Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WOW F2P with paid monthly updates.

13»

Comments

• sayuusayuu Member RarePosts: 766
    Originally posted by danwest58
    Originally posted by sayuu
    Originally posted by hockeyplayr
    Originally posted by Nephelai

Originally we got many zones, 60 levels and lots of interesting features. Dugeons with blue sets and a couple of raids.

All which lasted a decent amount of time.

Today we get 10 levels of story we work thru in 3 days and 12 months of pathetic content (pet battles, garrions, dailies, rep grinds, etc.) to re-grind thru.

That's the problem.

If its a cost issue I just wish they would charge us more - I'd rather pay more for engaging entertainment than pay peanuts to sync my life away.

Just like I pay $20 (inc food, drinks etc.) to see a new movie each week I'd easily pay the same for a MMO that gave me the same entertainment.

We, as adults may, but you have to take into consideration all the kids playing with their parents money.  I know when I was younger and WoW was new I couldn't get my parents to give me $15 a month for a sub but they were more than willing to pay the $5 a month for Runescape, so that is the game i ended up playing..

That is your own fault for not having $15 a month for a sub game.  When I was 16 back in 1996 I cut grass to be able to by myself a 4 wheeler that was around $500.  When I was 18, I had a job and I could afford my own computer, my own internet, my car insurance and 2 UO subscriptions.  So No just because kids are lazy and they expect their parents to give them money for everything they want does not mean that games should screw up their game just for lazy people.  Sorry but no.  Learn to make money and quit crying about it.  Hell when I was 13 I also cut grass and made $200 in a month to buy myself a new bike.  

I am tired of people like you making excuses for everyone.  

when I was 4 I wrote a Opera, when I was 8 I wrote a Symphony, by age 10 I  successfully split the atom, at age 12 I directed the Moon Landing Hoax that people still believe is true, at age 15 I invented Al Gore, now in my 19th year I am working on Slaying the beast known as World of Warcraft.

I am also the king of Nigeria and have given trillions of dollars to random people over the internet.

But you're right, $200 for a bike is a much bigger accomplishment . . .

plays violin.  Sorry that you disagree, however I have no sympathy for anyone who cannot make money to support their hobby.  Its no one else's responsibility just your own.  I wrote what I was able to do to prove that some KID does not have to HOPE for their parents to give them money for what they want to do in life.  They need to EARN it and people like you don't get it or never will get it.  Just like my step daughter earns an allowance.  If she does her chores she gets paid, if not well she does not.  If she does not have money for the Movies one night and she wants to go with her friends you know what happens?  She don't go if she didn't earn the money from her chores.  Some of you will say I am a bad parent because I make my kid earn their way, guess what when she is 25 she will not be expecting mommy and daddy to pay for her bills when she is out on her own.  

So no  hockeyplayr's complaint, or sob story is just that, not him being UNABLE to get the money, its that he expected Mommy And Daddy Handouts instead of finding a way to earn his keep. 

for one you don't know his/her situation. . .

for all you know his parents might forbid him from working because they want him to focus on other things. . .

but no instead of thinking logically  you gotta come in here foaming at the mouth flinging insults and listing all your "accomplishments" like it totally means anything to anyone. . . 

P.S. are you a sweatshop manager in real life? as you seem to be pro child-labor. . .

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    Children should work...teach the about life and how not to be leeches
  • RhinotonesRhinotones Member UncommonPosts: 250
    Originally posted by hockeyplayr
    Originally posted by Nephelai

Originally we got many zones, 60 levels and lots of interesting features. Dugeons with blue sets and a couple of raids.

All which lasted a decent amount of time.

Today we get 10 levels of story we work thru in 3 days and 12 months of pathetic content (pet battles, garrions, dailies, rep grinds, etc.) to re-grind thru.

That's the problem.

If its a cost issue I just wish they would charge us more - I'd rather pay more for engaging entertainment than pay peanuts to sync my life away.

Just like I pay $20 (inc food, drinks etc.) to see a new movie each week I'd easily pay the same for a MMO that gave me the same entertainment.

We, as adults may, but you have to take into consideration all the kids playing with their parents money.  I know when I was younger and WoW was new I couldn't get my parents to give me $15 a month for a sub but they were more than willing to pay the $5 a month for Runescape, so that is the game i ended up playing..

That is your own fault for not having $15 a month for a sub game.  When I was 16 back in 1996 I cut grass to be able to by myself a 4 wheeler that was around $500.  When I was 18, I had a job and I could afford my own computer, my own internet, my car insurance and 2 UO subscriptions.  So No just because kids are lazy and they expect their parents to give them money for everything they want does not mean that games should screw up their game just for lazy people.  Sorry but no.  Learn to make money and quit crying about it.  Hell when I was 13 I also cut grass and made $200 in a month to buy myself a new bike.  

I am tired of people like you making excuses for everyone.  

How many lawns were you cutting a week? Back in 1993 $50/weekend is a quite a bit for a 13yr lad to make.