Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gets boring too quickly in my view.

2»

Comments

• moonboundmoonbound Member UncommonPosts: 396
    edited August 2015
    simplius said:
    moonbound said:
    Guild wars 2 is now free so skyforge is not the best free mmo anymore, guild wars 2 as a free base game outweighs it in many ways so skyforge will have to up there game. It is still really close and skyforge is incredibly fun.
    GW2 is NOT free, you still have to buy a copy to play the game
    even if it was, theyre not even in the same league, GW2 is a real AAA title
    [mod edit] I said base game is free. And gw2 isnt really aaa.
    Post edited by Amana on
  • CazrielCazriel Member UncommonPosts: 419
    Pongping said:

i am 2 minor nodes from Archer and honestly i think it will be just another dissapointment... i wont be able to play him because fresh classes are just "WEAK" and useless until you have at least 50% of their class nodes...

That's really a major con.  I'm sitting at 8500 Prestige with Knight finished, Archer half done, and just opened Slayer.  Trying to play a new class, when you have no class (class, not common) sparks invested is frustrating and unfun.

Why is it frustrating?  Because Class sparks do not drop in low level content.  You have to play content  for your Prestige level to get class sparks to drop.  That means you're struggling without a whole lot of skills to do stuff aimed at a fully specced class.   Just imagine in any other MMO that you're at level cap and start a new class and the only way to advance it is to do level cap content.

This is not an exact comparison, since you do get some benefit from the Ascension Atlas and Order for your new class, but that doesn't make up for the lack of skills.

Sure, some players will not have a problem with this spike in difficulty and just pound through it, but MMOs are not about the superior player, they are about the common player.  And that's a really high barrier for a lot of players to get over. 
  • Joejc7135Joejc7135 Member UncommonPosts: 214
    These "action mmos" are god awful. Most of them are shallow and boil down to a grindier version of diablo.

Skyforge and Tera are two of the worst ones imo.

In fact I had a roll of toilet paper custom made with the TERA and Skyforge logos.

It helps me to remember not to re-install.
  • KhebelnKhebeln Member UncommonPosts: 792
    Joejc7135 said:
    These "action mmos" are god awful. Most of them are shallow and boil down to a grindier version of diablo.

In fact I had a roll of toilet paper custom made with the TERA and Skyforge logos.

Actually that what makes them fun tbh. Im bored to tears of all those wow clones and half assed sandbox games. When will we get eve online not in space?

Just because its not your type, it dont make it a bad game :)
    I spent thousands of hours in D3, PoE, Terra and in all sorts of grinding games. Bah old mmos where way grinder tbh. Everquest, Ac1, Ac2, Anarchy Online... people got to spoiled.

(Retired)- Anarchy Online/Ultima Online/DAoC/Horizonsz/EQ2/SWG/AC1&2/L2/SoR/WoW/TMO/Requiem/Atlantica Online/Manibogi/Rift+(SL)/Lol/Hon/SWTOR/Wakfu/Champions Online/GW/Lotr/CO/TcoS/Tabula Rasa/Meridian 59/Vanguard/Shadowbane/Fury/SotW/Dreamlords/HGL/RoM/DDO/FFXI/Aoc/Eve/Warhammer Online/Gw2/TSW/Tera/Defiance/STO/AoW/DE/Firefall/Darkfall/Neverwinter/PS2/ESO/FF14/Archeage/Gw2

• Asch126Asch126 Member RarePosts: 542
    Khebeln said:
    Joejc7135 said:

Actually that what makes them fun tbh. Im bored to tears of all those wow clones and half assed sandbox games. When will we get eve online not in space?

I spent thousands of hours in D3, PoE, Terra and in all sorts of grinding games. Bah old mmos where way grinder tbh. Everquest, Ac1, Ac2, Anarchy Online... people got to spoiled.
    There's a difference between "grindy but rewarding" and "grindy for the sake of expanding the game". I'm pretty sure NONE of the games you mentioned have a giant grindwall in order to even use the classes you want.
  • RictisRictis Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Khebeln said:
    Joejc7135 said:

Everquest was very grindy, however I got to play the class I wanted at level 1. I don't want to play a game for 2 months just to maybe unlock a class that I may or may not like thanks to a system that doesn't let me explore the classes until they are unlocked. I think their atlas system is just a big grind wall and lacks any real thought.
  • NordicApacheNordicApache Member UncommonPosts: 134
    I followed and played through closed beta, hoping for more. Upon the open beta/ live launch I started to fade and see the game for a pointless grind. Meh. 

On to the next game. 
  • CandyCaneNJCandyCaneNJ Member UncommonPosts: 187
    moonbound said:
    simplius said:
    moonbound said:
    Guild wars 2 is now free so skyforge is not the best free mmo anymore, guild wars 2 as a free base game outweighs it in many ways so skyforge will have to up there game. It is still really close and skyforge is incredibly fun.
    GW2 is NOT free, you still have to buy a copy to play the game
    even if it was, theyre not even in the same league, GW2 is a real AAA title
    [mod edit] I said base game is free. And gw2 isnt really aaa.
    GW2 is AAA+ in my lil opinion. I haven't touched any other game since it's core game went F2P. I purchased it since I liked what I experienced and tested all classes. 
  • BaitnessBaitness Member UncommonPosts: 668
    Asch126 said:
    Khebeln said:
    Joejc7135 said:

There's a difference between "grindy but rewarding" and "grindy for the sake of expanding the game". I'm pretty sure NONE of the games you mentioned have a giant grindwall in order to even use the classes you want.
    The grindwall that you are talking about seems so insignificant... there are only three classes for me left to unlock, I have never even come close to hitting spark cap (have about 20k left atm), and I am only about 18k prestige.  Traversing the atlas is much faster than it looks, give it another go.
  • ThompsonSubThompsonSub Member UncommonPosts: 147
    Cazriel said:
    Pongping said:

i am 2 minor nodes from Archer and honestly i think it will be just another dissapointment... i wont be able to play him because fresh classes are just "WEAK" and useless until you have at least 50% of their class nodes...

That's really a major con.  I'm sitting at 8500 Prestige with Knight finished, Archer half done, and just opened Slayer.  Trying to play a new class, when you have no class (class, not common) sparks invested is frustrating and unfun.

Why is it frustrating?  Because Class sparks do not drop in low level content.  You have to play content  for your Prestige level to get class sparks to drop.  That means you're struggling without a whole lot of skills to do stuff aimed at a fully specced class.   Just imagine in any other MMO that you're at level cap and start a new class and the only way to advance it is to do level cap content.

This is not an exact comparison, since you do get some benefit from the Ascension Atlas and Order for your new class, but that doesn't make up for the lack of skills.

Sure, some players will not have a problem with this spike in difficulty and just pound through it, but MMOs are not about the superior player, they are about the common player.  And that's a really high barrier for a lot of players to get over. 
    You are wrong about class sparks.

Even if the mission is on "Very Easy" difficulty you will get class sparks from the bosses, mini bosses (X4 health bars) and from mobs above the trash level.

If you need class sparks and you are below 40K prestige you can run the first boss on Kyris or Port Naori over and over and over again and you get class sparks every time until you max...

• ThompsonSubThompsonSub Member UncommonPosts: 147
    LOL, you think the grind is bad wait until you hit Divine Form...

I'm at 43K, which is not really high at all, and almost can't stand to log in any more.

If you are in a close group of friends the grind is tolerable for a while but if you solo/pug it becomes soul breaking.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    @the op

That is pretty much exactly how i feel about the game.The only difference is i know exactly what looks like a Triple A game and what doesn't,make no mistake this is a budget game not a triple A game.

There are only a handful of actual triple A mmorpg's in the market and even within those they cut a LOT of corners,so in reality NONE are triple A but some do come close.

To define a game triple A means it is using the top of the line technical and possible game ideas and design.You don't take an idea and go half way or half assed and call it a triple A effort because it is not.

The truth is developers are not running a great game making shop they are running a "Business",one that is all about making money with a high profit to loss ratio.

One of the worst things that can happen to a game is HYPE.The more early hype the more indicators the developer receives to push the game out faster, long before it should.

MOST of this entire business is FAKE,everything from "listening to the players" to Alpha/Beta testing" to Early access it is all a fake gimmick to make excuses for bad,unfinished work.Then to push all that FAKE business onto the unsuspecting gamer they use the media and gaming websites that also profit from the same business.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.