Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Leveling?

PuoltryPuoltry Member Posts: 956

I thought i read somewhere they last publish made it easier to level up is this true?

Want to ENJOY an mmo?

Dont start a guild and dont be a leader or volunteer to be coleader or captain.

Just play the damn game:)

Comments

• deamonizeddeamonized Member Posts: 59

Still takes 4ever to lvl up. you won't enjoy this game, unless you "enjoy grinding"

Go play WoW or Guild Wars

• VotanVotan Member UncommonPosts: 291

They have.  Green con mobs now give the same exp as white con.  There are also a lot more 2x exp mobs in the game.  They have also modified some of the mobs abilities to make it easier for solo play.

Early leveling 1-50 has gotten much easier all though the high end levels are still a challange.

See we have yet another WoW/GW fan boy trolling forums giving advice on games they do not play.

So in kind, here is some unwanted, unasked for opinion on WoWimage

If you want a boring game you will level fast and will become boring equally as fast play WoW, you will be level 60 with nothing left to do other than some meaningless pvp.  WoW was a lot of fun when it was new and shiney but once you have leveled up it loses a lot of its appeal. 

I lost interest and went back to L2 and play some GW when I only have a short amount of time to play.

• PuoltryPuoltry Member Posts: 956

Couldnt agree with you more on the WoW.

Ive always really liked L2 with its open PvP environment and was just curious as to what they had done to remain competitive.Personally i find it a rewarding game.The longterm grind is what really chased me off but if they have alleviated it somewhat i may consider returning.

I just hope thay dont give in all the way to the current marketplace and dumb it down.

Want to ENJOY an mmo?

Dont start a guild and dont be a leader or volunteer to be coleader or captain.

Just play the damn game:)

• paradymeparadyme Member Posts: 238

I'd say starting with a brand new character, no tweaking, with Novice bonuses you could easily make it from 1-25 in 35-40 hours playtime, probably 30 for an experienced player. Then after that you just hop into a guild and get the 25% xp bonus for hunting in a group of 4 and you can hit lvl 50 in about 3 months depending on how much you play. 50-75? your guess is as good as mine, but this game is geared towards those lvl's so I know I can't wait to hit those lvl's even if they are an insane grind.

Well - stupid - I've been playing LII since beta, and still play. It's an excellent game, but the truth is still. it takes forever to lvl up as it's always been. They might have lightened the gind in c3 n' all. but no where near enough to make the big difference when your lvling.

As for WoW I've never even tried it. and I'm not gonna. I don't like what they've done with the game.

GW I might buy eventually.
    I'm not a fanboy, I hope you feel dumb "you should"

Originally posted by Votan

See we have yet another WoW/GW fan boy trolling forums giving advice on games they do not play.

So in kind, here is some unwanted, unasked for opinion on WoWimage

If you want a boring game you will level fast and will become boring equally as fast play WoW, you will be level 60 with nothing left to do other than some meaningless pvp.  WoW was a lot of fun when it was new and shiney but once you have leveled up it loses a lot of its appeal. 

Originally posted by deamonized

Well - stupid - I've been playing LII since beta, and still play. It's an excellent game, but the truth is still. it takes forever to lvl up as it's always been. They might have lightened the gind in c3 n' all. but no where near enough to make the big difference when your lvling.

As for WoW I've never even tried it. and I'm not gonna. I don't like what they've done with the game.

GW I might buy eventually.
    I'm not a fanboy, I hope you feel dumb "you should"

Well then why did you not give some of actual information about some of the changes they made so he could make up his own mind.

The grind is still there but it is NO WAY even close to as bad as it was in C1 for leveling.  Early leveling is much, much easier.  The grind really starts post 60 now. 

IF you had actually provided some information and not just said still grind, go play WoW, GW you may not have come off as a fanboy.

Next time you post to answer a persons question, acutally do so.  I do not at all feel dumb, if you re-read your own post you will see it appears as a fanboy post....you should feel dumb as you seem to have taken a little more effort in replying to me calling you a fanboy, next time put this same effort in your orginal post and you will not have this problem....stupid.

Well - stupid - I've been playing LII since beta, and still play. It's an excellent game, but the truth is still. it takes forever to lvl up as it's always been. They might have lightened the gind in c3 n' all. but no where near enough to make the big difference when your lvling.
    GW I might buy eventually.I'm not a fanboy, I hope you feel dumb "you should"

LMAO who are you trying to kid? You sound like your 12 - stupid- and not fooling anyone with that lame ass cover up of you being a WoW fanboy. If you actually played this game you'd know that lvling from 1-35ish is almost the same in L2 as it is in WoW now.

But you don't know that because you are a fanboy and have nothin better to do then come to other boards and bash games you've never played just because your jaded over the fact that you wasted the last 4 months building your lvl 60 Female Dark Elf rogue and there's jack sqaut of an end game in WoW, I hope you feel dumb "YOU SHOULD"

Poultry, do not get me wrong there is still a grind at high levels.  But they have a lot more content to make it go a little faster at higher levels. 

If you get into a decent guild it is much less so, if you are going to try to solo your way to 75 the grind will much harder.  Personally I like that there is always something to do in Lineage 2.  I find the game to be a challange, unlike a lot of the games that are watering down everything to make it easy for everyone to get to max level in 30-90 days.

Good luck to you.

• PeterPainPeterPain Member Posts: 41

Personally I like that there is always something to do in Lineage 2

Interesting, all the game was to me was: login -> kill monster -> ... -> rest -> repeat for hours -> logout

And that is different how in any other game?  It may be packaged a little differently (quest, instance zones, missions, skill use) but that is all MMO's in a nutshell.

The reason I said there is always something to do meaning that is it is very hard to get to max level in L2 so there is a reason to continue log into the game.  You also have the market aspect of the game buying and selling, gathering components for your armor/weapon upgrades, if you choose to level a dragon pet, guildwars, sieges, Dusk/Dawn, arena fighting, betting on the monster races, and if you have happened to have hit level 75, you can start the hero quest and take a 2nd profession starting at lvl 40(can not have both professions active at the same time), working off red for killing someone who greifed you, or the occasional farmer.......

I have played most of the MMO's either during the beta process or live, after reaching max level there is very little reason to continue to log into the game except guildmates.  Exp on mobs, Why? More quest? for what?  Maybe log in once in awhile for a large raid but that is it.  The game becomes more of a chat program after max level.  Oh ya you can re-roll another char but that is more of the same which is basically repeating what you have just done. 

I am by no means saying L2 does not have flaws and things that I really dislike, but it is the only game that continues to challange me to get to max level and my sanity at times too. image

Originally posted by paradyme

Well - stupid - I've been playing LII since beta, and still play. It's an excellent game, but the truth is still. it takes forever to lvl up as it's always been. They might have lightened the gind in c3 n' all. but no where near enough to make the big difference when your lvling.
    GW I might buy eventually.I'm not a fanboy, I hope you feel dumb "you should"

LMAO who are you trying to kid? You sound like your 12 - stupid- and not fooling anyone with that lame ass cover up of you being a WoW fanboy. If you actually played this game you'd know that lvling from 1-35ish is almost the same in L2 as it is in WoW now.

But you don't know that because you are a fanboy and have nothin better to do then come to other boards and bash games you've never played just because your jaded over the fact that you wasted the last 4 months building your lvl 60 Female Dark Elf rogue and there's jack sqaut of an end game in WoW, I hope you feel dumb "YOU SHOULD"

Heh. It wouldn't even make a difference if I tried to reason with you, your simply to dumb to comprehend.

and..

I'd insult you further, but your to ignorant to notice.
    It's kind of sad ::::28::

Riiiiiiight, thats it...........you sure showed me!