Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Broken my leg and bored out of my mind!

TaishiFoxTaishiFox Member RarePosts: 999
As the title says I've recently broken my leg and still got 4 weeks to recover so I'm pretty much bored out of my mind being stuck in all day and don't know what to play on so I'm open to suggestions be it P2P, B2P, F2P or hell even hybrids with cash shops.  Though I've played a crap load of MMOs already and probably heard most of the games you guys would suggest like a dozen times now I'd like to know what you guys really think is the game worth playing.

imageimage

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I broke 2 bones in my back two years ago and went through the same boredom.I can't remember what i was playing because i know i was not playing FFXI.I think perhaps i was playing some EQ2.

I really cannot suggest anything right now,i had a recent heart attack and am dying to find something of interest but everything is just cheap budget gaming.

What i have been playing a lot of lately is Hearthstone,the added Tavern Brawl although was crap this last week is usually pretty fun and a nice addition to the game.

I often go to Twitch.Tv to see what is trending but nothing good at all there,Moba's, Counterstrike and usually a pile of junk games.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

Nothing like running player created missions in Neverwinter. 

Also if you have not played it they have a 2xEXP week now so you get level:d up properly quick. 

This have been a good conversation

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Originally posted by TaishiFox

As the title says I've recently broken my leg and still got 4 weeks to recover so I'm pretty much bored out of my mind being stuck in all day and don't know what to play on so I'm open to suggestions be it P2P, B2P, F2P or hell even hybrids with cash shops.  Though I've played a crap load of MMOs already and probably heard most of the games you guys would suggest like a dozen times now I'd like to know what you guys really think is the game worth playing.

You should never be bored. How about learning new skills on youtube? You have lots of free learning on line like udacity. Take the 4 weeks to improve yourself rather than play video games.
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786

I have been playing and enjoying Defiance.  It is a nice game for PVE non-tab targeting.  If you are not burn out on tab targeting there should a game that you can find.

Just look here:

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

• Elevenb4Elevenb4 Member UncommonPosts: 362

Been playing a lot of Skyforge lately. Its really fun. The onyl thing I don't like about it how how the class system works to be honest. I know a lot of people don't like how the missions grind works, but it doesn't bother me. There are times when grinding like this is relaxing for me. 

SWTOR and EQ2 are the others I've been playing this past few months. 

Also, I can relate to you situation a bit. Back in 2008 I was hit by a car on my motorcycle, and I went from an avid outdoors man/20mile a week runner/etc to sitting around. The boredom about drove me crazy. I was bed ridden for a year before I started working on crutches and all that. I'm not trying to "one-up" you or anything other than to say, yes it sucks, bad. 

I feel for yah, I wish you a speedy recovery .

-Unconstitutional laws aren't laws.-

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Sounds like a good time to try Witcher 3 tbh image
  • JustwantfreecodeJustwantfreecode Member CommonPosts: 2
    I'm just here for free code.
  • Skooma2Skooma2 Member UncommonPosts: 697

LotRO:  F2P + cash shop

TSW: B2P

ESO: B2P

Skyrim:  B2P + mods (on PC)

Hedonismbot: Your latest performance was as delectable as dipping my bottom over and over into a bath of the silkiest oils and creams.

• BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    LOL I broke my knee (shattered part of it) July 4th and have been going from WoW to LOTRO, to SWTOR and ESOTU. Bored with all of them really. Been deciding if I should try FFXIV. With at least 3 more weeks to go and then rehab I must say it is hard to hang on to any of the MMO's to date.
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

• BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,768

Looking at your game list I imagine playing another one would only serve to intensify your boredom.

Try a book.  Or anything but a game.

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

• TaishiFoxTaishiFox Member RarePosts: 999
    Originally posted by Boneserino

Looking at your game list I imagine playing another one would only serve to intensify your boredom.

I said despite my list and fyi I'm not looking for alternative advice so no more comments like this to the rest of you please.

Originally posted by Brenics
    LOL I broke my knee (shattered part of it) July 4th and have been going from WoW to LOTRO, to SWTOR and ESOTU. Bored with all of them really. Been deciding if I should try FFXIV. With at least 3 more weeks to go and then rehab I must say it is hard to hang on to any of the MMO's to date.
    yeah, tell me about it, I fractured my knee and broke a bone in my thigh, got 4 weeks left and no doubt rehab also.

imageimage

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519
    Check out "Victor Vran" on steam, it's b2p and quite good.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• markh777markh777 Member UncommonPosts: 150

Grim Dawn

• GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893

Warframe

I haven't played it yet,  but I am currently downloading it because I too am bored .

After searching for ages for a game worth playing I saw a few player reviews and these guys have played over 1000 hrs so one must have to think it is probably worth checking out .

Victor Vran sounded interesting but has a few flaws .

If warframe fails to do it then Im basically waiting for games like

Sword Coast Legends

Fall Out 4

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Hmm, you seems to have played any good MMO I could recommend but maybe you would consider a regular multiplayer game instead?

I recommend Age of wonders 3.

Multiplayer up to 12 or so players you can use the game lobby and play with strangers but it is way more fun with friends).

It is not entirely unlike Heroes of might and magic but with a far better combat system and no stacks. You control a main hero and (not a must but good) some hired in ones as well. Leveling mechanics and regular troops also becomes better with experience.

Usually you fight for control of town, do dungeons and quests. Build up your town and research new skills, specific troops and spells.

And you can played allied against the computer players if you prefer that to PvP, either from start or with diplomacy.

Combat is pretty varied and heroes can gain attacks both from skills and gear, several players can be in the same combat as well, I think it is up to 6 but I never been in one with more than 4 myself. It even have crafting.

The only drawback is really that it takes time to play but since you have plenty of it it is a great choice, if you like turned based games that is.

• BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,768

I said despite my list and fyi I'm not looking for alternative advice so no more comments like this to the rest of you please.

yeah, tell me about it, I fractured my knee and broke a bone in my thigh, got 4 weeks left and no doubt rehab also.

Shouldn't you be telling us what to play?  You seem to be the expert here. 

I will toss out Red Dead Redemption for some good sandbox fun.   Its actually a game I have to get back to.  I was finding it more fun than Skyrim.   GTA V also if you like even more mayhem in your game.  Brothers was a short but well done game.  you could probably play it in one night, two at the most but certainly worth it.

I don't think there is much to suggest on the MMO front, you seem to have that covered.

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

• MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786

Defiance is FTP, not on the list, and has been suggested. 

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

• TheutusTheutus Member UncommonPosts: 636
    Evolve is a fun game.
    CK II is also a winner.
    Neither are a mmo though, so you're sol if that's what you're limiting yourself to.
    Eh, decided to go back to FFXIV.  Will probably juggle between that and ESO and perhaps Neverwinter so I don't get bored of playing just one game all the time.  Thanks for the suggestions though I was hoping for more to get an average opinion on what people on here prefer as an MMO.

imageimage

[mod edit]

imageimage