after all look almost as good 7 years ago and even if this is a alpha shot who will be improved "stunning" might be too much. AoC though had $80M budget which is pretty darn much, even if TOR had more and certainly is uglier.

It certainly wont turn away people though and of the indie games in devolopment now (Craowfall, Pathfinder. Shards, Camelot), Patheon looks best from what I seen so far (but I can't fairly judge the style of the clothing and weapons without seeing a lot more).

In the end however, it is gameplay and not looks that wins the day so lets hope it is at least as fun as it looks good. :)
    I agree.  Stunning is probably a bit too optimistic on my part but as you say it's pretty darn good for an indie game. :)  I also agree it won't mean much if the gameplay is lacking.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• ElmberryElmberry Member UncommonPosts: 195
    edited August 2015
    DMKano said:
    Those God Rays! Love the look. Most wanted game for me is this one

I think it's coming along great as far as world and character graphics but I disagree on those godrays - those need a ton of work.

The source of light is to the right (if you look at the character and world illumination) but the sun according to screenshot is behind the characters. Obviously that needs more work too heh.

I agree that the "godrays" needs some improvement. However the graphic has improved a lot since november.

I hope their focus are more on creating large, diverse, narrow, non linear zones and great gameplay than only on good graphic, now when the graphics looks good. :)
    Post edited by Elmberry on
    @Kilsin any word on when we can play the game? Alpha or Beta?
    No word yet my friend, we want to get it done right, but I will let you guys know as soon as we are ready to open the doors for testing :) 
  • Charlie.CheswickCharlie.Cheswick Member UncommonPosts: 469
    Keep up the good work!

While others are dying on the vine, you guys are blossoming. 
    -Chuckles
    Keep up the good work!

While others are dying on the vine, you guys are blossoming. 
    Thanks for the kind words @Charlie.Cheswick :)
  • ScummScumm Member UncommonPosts: 78
    Another great screenshot.  I like the realistic approach you're taking to the armor and clothing, it's modest but practical.

I've noticed a pretty even mix between 1st-person and 3rd-person screenshots.  Would you say the game is being designed with one style preferred?  I remember Jeff Butler talking about EQN saying that they specifically made door frames or hallways large to accommodate the floating, 3rd-person camera.  I found that a little disappointing because I prefer the 1st-person experience. I'm hoping for the occasional claustrophobic dungeon crawling.  

Hopefully the team can find a good balance between the immersion/realism of 1st-person and the practicality of 3rd.