Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Campaigns not persistent and Eternal Kingdoms consensual PvP

CyberWizCyberWiz Member UncommonPosts: 950

Just making sure I get this right, so please correct me if I am wrong.

The Campaigns are temporary PvP zones which are bigger and last longer than a regular PvP instance, but reset nonetheless after 1 to 6 months. So the PvP is not persistent but like Warhammer Online and Guild Wars 2 it gets reset periodically.

The Campaigns are not tied to a server or a fixed Eternal Kingdom, like the RvR frontier in DAoC but separate like the Campaigns in Elder Scrolls Online.

The Eternal Kingdoms are about empire building and crafting. The Monarch can switch PvP on or off inside the Kingdom. You can not invade enemy kingdoms and capture or destroy structures.

Are there any more sandboxy features like empire building and crafting?

I read a lot of "Game of Thrones meets Eve Online", but I find many important features missing, like large scale persistant PvP. A single world and a single server, a persistant world, ... , and will the crafting and economy be as expansive as in Eve Online or SWG?

If you are interested in subscription or PCU numbers for MMORPG's, check out my site :
http://mmodata.blogspot.be/
Favorite MMORPG's : DAoC pre ToA-NF, SWG Pre CU-NGE, EVE Online

Comments

• AlleinAllein Member RarePosts: 2,103

Correct for the most part.

Also have another tag line "It's like the unholy love child of GOT, Walking Dead, and EVE."

They've said they aren't the best choices, but nothing really out there like CF and they need something to get people to take a look.

It will have elements of all three be it superficially or rather similar depending how you look at it.

Could also compare to SWG, UO, MOBAs, RTS, and many other genres, games, and features they have. Overall, CF is farily unique in the combo of them.

Campaigns are THE game. Various rulesets with varying risk vs reward and time periods. Pick one you like, win/lose, do it again.

If you win or have the itch, EKs are very large scale player housing where you can bring your spoils back to build up a "kingdom" which can offer perks that influence Campaign performance.

Crafting is supposed to be a full time gig and pretty in depth. Hence why they have Koster working with them. Will it be as "good" as SWG or EVE? Unknown, but they seem serious about it.

They've said that they are open to quite a lot, beyond making another WoW clone. If enough folks want a much longer campaign, they could try to work it. Which seems to have brought about a tournament style ruleset. Allowing the same folks to continue together over a longer time with higher risk/reward with a ultimate victor.

Overall though, the idea is more of a lobby like experience instead of the static stale situation persistent games almost always run into. As time based PVP games dominate these days (MOBA, RTS, CCG, FPS, Arenas/Battlegrounds) makes a lot of sense.

• vadio123vadio123 Member UncommonPosts: 593

indeed its atm bit confused concept

but still far far way for any release (end 2016) 

in this case  better keep hypetrain = null its health for everyone (player , company)

• zymurgeistzymurgeist Member RarePosts: 5,484

There may not be PvP in the EK. It's one of those things in flux at the moment.

"We have met the enemy and he is us." ~Pogo Possum. 

Originally posted by zymurgeist

There may not be PvP in the EK. It's one of those things in flux at the moment.

Source? Must of missed that. Last I knew it was up to the Monarch.

• MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,281

Basicly its a PVP/PVE campaign that runs for several months, the reward your kingdom gets you can expand your kingdoms territory ( buy tetris blocks) those block contains crafting mats locations and building plots and you can buy/upgrade buildings in your main city with those rewards you get.

Every PVP/PVE campaign map are randomized so you dont have a clue how the map will look like.

In those campaign there are also plenty of PVE to be had such dungeons, ruins, mobs, bosses ect all the things you would expect in a PVE game.

This is how I see it.

Originally posted by Maurgrim

Basicly its a PVP/PVE campaign that runs for several months, the reward your kingdom gets you can expand your kingdoms territory ( buy tetris blocks) those block contains crafting mats locations and building plots and you can buy/upgrade buildings in your main city with those rewards you get.

Every PVP/PVE campaign map are randomized so you dont have a clue how the map will look like.

In those campaign there are also plenty of PVE to be had such dungeons, ruins, mobs, bosses ect all the things you would expect in a PVE game.

This is how I see it.

Not at all.

There will be "PVE" but it is being designed to be more of an extra layer of danger (they use the Walking Dead as an example) and not what people do.

Going out to "raid" or farm mobs shouldn't be a thing.

Not sure where you are getting dungeons/bosses from.

Will be varying types of mobs, but not what I'm assuming the majority of us consider the norm for a "PVE game."

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001
    OP, the campaigns are not infinitely persistent because in most cases where such persistence exists, the action dilutes eventually into a few large clans/guilds holding most of the valuable space. No new guilds can attempt to wrest control of them, and the large guilds themselves are generally in a stalemate situation.

Also keep in mind the campaign worlds will be procedurally generated, so every world will be unique every time.