Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com : General : Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Sword Combat Presentation

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited August 2015 in Videos Discussion

imageMMORPG.com : General : Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Sword Combat Presentation

Free MMORPG List and MMO Games at MMORPG.com

Read the full story here

Comments

• MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    Sweet.
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    The combat sometimes looks ok and other items it looks like 2 kids playing with swords for the first time. Like at this point... Would really need to try it before I bought this one.
  • ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    Looks really good and innovative...

• DeivosDeivos Member EpicPosts: 3,692
    edited August 2015
    Looks really good and innovative...
    According to recent conversations, then this is obviously gonna fail. :p

EDIT: The video made a good point about how the gameplay differs from real life, where the combat needs to be a bit slower and moves broader in order to emphasize the combat and more so enable player reactions. The procedural animation is helpful in connecting together the core animations and utilize the many hitboxes to give the fluidity it otherwise lacks, but it still remains a bit awkward at times.

"The knowledge of the theory of logic has no tendency whatever to make men good reasoners." - Thomas B. Macaulay

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286
    Something I too would have to try before I would consider a purchase. After spending a lot of time in Chivalry, I've grown quite a dislike for medieval FPS games. There's just certain things, I don't feel translate well to gaming. Although Chivalry was extremely clunky (imo) and typically funneled everyone into the same areas which of course promoted a ton of team killing too.

The procedural system they've created is a super interesting idea, and what they have shown is pretty stunning. I could see something like this being especially cool via VR, but also very prone to generating motion sickness too.

Yet another game to keep an eye on though.
  • AlamonzoroAlamonzoro Member UncommonPosts: 120
    at what point does the game releases the cholera gas.

• holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    Looks really great.
  • Saxx0nSaxx0n PR/Brand Manager BitBox Ltd.Member UncommonPosts: 999
    It looks good for a single player game.