Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A first look

delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

It's been years.  I miss EQ2 and I miss old school.

Everquest 2 has always had a certain charm to it, but at the same time it's always been a screwy jumbled up mess.  Sure, it's an older game during a time when mmos were still in their infancy.  So at the time screwy was acceptable.  However around release EQ2 was in a battle for first with World of Warcraft and World of Warcraft obviously excelled.  Why ?  Because it was simply the butter built game, from coding, zoning, graphics and simple UI.

However EQ2 had it's following despite all this because it was a likable game in it's own way, with lots of differences where if you hated WoW for what ever reasons, you could like EQ2.

After playing Vanilla WoW for several months, I decided to give EQ2 a try just to mix things up and get a different prospective in what the market had to offer.

Right off, from the first second the game had it's problems with coding and figuring out the quirky UI, but still it had an odd potential that allowed me to continue for several months, overlooking a lot.....I did have fun !

Today, now being 2015 with a lack of hard games to play, I decided to take advantage of some nostalgia with the new PvE TLServer.  It's all coming back.  All the screwy, glitches, overly complicated UI......It's all their, it never went away, Possibly worse. Worse as in how ?

Well, the zones are small as they always were.  Constantly zoning from place to place, but now its a MEGA SERVER, I DID NOT KNOW THAT !  This time around I foresee a much larger learning curve working with a community.  I'm still a low level in a low level zone.  So I have Queen's Colony 1,2,3,4,5  to play with others.

I was level 3 for a long time last night working out the quirky UI, and the entire time saying where is everyone ?.....Not a single player !.....Well, that's when I started investigating and found mirror copies to contend with along with a lot of zoning.  Not much fun, all the expert veterans will be having fun and I'll be struggling trying to play with them.

Now with all this, Ill say the graphics seem better, not great but better.......I'm getting my nostalgia in and the game has a nice charm to make it worth playing.....I'm just surprised the game HASENT EVOLVED AT ALL !

Still, having fun anyway :)

Comments

• isslingissling Member UncommonPosts: 162

I every once in awhile will download the game and marvel at all the different class's and races:) And that is where it ends, once you zone in you are dumped into an area that has quest npc's two feet away and you collect five gather quests and then walk ten feet and kill ten of what ever.

I sorta remember a real starting city like the Dark Elfs and such when the game first came out, but after twenty minutes of truly mindless numbing gathering quests, I delete the game and move on again. It just doesn't feel like a world to me.

I am not hating on the game, it is just not my cup of tea. The game does seem to have a cult following and good for them.