Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The end of Funcom

1235»

Comments

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    edited August 2015
    octa said:
    lahnmir said:
    Wow, some of you people..... You actually wish it upon somebody else to be unemployed or 'Flip burgers at Mc Donalds' with all the consequences for him/her and their family over a stupid videogame? What is wrong with you, no really, did you attent special school or something? A frigging stupid video game, are you 12?

What an asinine stance.  Videogames are a billion dollar industry.  To try and trivialize consumer fraud because of the type of product is incredibly ignorant.  Companies and their employees should be held accountable for bad business practices.  It took some years but it looks like it's finally coming around to deservedly hit Funcom. 

People paid for this game with hard earned money and what they got at launch was a skeleton of its potential. MMOs seem to get away with this constantly - Funcom more than others!  They did this with two games in a row!

Look beyond your affection and preconceptions of what videogames are and boil down the complaint to simply this:  The product we were provided at launch was not what they advertised.  

That's NOT OK!  You shouldn't be OK with it.  Stop trying to defend practices that are against your best interest!
    Consumer fraud is wrong, on all levels, I agree. However, there are distinctions to be made. You can not honestly compare videogames that do not deliver to say, the pharmaceutical industry and their false promises and medication with dangerous side effects. My point still stands, consumer fraud might be wrong but wishing others harm is pathetically childish. No where do I say I am ok with what is happening by the way. The reactions and responses here are ridiculous though, getting THAT worked up about something so unimportant is what I call ignorant. Assuming I do not know what videogames are or that I do not care about the situation is asinine, I only observed an extremely exaggerated response and that it was silly, it says nothing about my stance or knowledge about the videogame industry.

On another note, I heave NEVER gotten a product the way it was advertised. Not with food, not with cars, not with excersise programs or music, not with movies, not with ANYTHING, products NEVER exactly deliver what was promised by advertisement. That does not make it okay by any means, but please, everyone does it everywhere.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir 
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• DeasantDeasant Member UncommonPosts: 198
    lahnmir said:
    octa said:
    lahnmir said:
    Wow, some of you people..... You actually wish it upon somebody else to be unemployed or 'Flip burgers at Mc Donalds' with all the consequences for him/her and their family over a stupid videogame? What is wrong with you, no really, did you attent special school or something? A frigging stupid video game, are you 12?

What an asinine stance.  Videogames are a billion dollar industry.  To try and trivialize consumer fraud because of the type of product is incredibly ignorant.  Companies and their employees should be held accountable for bad business practices.  It took some years but it looks like it's finally coming around to deservedly hit Funcom. 

People paid for this game with hard earned money and what they got at launch was a skeleton of its potential. MMOs seem to get away with this constantly - Funcom more than others!  They did this with two games in a row!

Look beyond your affection and preconceptions of what videogames are and boil down the complaint to simply this:  The product we were provided at launch was not what they advertised.  

That's NOT OK!  You shouldn't be OK with it.  Stop trying to defend practices that are against your best interest!
    Consumer fraud is wrong, on all levels, I agree. However, there are distinctions to be made. You can not honestly compare videogames that do not deliver to say, the pharmaceutical industry and their false promises and medication with dangerous side effects. My point still stands, consumer fraud might be wrong but wishing others harm is pathetically childish. No where do I say I am ok with what is happening by the way. The reactions and responses here are ridiculous though, getting THAT worked up about something so unimportant is what I call ignorant. Assuming I do not know what videogames are or that I do not care about the situation is asinine, I only observed an extremely exaggerated response and that it was silly, it says nothing about my stance or knowledge about the videogame industry.

On another note, I heave NEVER gotten a product the way it was advertised. Not with food, not with cars, not with excersise programs or music, not with movies, not with ANYTHING, products NEVER exactly deliver what was promised by advertisement. That does not make it okay by any means, but please, everyone does it everywhere.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir 
    At least you got your profile pic spot on.
  • SuilebhainSuilebhain Member UncommonPosts: 57
    My main beef was how Funcom would not give us a PVE-RP server in AOC, then they did nothing to impede griefing, how the griefers could camp the respawn points in Cimmeria and you were no longer allowed to change instances to avoid them. Cimmeria was way too small, one valley.

• DarkcrystalDarkcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 963
    Hariken said:
    Sad Anarchy Online was my first mmo in 2000. But i'm not shocked by any of this. All their games have pockets of genius in them along with some of the most annoying combat i've ever played. It would be great if AO got picked up by someone that cares about the game. The other games i don't care about.
    MMO's are a dieing breed..... No company in there right mind would touch an MMO that is old as these... and invest millions..Sorry not going to happen...With gamers attitudes today, I would never do it...Not worth losing my money..They are never happy period....

Console and Android, IOS games have more money and less whining...
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Hariken said:
    Sad Anarchy Online was my first mmo in 2000. But i'm not shocked by any of this. All their games have pockets of genius in them along with some of the most annoying combat i've ever played. It would be great if AO got picked up by someone that cares about the game. The other games i don't care about.
    MMO's are a dieing breed..... No company in there right mind would touch an MMO that is old as these... and invest millions..Sorry not going to happen...With gamers attitudes today, I would never do it...Not worth losing my money..They are never happy period....

Console and Android, IOS games have more money and less whining...
    Cool point....but necro'ing is so 2015
  • AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    This post was last active four months ago. Closing it.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.