Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft Expansion Leak?

MMObroMMObro Member UncommonPosts: 97

Thoughts?

Link: http://arcadesushi.com/world-of-warcraft-sixth-expansion-announced/

Zul and Azshara are the main villains.

After the last defeat Zul has asked Rastakhan for more support, but Rastakhan has lost the confidence in Zul and refuses support. In a big coup, Zul has Rastakhan assassinated and assumes control of the Zandalari.

The Zandalari trolls ally with the naga, whose goal it is to flood the continents and raise the ocean level.

The big focus of the expansion will be on night elves and trolls, with Malfurion and Vol'jin being the main heroes.

This is Vo'jin's big opportunity to prove himself as the warchief of the Horde.

A big emphasis will be on Vol'jin's loyalty to the Horde, despite the opportunity to be part of a newly risen troll empire. His story will be about resisting the temptation to join the Zandalari and stay with his family.

This is the South Seas expansion that so many players want.

New class will be Shadowstalker.

Trolls, Blood Elves, Orcs, Goblins, Forsaken, Humans, Dwarves, Worgen, Night Elves and Gnomes will be able to be this class.

The class will be a ranged class that uses bows, crossbows and guns, and it will have a heavier focus on magic attacks.

Specs are Dark Ranger, Spirit Mending and Shadow Hunter. Dark Ranger and Shadow Hunter are dps specs and Spirit Mending is a healing spec.

New Shadowstalkers will start at level 1, but players who buy The Dark Prophet will be able to create 1 Shadowstalker character at level 100.

New levelcap will be 110.

The expansion will have 8 zones.

The Valarian Depths, Zandalar, Kul Tiras, Kezan, Tel'Abim, Plunder Isle, The Rift and Broken Isles.

The two starting zones will be The Valarian Depths and Zandalar.

The Valarian Depths are an underwater zone with naga, similar to Vashj'ir, but smaller. It serves as the intro to the storyline revolving around the naga. The story in this zone deals with Ozumat and the kidnapped Neptulon.

Zandalar used to be the capital of the Zandalari, before it was destroyed in the Cataclysm. This zone is completely ruined. Players will get here and figure out what happened to the trolls, and what they are up to.

After the starting zone players in each zone will board a ship that will lead them to either Kul Tiras for the Alliance or Kezan for the Horde. These zones will serve as the capitals for the factions, Players will get their own ship here, which they will use to travel around the islands. Around the capitals there will also be some questing.

Tel'Abim is a tropical paradise. A group of peaceful trolls, the Sunspear tribe, live here. The zone is mostly light-hearted. Players have to help the Sunspear tribe against a new pygmy-like race that is giving them trouble.

Plunder Isle is a pirate island. Here people can recruit pirates for their crew.

The Rift will be the first of two endgame zones. Here lies the naga city of Nazjatar.

The Broken Isles are a group of islands, and it is the second endgame zone, that is overrun by a mix of troll and naga forces. Here the naga and trolls are going through the ruins of the Tomb of Sargeras in search for powerful artifacts. The Tomb of Sargeras will be a dungeon.

Players will not only be able to travel with their ship from island to island, but also be able to explore the open seas and hidden islands. They will be able to recruit a crew of pirates. Depending on what pirates you pick, they will contribute in different ways to your ship. For example you can get a cook for your ship, which will unlock exclusive cooking recipes and who will be able to cook for you. Other pirates might contribute with different abilities, like professions or as a barber on your ship, or by offering rare quests.

Blizzard returns to creating multiple dungeons per zone. Expect about 2-3 dungeons in most zones. 

Nothing has been confirmed other than Blizzard announcing they are going to reveal the next expansion at Gamescom 2015. Nevertheless, I'd like to get one thing off my chest: I hate WoW's Troll content and I hate the Naga. Warcraft has done Troll-based zones, dungeons and raids to death over the past decade. Likewise, the Vashj'ir zone killed any interest I have in anymore Naga or aquatic-themed adventuring. I just hope these leaks prove to be wrong (but they weren't wrong about Warlords back in 2013). While we're on the topic of possible expansions, VG247 reports that Blizzard has allegedly trademarked the name Council of Glades.

Read More: World of Warcraft Expansion Announced, Synopsis Leaked | http://arcadesushi.com/world-of-warcraft-sixth-expansion-announced/?trackback=tsmclip

Visit Us at World of Warcraft Expansion Announced, Synopsis Leaked

Comments

• AutorockAutorock Member UncommonPosts: 48

This supposed leak happened earlier this week. However the vast majority of it was pretty much taken from one of Nobbel's videos where he hypothesizes about 3 potential expansion themes. To be honest while I wouldn't be surprised to see Azshara at some point in some form again, a lot of things in this leak just plain don't make any sense. I wouldn't read much into it.

• YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094

Supposedly, the leak was from someone with the same name (online alias) as the person who gave details of the WoD expansion a month before Blizzcon (as implied in the op).

Though there's no confirmation that it's the same person.

Much of the information is from one of Nobbel's videos of speculation as was said by autorock above.  Though he was speculating on the three possible expansions he sees.  So, lore wise at least, it is not surprising if the two are the same.

If I had to speculate on a new class, I'd say Warden.  Mainly because they have been putting so much emphasis on them the past few expansions and teaching us their lore.  They even had a Warden Hero stand next to the other class heroes before we invaded AU Draenor at the start of the expansion.

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • AutorockAutorock Member UncommonPosts: 48
    Originally posted by Yaevindusk

Supposedly, the leak was from someone with the same name (online alias) as the person who gave details of the WoD expansion a month before Blizzcon (as implied in the op).

Much of the information is from one of Nobbel's videos of speculation as was said by autorock above.  Though he was speculating on the three possible expansions he sees.  So, lore wise at least, it is not surprising if the two are the same.

If I had to speculate on a new class, I'd say Warden.  Mainly because they have been putting so much emphasis on them the past few expansions and teaching us their lore.  They even had a Warden Hero stand next to the other class heroes before we invaded AU Draenor at the start of the current expansion.

I think you may be on to something there. Warden makes far more sense than "Shadowstalker" (which having a dark ranger spec seems too far fetched in itself).  We can also safely assume it's a mail wearing class and hopefully uses a combination of melee and ranged attacks, which seems perfect for a Warden class.

Originally posted by Autorock
    Originally posted by Yaevindusk

If I had to speculate on a new class, I'd say Warden.  Mainly because they have been putting so much emphasis on them the past few expansions and teaching us their lore.  They even had a Warden Hero stand next to the other class heroes before we invaded AU Draenor at the start of the current expansion.

I think you may be on to something there. Warden makes far more sense than "Shadowstalker" (which having a dark ranger spec seems too far fetched in itself).  We can also safely assume it's a mail wearing class and hopefully uses a combination of melee and ranged attacks, which seems perfect for a Warden class.

It could also tie in well with any potential return of Illidan and or the Burning Legion.  Perhaps even the Naga, given the lore.  Maeiv Shadowsong (sp?) would be given reason to return, as well.

Would be interesting if the specs were something like:  Shadowstalker (melee), Dark Ranger (to give credit to the rumors in some way; ranged) and Jailer.

Jailer could be a unique healer in that they specialize in CC and debuffing enemies, a direct opposite of absorption mechanics of the Discipline priest.

But that's all speculation with nothing to back it up.  Save for maybe tying in rumors of classes with the first two specs.

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • LudwikLudwik Member UncommonPosts: 407
    Sounds to me like we got the details of Blizzards next 2 expansions and theyre being incorrectly lumped together.

Shadowstalker sounds perfect for a Sylvanas themed expansion. Meanwhile Warden sounds perfect for a Malfurion themed expansion which is what's being presented here.

Council of Glades and The Dark Prophet confirmed next 2 expansions?
  • SalvadorbardSalvadorbard Member UncommonPosts: 100

Sounds like the sort of speculation that's just about broad enough for whoever came up with it to be able to say they were right if it happens to relate (however tenuously) to the actual content announced.

That said: Azshara expansion would be cool; something to do with the naga (I know everyone wants playable Naga race).

• reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636

A naga expansion with no playable naga and tons of recycled troll content?  Is blizzard really that lazy... ok yeah they are... but I have my doubts.

• dplcafdplcaf Member UncommonPosts: 59

I miss when there was actually a difference between the horde and the alliance, such as Paladin's being unique to Alliance and Shamans being unique to the Horde.

Honestly nothing listed here wants me to come back. For those that love wow and still play I hope this excites you. I guess there is nothing left for me in wow.

Last time I logged on I seen a bunch of horde around the starting area, but then I noticed they was using a Illusion or something. A bunch of night-elves dressed up as Taurens and Orcs lol.

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701

they talk about it on youtube.

Originally posted by dplcaf

I miss when there was actually a difference between the horde and the alliance, such as Paladin's being unique to Alliance and Shamans being unique to the Horde.

Honestly nothing listed here wants me to come back. For those that love wow and still play I hope this excites you. I guess there is nothing left for me in wow.

Last time I logged on I seen a bunch of horde around the starting area, but then I noticed they was using a Illusion or something. A bunch of night-elves dressed up as Taurens and Orcs lol.

Might want to wait for the real announcement before sounding so pessimistic.

Someone on first page of the MMO-Champion discussion the OP linked to indicates there is so no trademark pending for "The Dark Prophet" so this is almost certainly another hoax.

• hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015

if i remember right  blizz said they wouldn't raise the level cap anymore once they hit 100 wich i think is a good idea.

and going past that just looks weird to me.

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• isslingissling Member UncommonPosts: 162

They need a reboot and get rid of everything from cata on:) Also, if they opened five progression servers starting with the blood elfs they would get a lot of people back. They are not hurting yet but if the next expansion miss's the mark they could see another huge dip in accounts. But that would still keep then far above everybody else.

But these are my feelings and some of my friends.

• jazz.bejazz.be Member UncommonPosts: 962
    I read or heard somewhere that the guy who leaked this information got it also right in another expansion leak he released in the past
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,897
    That sounds horrible.  If it's true I think I'll skip that expansion in its entirety, the first time I won't buy an expac on release.
    Originally posted by hallucigenocide

if i remember right  blizz said they wouldn't raise the level cap anymore once they hit 100 wich i think is a good idea.

and going past that just looks weird to me.

Quite the opposite.  In fact, when rumors of people saying that the system couldn't handle a level past 99 were circulating, Blizzard mentioned that the game could currently support level 255 (and people mentioned old beta mobs that had such) and that new levels will be coming.

Though it could be an issue of two different time frames contradicting.

Originally posted by FrodoFragins
    That sounds horrible.  If it's true I think I'll skip that expansion in its entirety, the first time I won't buy an expac on release.

Can't remember the last time I was less impressed with an expansion roll out, but of course in light of:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15699673572

It's pretty clear this is not a real expansion.

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,672

I'm probably miles behind with this, but i've not been playing the game for a considerable time.

That didn't stop an email landing in my inbox today linking to this announcement:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/19841681/