Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

wow, what a scam!

2»

Comments

  • elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,307

    Excellent game, don't let the racist anti American OP tell you otherwise because he doesn't want to drop a quick buck, to actually help put food on the devs tables.

    OP, did you know MMORPGs are some of the cheapest forms of entertainment you could spend your money on?  $15 a month compared to 1 night at the movie theatre, I can easily spend about $50 for 2 people on a date to the movies for 2 hours worth of entertainment and you are complaining about a one time payment of $15 to unlock what your are crying about? 

    And what's with the anti American whining and how does that relate in anyway to MMORPG.com or us who come here to talk about MMORPGs?

    image
  • blastermasterblastermaster Member UncommonPosts: 259

    But... why the rage OP?

    You had a chance to play the game for free, and you found out that it was (to quote you) :

    "Outdated gameplay, mediocre looks, idiotic lore..."
    "... One dimensional classes, railroading... "

     

    Who cares if you can't trade or whatever, it seems to me you don't like the game anyway.. or am I missing something?

    What would it change if you could do everything if the basic of the game is not appealing to you?  I'm kind of confused!

     

    Anyways.. Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I hope it helped relieve the pressure a bit! :)

     


     

  • JsnD1JsnD1 Member UncommonPosts: 16

    I feel that the OP needs to relax a little and play a different game. 

     

    You don't need to agree with the way EQ2 does business.  I love my all access pass, and enjoy playing EQ2, EQ, Planetside2, and DCUO.  Furthermore, why are you politicizing people's opinions on a game?  Not everyone is going to agree with you... ever.  This has nothing to do with their political leanings.   

  • VonatarVonatar Member UncommonPosts: 722

    In the words of a famous bard of the 21st century:

     

    "Freedom isn't free

    It costs folks like you and me

    And if we don't all chip in

    We'll never pay that bill

    Freedom isn't free

    No, there's a hefty in' fee.

    And if you don't throw in your buck 'o five

    Who will?"

  • GorweGorwe Member EpicPosts: 5,958
    Originally posted by kitarad

    It's an old game and I doubt he is going to contribute anything to the 'looking busy' part. The players who are on the very top are veterans who are also probably subscribers and people are told to go to the busier servers because of the barrenness of other servers.

     

    Weren't you the one who was trying very hard to subscribe to SWTOR but for some reason you kept getting turned away. Kinda  odd you are condemning the f2p in SWTOR when at one point you were desperately trying to subscribe to the game.

    I was just trying to compare the two most hated f2p models. Or the two most restricted anyhow. Swtor's is more restrictive, but it lets you have freedom with some of more crucial systems(chatting, mail, auction etc). EQ2's is more free but it does restrict the most crucial game systems(chat, mail, auction etc). I think it is clear now what I was on bout when I compared swtor and EQ2 f2p. It wouldn't even cross my mind to attack swtor-it's like turning on your love ffs! A very dick move!

    But this game...looks like it hasn't been really updated ever since 2010 lol!

    And very much sorry for political talk. When provoked, I punch everywhere-in every sore spot I can find. It is dirty, but what can you do? I am trying to get in control of that btw!

  • GorweGorwe Member EpicPosts: 5,958
    Originally posted by blastermaster

    But... why the rage OP?

    You had a chance to play the game for free, and you found out that it was (to quote you) :

    "Outdated gameplay, mediocre looks, idiotic lore..."
    "... One dimensional classes, railroading... "

     

    Who cares if you can't trade or whatever, it seems to me you don't like the game anyway.. or am I missing something?

    What would it change if you could do everything if the basic of the game is not appealing to you?  I'm kind of confused!

     

    Anyways.. Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I hope it helped relieve the pressure a bit! :)

     


     

    Thank you for listening! It did help in fact.

    It's not that I don't like it that much, but the restrictions and the grind oriented gameplay just kills it for me. Grind isn't fun to me tyvm!

  • GorweGorwe Member EpicPosts: 5,958
    Originally posted by elocke

    Excellent game, don't let the racist anti American OP tell you otherwise because he doesn't want to drop a quick buck, to actually help put food on the devs tables.

    OP, did you know MMORPGs are some of the cheapest forms of entertainment you could spend your money on?  $15 a month compared to 1 night at the movie theatre, I can easily spend about $50 for 2 people on a date to the movies for 2 hours worth of entertainment and you are complaining about a one time payment of $15 to unlock what your are crying about? 

    And what's with the anti American whining and how does that relate in anyway to MMORPG.com or us who come here to talk about MMORPGs?

    Tell me why is it an excellent game? Who knows, maybe you even change my mind...

    imo it's average-if even that!

  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 1,994
    Originally posted by Gorwe
    Originally posted by goboygo

    Your playing a game for free and its a scam....

     

    I think you need to grab a dictionary.

    Various games offer you various amount of freedom.

    There is NO FREEDOM to be had in EQ2! Of any sort! One dimensional classes, railroading, cash grabs, lead company bought out by a...whatever DBG is(most likely a front for money washing)...

    This is what I am getting at with "scam". A man should be enticed to pay, not beat over his head with a stick! Even EA understood this-that's exactly the reason why EA stayed alive and SOE has to whore to various financial institutions! But who cares? SOE's products should just get the '39 book treatment!

    Okay fine you don't approve of the F2P model, there are better ones in your opinion but your choice of words "Scam" to describe it is inaccurate.   Reserve such strong words for the true scams of this world.

  • SeariasSearias Member UncommonPosts: 742
    Originally posted by Gorwe

    Outdated gameplay, mediocre looks, idiotic lore, mafia at the charge of the game and a HUGE AMOUNT of restrictions! Some are INSANE and not even swtor dared to try them! Get these kicks:

    YOU CAN'T TRADE WITH PLAYERS!!! YOU CAN'T EVEN BUY THINGS FFS!!!

    ...what a horrible scam! How can they even call this "free" to play??? It's free to play if you like being beat with an ugly stick or eating copious amounts of buffalo dung! SOE / DBG assholes!

    Question, why are you complaining about a game that you don't even like? lol

    <InvalidTag type="text/javascript" src="http://www.gamebreaker.tv/cce/e.js"></script><div class="cce_pane" content-slug="which-world-of-warcraft-villain-are-you" ctype="quiz" d="http://www.gamebreaker.tv"></div>;

  • kitaradkitarad Member EpicPosts: 5,013

    IMO Everquest 2 was always a better game than WoW when I played it at launch and beyond. I have not played it for years though but for the crafting and housing alone it is worth a subscription and I recall it had very good lore and was a good game when I played it. 

     

    Problem is people who do not invest time or effort will not discover this , more's the pity.  

     

    As for you being proud of being passionate I think if you cannot control yourself while you're typing the act is deliberate it is not like speech so I find your outburst something you could have easily controlled so acting contrite now is no use.

  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 12,475
    Originally posted by Searias
    Originally posted by Gorwe

    Outdated gameplay, mediocre looks, idiotic lore, mafia at the charge of the game and a HUGE AMOUNT of restrictions! Some are INSANE and not even swtor dared to try them! Get these kicks:

    YOU CAN'T TRADE WITH PLAYERS!!! YOU CAN'T EVEN BUY THINGS FFS!!!

    ...what a horrible scam! How can they even call this "free" to play??? It's free to play if you like being beat with an ugly stick or eating copious amounts of buffalo dung! SOE / DBG assholes!

    Question, why are you complaining about a game that you don't even like? lol

    That was my thought too. I think he liked the pretty girl but she didn't like him back... so now she's ugly.image

     

    “Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED
  • GorweGorwe Member EpicPosts: 5,958
    Originally posted by kitarad

    IMO Everquest 2 was always a better game than WoW when I played it at launch and beyond. I have not played it for years though but for the crafting and housing alone it is worth a subscription and I recall it had very good lore and was a good game when I played it. 

     

    Problem is people who do not invest time or effort will not discover this , more's the pity.  

     

    As for you being proud of being passionate I think if you cannot control yourself while you're typing the act is deliberate it is not like speech so I find your outburst something you could have easily controlled so acting contrite now is no use.

    Better than wow lol. Is that what the world came down to?

    And crafting, housing and raiding aren't the things that interest me, so...

    ...so I think I'll either live with restrictions or play something else.

  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 8,862
    This is why Pay To Play is just better and I am glad The Progression servers are Pay To Play. You know you are always playing with people that want to be there or they would not be paying a monthly fee. It keeps people like this out of the game.image
  • rubydragon5rubydragon5 Member UncommonPosts: 684
    Originally posted by Mikeha
    This is why Pay To Play is just better and I am glad The Progression servers are Pay To Play. You know you are always playing with people that want to be there or they would not be paying a monthly fee. It keeps people like this out of the game.image

    lol agreed,





  • NailzzzNailzzz Member UncommonPosts: 515
     I'm actually just really amused that they were claiming that RIFT has a good f2p model. Rift, the game where you can purchase up to the 2nd best raiding gear in the cash shop.
  • MickyknoxMickyknox Member UncommonPosts: 60
    get a job and all is well !!
  • DelCabonDelCabon Member UncommonPosts: 257

    The EQ2 F2P "feature" is more of a limited free trial. We have been spoiled by some games with very generous F2P models. I personally love the B2P model with a mostly cosmetic shop like Gw2 and ESO. These are 2 games I can rotate without too much of an investment, especially as a very casual player like myself.

    I played and enjoyed EQ2 for about a year before the F2P option was added. Recently a few friends asked me to return but once I saw how limited the F2P option was I opted out.

    At this point EQ2 would be nothing more than a backup game for me as I already sub to 2 other games which take up most of my gaming time.  If they want to lure me back and have any chance of me paying they would need a much more generous F2P model to get me started again. If EQ2 started taking up more of my time I would just sub and drop another game.

     

     

    Del Cabon
    A US Army ('Just Cause') Vet and MMORPG Native formerly of Trinsic, Norath and Dereth. Currently playing LOTRO. 

  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 16,098
    Originally posted by Gorwe

    Outdated gameplay, mediocre looks, idiotic lore, mafia at the charge of the game and a HUGE AMOUNT of restrictions! Some are INSANE and not even swtor dared to try them! Get these kicks:

    YOU CAN'T TRADE WITH PLAYERS!!! YOU CAN'T EVEN BUY THINGS FFS!!!

    ...what a horrible scam! How can they even call this "free" to play??? It's free to play if you like being beat with an ugly stick or eating copious amounts of buffalo dung! SOE / DBG assholes!

    Well i agree some of the restrictions are BS especially when you CLAIM >>>>FREE to play.

    However at the same time there is room to exploitation by using multiple accounts for free.

    Last i played i was able to trade the only restriction was on the Auction house and amount of gold you could carry.

    I felt the entire system was FAIR up until the point of deliberate changing of gear so that freemium players could not wear it.They changed gear that i would call vendor trash and still made it so players could not wear it.They also made sure gear you could wear is 90% of the time covered with unrealistic stats.So it was a definite aim at trying to change the game for freemium players.

    This is where i stand on the subject of FREE and using that to sell your product.F2p does NOT make a game better,the game is what it is.The ONLY reason i accept f2p moniker is if a developer is trying to make their game world populated because without enough players even the paying ones will leave.However when that line is crossed and ends up looking like a FAKE/lying moniker that is so restricted it removes players,then it is not doing it's job keeping players to make the world look populated.

    Bottom line is if a developer tries too hard to deceive gamer's they will simply shoot themselves in the foot and everyone will leave.

    Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

  • MisterZebubMisterZebub Member LegendaryPosts: 3,539
    Originally posted by Gorwe

    Yeah, I am sorry for this outburst. It's just that my attractions / repulsions are VERY strong. And I know that you didn't deserve this. The best way to punsih them is to just spend money elsewhere. And let them whore out, fking creeps.

    Otherwise, I am fairly normal until provoked. My emotions are strong, yo! And I'm proud of it and would never try to lock them down!

    Well in future you may want to think about changing your outlook. If you can't have a rational civil discussion with your fellow forum mates without resorting to a temper tantrum, you are only hurting your own argument.

    Anyway just wanted to congratulate you for setting the fastest time ever on getting put on my ignore list. While you may feel free to comport yourself however you like that doesn't mean anyone here is forced to have to listen to you.

    "You can go to land of make believe and you can pretend
    But in the end you still have no friends"

  • killion81killion81 Member UncommonPosts: 995
    Originally posted by goboygo

    Your playing a game for free and its a scam....

     

    I think you need to grab a dictionary.

     

    But you'd have to pay for a dictionary!  Just another scam! ;)

This discussion has been closed.