Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy 7 Remake is making dramatic changes to combat but not too different

ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361

http://www.gamesradar.com/ff7-final-fantasy-7-remake-combat-dramatic-changes-advent-children/

"game director Tetsuya Nomura said that the team will be making "dramatic changes" to the game's fights. "And of course, that being said we want to clarify: We’re not going to be changing it into a shooter or something like that. We are going to be bringing dramatic changes, but we want to make sure it’s still recognizable.""

Comments

• NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671
    Yeah this was pretty much a given and I think it's a good thing. While FF7 was a landmark game for its time and it got me to buy a PS1 it had a lot of problems as well. I'm hoping to see many of those issues resolved as well as some new ones arise in the remake. All in all I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with it.

Steam: Neph

• mayankingmayanking Member UncommonPosts: 162
    if turn based is gone for some potato action based then People will rage and riot. 
  • ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Originally posted by mayanking
    if turn based is gone for some potato action based then People will rage and riot. 

There will also be people who will be disappointed if its turn based combat

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

I don't think either is a great deal. FFVII is not considered one of the best games ever because of it's combat, it is because the story, art and characters. The combat was mediocre at best.

Now, if the screw up the story they would destroy the entire game because it is the reason people enjoy the game. Combat and the way you gain power are hopelessly outdated anyways.

Other games have combat as the most important thing, who cares about the story in Tekken or Soul Calibur? there they could totally change the story but if they touch the combat system there will be an outrage.

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    Originally posted by Loke666

I don't think either is a great deal. FFVII is not considered one of the best games ever because of it's combat, it is because the story, art and characters. The combat was mediocre at best.

Now, if the screw up the story they would destroy the entire game because it is the reason people enjoy the game. Combat and the way you gain power are hopelessly outdated anyways.

Other games have combat as the most important thing, who cares about the story in Tekken or Soul Calibur? there they could totally change the story but if they touch the combat system there will be an outrage.

crazy one....

the combat is part of the game since I don't know? you spend most of your gameplay time doing it? materia system limit break.

as long its not like FF12 and FF13 i'm ok because serious i'm not in the mood to play a graphic novel and watch the battles

FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.