Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

POST NEW FORUM BUGS / ISSUES HERE

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    edited August 2015
    Kyleran said:
    In the profile section, there's badges for comments, and I received a notification that I had received a 10K comment badge (but in fact, none of the comment badges for 10K or lower are lit up on my screen, is this a bug?

Also, where's my badges for 15K and 20k :)
    OK, why does my post count keep dropping.  Before the migration, I think I had about 20,400 posts, then in the first few days after the move I dropped to about 20, 200 and today I'm down to under 20K.  Where are they going?

I know, its so you don't have to give me a 20K badge.......

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,882
    Kyleran said:
    Kyleran said:
    In the profile section, there's badges for comments, and I received a notification that I had received a 10K comment badge (but in fact, none of the comment badges for 10K or lower are lit up on my screen, is this a bug?

OK, why does my post count keep dropping.  Before the migration, I think I had about 20,400 posts, then in the first few days after the move I dropped to about 20, 200 and today I'm down to under 20K.  Where are they going?

I think they have removed some of the less used forums in order to decrease your post count and avoid giving you a 20K badge.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Vrika said:
    Kyleran said:
    Kyleran said:

I think they have removed some of the less used forums in order to decrease your post count and avoid giving you a 20K badge.
    You know I think you are correct.  The original drop probably was from posts lost from the removal of some forums, perhaps they did a round 2 yesterday so it dropped some more.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    edited August 2015
    Meddle said:
    Brenics said:
    When I go to home been getting this error last few hours.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/pHYydO3.jpg[/img]

Well that didn't come out like I wanted it too. Must be pain pills that am taking for my healing shattered knee. =)
    Linked out of the forums to the home page?
    The main home link, not the one that says home at bottom of page when reading a thread. Another words my old bookmark for the main page of this site says it is not redirecting. Hope I explained that right this time. =)

Home/ games link/ Reviews, seems like only one that works is the forums link. Unless you just aren't done and making a new front page?
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    I'd lkike to suggest changing the colors of "Help us improve the new forums! Post bugs/issues here!" 

Here's why:  The surrounding colors are dark, which makes the white contrast even more, but now you have a light blue link in the middle of it which is made even harder to read and focus on by the pre-existing contrast. In its existing state, that bar makes the section above the page fold difficult to read for some, and even painful to look at (attempting to focus on a difficult to focus color set) for others. 

I understand you want it to stand out, and this can be better achieved by putting a darker color text in that box. 

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• sunandshadowsunandshadow Member RarePosts: 1,985
    I can't keep up with reading this thread, so I apologize if this has already been suggested.  But is it possible to group notifications by thread, or limit the number of notifications for the same thread?  I had 43 notifications this morning for only 4 threads. :dizzy: 
    I want to help design and develop a PvE-focused, solo-friendly, sandpark MMO which combines crafting, monster hunting, and story.  So PM me if you are starting one.
  • KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035
    Aesthetics comment, not a bug:  Post edited in red feels like there's a negative implication to it.  I often use edit to add comments for others without bumping a thread.  Is doing so intentionally discouraged, or am I reading too much into the color choice?

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • Pratt2112Pratt2112 Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    As the title suggests.

I started to respond to a post and finally just gave up, because it looked like a solid wall of text, with the only differentiator I could reasonably use (without using obnoxious size differences), is italic.

No color options.
    The Bold function isn't working.

All in all, not sure why y'all chose this forum software. It's a downgrade, even compared to the previous software.

Hate to sound harsh, because I'm sure they work hard at it, but who ever programmed your previous forum system, and who ever programmed this new one, are not up to the task.

Why not just use one of the several available, road-tested, tried and true and actively updated/improved forum options already out there, and just re-brand it to match the site? Why reinvent the wheel?
  • Pratt2112Pratt2112 Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Okay, the bar stating to post bugs just popped up for me after I posted the message... O.o
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610
    Nanfoodle said:
    Meddle said:
    Nanfoodle said:
    I cant post on the Android app with my Samsung browser. I am stuck in a loop. Says I need to sign in, I click sign in and it takes me to the home page. I am already logged in. I click the forum and I am not logged in there, I click log in and well, thats the loop lol

EDIT: Same thing happens with Android Chrome browser.
    EDIT2: Same thing on Android Firefox.
    Can you give me a step by step including the exact links you click to make this happen?
    1. Goto mmorpg.com, shows I am logged in
    2. Click one of the top forum posts off the main page. It takes me to the forum page
    3. It shows me a button or a link depending on the app to sign in
    4. I click sign in and it takes me to the main home page mmorpg.com and shows I am logged in
    5. I click back on the forum post I want to post on and it takes me to the forum. 
    6. Again depending on the browser I see a sign in button or a link. I click sign in and
    7. I am back on the home page already logged in. 

Kinda getting no where lol

EDIT: This is on Samsung browser, Chrome and Firefox on my Note 3 5.0.0 phone
    What ever you guys did, thanks works now.
  • MeddleMeddle Administrator UncommonPosts: 758
    Nanfoodle said:
    Nanfoodle said:
    Meddle said:
    Nanfoodle said:
    I cant post on the Android app with my Samsung browser. I am stuck in a loop. Says I need to sign in, I click sign in and it takes me to the home page. I am already logged in. I click the forum and I am not logged in there, I click log in and well, thats the loop lol

EDIT: Same thing happens with Android Chrome browser.
    EDIT2: Same thing on Android Firefox.
    Can you give me a step by step including the exact links you click to make this happen?
    1. Goto mmorpg.com, shows I am logged in
    2. Click one of the top forum posts off the main page. It takes me to the forum page
    3. It shows me a button or a link depending on the app to sign in
    4. I click sign in and it takes me to the main home page mmorpg.com and shows I am logged in
    5. I click back on the forum post I want to post on and it takes me to the forum. 
    6. Again depending on the browser I see a sign in button or a link. I click sign in and
    7. I am back on the home page already logged in. 

Kinda getting no where lol

EDIT: This is on Samsung browser, Chrome and Firefox on my Note 3 5.0.0 phone
    What ever you guys did, thanks works now.
    Yup, the current forum activity now takes into account your logged in status on the site and logs you into the forums as well.

Glad to hear it's working for you!

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

• Moridin82Moridin82 Member UncommonPosts: 103
    forum cant see one mobile versjon..
  • kemono55kemono55 Member UncommonPosts: 124
    Is it possible to see the post date on a post?
    kemono55 said:
    Is it possible to see the post date on a post?
    In a Windows browser, mouse over the time and then date shows as a text pop-up.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015
    edited August 2015
    i just noticed something.. not sure if it's supposed to be like that but when i visit this page http://www.mmorpg.com/newsroom.cfm/read/35966/The-Secret-World-Issue-12-to-Bring-Several-New-Features-.html it shows where everyone that comments is from.. but when click on it in recent posts it doesn't http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/comment/6721019/#Comment_6721019

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    i just noticed something.. not sure if it's supposed to be like that but when i visit this page http://www.mmorpg.com/newsroom.cfm/read/35966/The-Secret-World-Issue-12-to-Bring-Several-New-Features-.html it shows where everyone that comments is from.. but when click on it in recent posts it doesn't http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/comment/6721019/#Comment_6721019
    Possible this issue was fixed for forum posts, but not comments. Tagging @meddle and @skywisenight ;
    I just noticed something that seems obviously missing from the forum system.

A friends list?

Am I missing something?

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    XAPKen said:

A friends list?

Am I missing something?
    Nope. Don't think Vanilla supports this. I can ask though.
  • zerocountzerocount Member UncommonPosts: 200
    Strange one.  I logged in a few minutes ago and the options at the top of page in the account details were the old ones, I checked my profile and it showed old details including stars and old location info etc.  I clicked the Home button and then the new version was there (like magic!).
    MikeB said:
    XAPKen said:

A friends list?

Am I missing something?
    Thank-you. :-)

MikeB said:
    XAPKen said:

A friends list?

Am I missing something?
    Correct.  Vanilla only supported Ignored Users

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

• zerocountzerocount Member UncommonPosts: 200
    I tend to come to mmorpg.com home page via a favourite link.  I have noticed that I am shown old profile options and settings, it shows my old rank aka stars.  I have to click various parts of page to get the home page to load my profile as the new format.
    edited August 2015
    zerocount said:
    I tend to come to mmorpg.com home page via a favourite link.  I have noticed that I am shown old profile options and settings, it shows my old rank aka stars.  I have to click various parts of page to get the home page to load my profile as the new format.
    I've removed most of the old forum settings from the main site profile page. Unfortunately the main site and the forums are two separate applications and the rank on mmo does not correspond to the rank here, location can be set separately in both systems and some other things. We are working on integrating things more tightly but there will always be some separation and overlap. 

Basically if you want to change forum options come here. For MMORPG.com settings go to the main site. 

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

• ClaiesClaies Member UncommonPosts: 76
    edited August 2015
    Meddle said:
    Kefo said:
    Meddle said:
    Kefo said:
    Internet Explorer dies a horrible horrible death if you try to open up any forum. This is on windows 10. The page will just freeze up and need to either kill the window through the taskbar by closing everything or when that fails 50% of the time then killing IE through task manager
    Is this using the new edge browser?

Actually no, just loaded up edge and it works fine. Its the run of the mill normal IE 11 that hates the forums for some reason
    Got it. We'll test that. Thanks
    In IE 11, Windows 10, clicking a forum post attempts to scroll the page to the post, and locks the browser up.  Attempts to manually scroll the page with the mouse wheel or with keyboard controls causes other tabs in IE to randomly scroll, but the forum post page is locked perpetually trying to stay scrolled to the post clicked.

I was able to verify that the page does not get stuck scrolling with mmorpg.com added to compatibility mode in IE 11, but the formatting when in compatibility mode makes the site unusable anyway.
  • ClaiesClaies Member UncommonPosts: 76
    Also, something else I just noticed; when quoting a thread from a post on a middle page (In this case, page 9 of 12), the new post appears at the bottom of the current page, but the page doesn't actually switch.  In other words, the new post appeared to be the last post on page 9, even though it is actually the last post in the thread, and is on page 12.