Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EQ vs. DAoC

2»

Comments

• JhikanJhikan Member Posts: 26

Originally posted by Sensei_Kaels

Sorry I forgot to say this on the other post, but rvr in DAOC is all what its hyped (if at all) up to be. RVR is long rang casters/stealthers...and ZERGS! Zergs are horrible, if you dont know what I mean, heres an example.
    say you have a party of 8, and your doing good whakcing off stealthers here and there and a possibel group inbetween, but then all of the groups leave...and ya dont see em anymore..thats when the zerg comes. They bring like 6 groups (48 people) and wipe you out. Thats not rvr, its no contest. Thats why most people in DAOC, like myself, prefer the battlegrounds (BG1,2,3) to real RVR because there arent zergs in bg's

I so agree with you, the real RvR in DaoC is terrible, The battle grounds are fun but few people want to get the money to buy battering rams to take the keeps.  Also there are long periods of time where there will only be 2 or 3 people from your realm in the BG at a time.  DAoc did will with it's PvP but i believe there are better ways.

-----------------------------------------

Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk, ash burzum-ishi krimbatul.

-----------------------------------------

Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk, ash burzum-ishi krimbatul.

• ShelkShelk Member UncommonPosts: 66

"Depends what you mean lose-lose."

"MMRPG are a matter of chioce."

Umm Herc, thats why i said IMO (in my opinion) the choice between DAoC and EQ is a lose - lose decision.  I would not choose to play either game.  My reasoning? I can't stand any level treadmill class restrictive low gameplay joke dueling PvP bullsh*t designed games anymore.

Shelk

• TheoTheo Member Posts: 242

I disagree that the original EQ will be dead in a year. Most players have said they're unwilling to abandon their characters for a newer game, meaning SOE will be milking subsicription fees out of them far into the foreseeable future. Until the attrition rate makes it financially unreasonable to continue, EQ will survive.

I also disagree that EQ isn't fun at the lower levels or is unfriendly to beginners. At lower levels it's easy to get XP and every item you acquire is better than what you've already got. Progress comes quickly and these days there's less competition for  lower level mobs, camps and items. It all depends on what you're after. If being uber is all that matters to you, you're gonna want to pair up with a high level buddy who can powerlevel you. If you enjoy working through the challenges of every level, I'd say EQ is better than ever.

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460

EQII will move a LOT of people form eq

except for those guys with 237423847k and 15 level 65's

but they...eventually will move.

most people will move in the first month of release

because when u get the game when it just comes out..... then you are witht he whole game

you are not a low level

and u may even be a high level

and EVERYONE is a n00b, so no one can pick on you

though there is a negative to that....

when your a n00b, and so is everyone else in the game...there is no one that can help you except the GM's..

but the GM's hands are full with others....

so there are positives and negatives to both sides.... u just cant help it

I've seen a handful of marketing surveys that disagree with that Murt. At least half the people currently playing EQ feel they've invested too much time into their characters to abandon them and start a new game. Now, they may start playing EQ2 as well, but it'll be a while before they stop paying subscription fees to EQ1. I think that game's gonna go on for a couple more years.

• Clever_GloveClever_Glove Member Posts: 996

And good news you don't have to choose between EQ1 and EQ2, just buy the Sony all access pass.

I tend to think about 50% of players will leave EQ1 for EQ2, the others will never leave EQ1, and will never play another a MMORPG. EQ1 will be around long after EQ3 has come out.

-=-=-=-=-
    A game is only late untill it's released, but it's bad forever.
    A: 93% E: 55% S:3% K: 50%

Games and players have a type. What type are you? click here

-=-=-=-=-
    Achievers realise that killers as a concept are necessary in order to make achievement meaningful and worthwhile (there being no way to "lose" the game if any fool can "win" just by plodding slowly unchallenged). -bartle

Bartle: A: 93% E: 55% S:3% K: 50% The Test. Learn what it means here.

Sony's All Access Pass is a great idea, but it doesn't include SWG does it? Seems like if it's ALL ACCESS it should, unless of course I'm mistaken about the publisher of SWG...

• digitydarkmandigitydarkman Member Posts: 2,194
    i dont know why you would want SWG anyway

Death Is Only The First Phase Of My Wrath...

I'm not sure that I do, but if it was included in an All Access Pass I might be inclined to try it.

Lucas Arts contacted VI to make SWG... its not  a sony game. But it's considered a VI game...

just like a Square is a rectangle but a rectangle is not a square

-=-=-=-=-

-=-=-=-=-
    Achievers realise that killers as a concept are necessary in order to make achievement meaningful and worthwhile (there being no way to "lose" the game if any fool can "win" just by plodding slowly unchallenged). -bartle

• BuMnAcHaIrBuMnAcHaIr Member Posts: 77

all access pass really is a good idea, 20 some odd dollars for PlanetSide, EQ, their other smaller games and eq2 when it comes out.

I plan on buying it but not till EQ2 comes out, that way i get eq1 + 2 for low price and the possibility of playing planet side if i get bored. imageimage

One kick in the face is better then two.

One kick in the face is better then two.

Originally posted by Clever_Glove

just buy the Sony all access pass.

-=-=-=-=-

But see here...the pass is what...

20 bucks?

and are you really going to be playing 4 mmo's all at the same time?

That's what I figure too...I'll only play one at a time. MAYBE I'd play two if there were two very compelling games of different genres on the market. But even that's unlikely with the amount of time that goes into a MMOG.

yea really..

i mean an MMO is about devotion

u cant split ur time up between 4...its just...

not rightimage

• BrazorBrazor Member Posts: 65
    I pitty the fool who wastes that much time!

• rathmarathma Member UncommonPosts: 3,786
     Which game is easier to get good in, EQ or DAoC? I'd really enjoy DAoC with the RvR but i'm not sure if i could get a high enough level to participate.

http://www.OriginNow.com - Official Fanboi

EverQuest II : Level 20 Paladin - Antonia Bayle Server
  • FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870
    Unless you are hardcore and spend at least 6 hours a day in DAoC you probably wont get to RvR for awhile. I took my 18 Enchanter on an RvR battle but i was totally useless i was only there to check it out and have a gander. EQ is easier to level in i think having played both.

You can start at level 15 in BG0. It's not RvR but it is PvP... and can be fun.

-=-=-=-=-

-=-=-=-=-