Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Archeage Server Merge 2015

Andel_SkaarAndel_Skaar Member UncommonPosts: 401
edited August 2015 in ArcheAge
For me there are few important issues related to the merge:

1. Economy Impact (Patrons, and moving ingame cash via Cash Shop from other characters to new servers)

2. Server Population before and after (Refusing to move, Chaos or not)

3. Moving Large properties (Whales and Compensation)

4. Another Landrush possible problems (Scarce Land possibility)

5. Same Names (Players might have to change names)

6. Inventory limitations (Many items are in chests, becouse they didn fit in inventory in the first place)

7.Other

Will players on new servers be able to impact the economy by using Apex and credits on brand new servers?Doesnt matter if they need to start from level 1 if they have unlimmited funds suplemented from other character on the same account.
(Since on one account you can own have multiple characters on servers that can be spread even on NA and EU ,so you can move cash with the ingame Cash Shop oversea.)

If  many landless players from known underpopulated servers leave, and even flexible ones pack up and transfer, what will happen to the whales that simply dont want to move if theyr land and items isnt transfered exactly as it is now.Becouse they might very well stay alone with themselves, their land, and quit once they understand there are not many left for them to interact with.

Customer is always right.For evolution to work, you need to analyse and note every type of player and their desires, if you fail to comply with their demands,  they wont invest anymore time, nor money.
This brings the question about how synthesis of players will be like after transfers and merges, and how players that transfer, players that merge, players that are on homeworld servers, and players that only want to transfer with their land intact , their desires will intersect and influence one over another, but its possible to make transfers and merges in order and ways to make it fair for most of the population, if not all but the road to that demands something other we had from Trion untill now, and those things are competence and balance.

I have an image of how the merge could function, but no one on official forums prolly appreciates my oppinion :p since i was banned there with these radical views.(Last time i wrote something economy/balance/cash shop/gameplay related, i was unfortunatelly banned permanently.)
Post edited by Andel_Skaar on

Comments

• Andel_SkaarAndel_Skaar Member UncommonPosts: 401
    There are about 3 sections of official discussion related to Merge on Archeage Forums ,each having dozens of pages. And ideas.

Our choice now is only to wait and hope Trion took all those advices into consideration.
  • rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788
    They will kill half of their playerbase on the affected servers.
    I see they try to make the game more alive by merging servers, but most players on those servers dont want that.
    If Trion is doing that to them (im lucky not on a affected server), well, i would quit the game.

So instead of having more players on those new servers (they merge 2 into 1) they will end up with a new low pop server and half the people playing the game.

No word about fixing the issues why people are leaving the game.

The Evolution will kill the game.
    There is not enuff new players that stay, due to well known issues.
    Old players will futher leave the game, due to the same well known issues.

At the moment, ArcheAge looks like the most sad story in MMORPG history.
    The best game in the whole MMORPG world ruined by greed of companies.
    It is dirty money they got, scamed from people that wanted a game and got a hostile gamble.
    I hope they will get more of that money and have a clean look in the mirror.

• OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517
    I never made it past like level 7 on this game.
    When all is said and done, more is always said than done.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited August 2015
    OhhPaigey said:
    i got up to around lvl 35. As a non subscriber i never saw ANY of the cool stuff all the subscribers say you can get in game without subbing, including proper crafting). All i experienced was another korean grinder. I do like the game, but i will not subscribe and paying in the cash shop just to stay restricted makes no sense. If they reasses their business model i would certainly play again (and happily support the game with money). Something closer to Rift would be better.

• OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517
    OhhPaigey said:
    i got up to around lvl 35. As a non subscriber i never saw ANY of the cool stuff all the subscribers say you can get in game without subbing, including proper crafting). All i experienced was another korean grinder. I do like the game, but i will not subscribe and paying in the cash shop just to stay restricted makes no sense. If they reasses their business model i would certainly play again (and happily support the game with money). Something closer to Rift would be better.
    Yeah, I put quite a lot of money into Rift. Probably near $500 LOL. And I wasn't even max level.
    When all is said and done, more is always said than done.
  • PongpingPongping Member UncommonPosts: 131
    PVE servers or a way to disable PVP 

would bring back many players.....

The PvP Nerds werent enough obviously ....

Now the game has to merge server and maybe dissapear because if financing problems....

The Solution is to give players a way to avoid PvP completly and do their PVE quests...
  • thunderclesthundercles Member UncommonPosts: 510
    And merge sounds bad so lets go with "evolution". Which its not an evolution either. The content is not changing dramatically. Population consolidation is more accurate. But that doesn't sound as cool')
  • thunderclesthundercles Member UncommonPosts: 510
    edited August 2015
    I agree that the evolution is not going to kill the game but it is definitely catering to a specific sub group, pvper. The evolution has and will continue to adversy effect the "carebear" crowd. Who are vital to pvp and the economy. Which their decline will hurt the overall game experience. The evolution is a short term fix for a game that may still be making money but declining in population. It will make things better in the short term, but im not so sure about the long term.