Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a new pve mmo

PixelPandaPixelPanda Member Posts: 35

Hi,

I am looking for something new to play, played ff:arr for quite some time but the Kind of slow combat bored me lately and so i am searching for something new.

focus should be pve, i dont really care for pvp.

played wow for a long time so that is off the list and teso didnt really grow on me.

i am thinking of skyforge of maybe starting wildstar some time before the f2p hype.

another Option would be gw2 but aus far as i have heard it lacks on the pve side:/

any thoughts or recommendations?

Comments

• BenediktBenedikt Member UncommonPosts: 1,406
    i would say pretty much any of current big aaa titles would be a goood start - gw2, wildstar or eso
  • PixelPandaPixelPanda Member Posts: 35
    As i said, eso wasnt my cup of tea...
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551

Echo of Soul or Cabal 2 are pretty new.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• user547user547 Member UncommonPosts: 150
    You should try Fallen Earth.  It has a huge world to explore and a long personal questline that takes you to a lot of good locations.  The economy is interesting and you can make money from day 1 by drops and harvests.  Also, guns.  Lots of guns.
  • APThugAPThug Member RarePosts: 543
    Swtor and Wildstar. If you don't like sci fi try out Tera or gw2. Personally I prefer gw2 over all the other MMOs for a long list of reasons. 

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551

wait to try Wildstar after it goes F2P. I think they are making some good changes for it and if you try it and don't like it you lose no money :-)

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    I would say SWTOR, Skyforge, GW2 and Tera are your best options.  At least till Blade and Soul launches.
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

Too little information I think... just that FF XIV was slow, combat-wise. What are you seeking in PvE? If it only means the no pvp part, then almost every action game could be a good fit.

If it means more (be it the lore / story, crafting, roleplaying, unique mechanics, endgame raiding, etc), then it'd be easier to narrow it down...

For example, I'm an (almost) never pvp player (in here I mean, I love shooters and real "against other players" games, but RPGs are not for that), and my main games are all great PvE ones. BUT, 2 - 2.5 of them have tab-target combat so those would seem slow to you as well (0.5 is AoC, because the combo system is fun). What's left is TSW, awesome PvE game, faster combat than FF with positioning and dodging, there's shooter mode as well - still, if you're not looking for the lore / story aspect, that's maybe not the best fit for you.

You mentioned Wildstar, it's like wow you played for long, just with faster combat, plus funny writing and a massive housing system. And the jumping puzzles :) Pretty good game, I too plan to check back after it goes to f2p. But it's very grind-heavy at the end, and the lore / story is not enough for me personally image  If that's not a problem to you, WS could be the droid you're looking for.

In the meantime Neverwinter has a neat action-combat system, and it's a fun game. Easy on download too. Has a cool companion system with crafting included (could be a massive grind towards the end), and has a pretty unique offline part too, if you only have a browser but want to play something.

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by MrMelGibson
    I would say SWTOR, Skyforge, GW2 and Tera are your best options.  At least till Blade and Soul launches.

^Those along with Neverwinter as Po_gg suggested earlier.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335
    EQ2, Lotro, FFXIV, Wildstar and GW2, all have great PVE.  EQ2 is my favorite over them all.
    Thanks for all the answers, yeah, maybe i should provide some more infos.

What I want is something with good group contend, i mean Dungeons, raids and/or group quests/events.
    I want sonething that doesnt make me feel like playing a single player game with a multiplayer option...
    Combat should be action of at least tab target with Short cooldowns like wow.
    I dont care much for crafting, even though i liked gw2s crafting, but i like gathering, exspecially fishing, and item farming/grinding.
    Last thing is that i cant stand old/bad graphics.

Hope that helps, atm gw2 and skyforge seem to interest me Most, let alone for the reason that they let me play as a necromancer :-)
  • DaikuruDaikuru Member RarePosts: 797
    Originally posted by PixelPanda

What I want is something with good group contend, i mean Dungeons, raids and/or group quests/events.
    I want sonething that doesnt make me feel like playing a single player game with a multiplayer option...
    I dont care much for crafting, even though i liked gw2s crafting, but i like gathering, exspecially fishing, and item farming/grinding.
    Last thing is that i cant stand old/bad graphics.

Hope that helps, atm gw2 and skyforge seem to interest me Most, let alone for the reason that they let me play as a necromancer :-)

I guess you have to wait for Blade and Soul and Black Desert. In the meantime GW2 is a good choice.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

- Albert Einstein

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

So, focus on group content, like the gathering and don't mind the grind - yep, that sounds like Wildstar :)

(edit: if you like necros, AoC has a really fun necro class, but since that's not melee, doesn't use the combo system and has the regular tab-target combat. Still, maybe worths a try, looks great when your undead swarm of minions are ripping apart the mobs... image also it has separate PvE server, and maybe some of the best dungeons out there.)

BaS and BD are ok my radar, hate to wait for those two, exspecially because I liked BaS since I heared of it back in my active Aion time.
    But i am from europe so i am used to wait ages for some games and always get some bad publisher....

I think i will waste some time with gw2, seems the safest bet since I already own a copy....
  • zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    There rift if thats your cup at low level pretty slow better higher level with more skill, but if not just wait for wildstar or try out skyforge why is out and see how the game plays but skyforge maybe push a lot on pvp side later on.
  • MaquiameMaquiame Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

Hi,

I am looking for something new to play, played ff:arr for quite some time but the Kind of slow combat bored me lately and so i am searching for something new.

played wow for a long time so that is off the list and teso didnt really grow on me.

i am thinking of skyforge of maybe starting wildstar some time before the f2p hype.

another Option would be gw2 but aus far as i have heard it lacks on the pve side:/

FFXIV ARR is the best pve mmo out right now. Its a shame that not many are mentioning it.

Any mmo worth its salt should be like a good prostitute when it comes to its game world- One hell of a faker, and a damn good shaker!

• zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    Originally posted by Maquiame

Hi,

FFXIV ARR is the best pve mmo out right now. Its a shame that not many are mentioning it.

I agree with PixelPanda combat in FF pretty damn slow it's hard to get in too so for my end not best pve mmo when the pve feel like I'm having server delay all the time in how combat feels.

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381

False info, leveled 2 alts to max only via pve in GW2, just from time to time joined some events for loot.

With WOD Wow has lost primate with me, now absolutely my best game is Swtor. Great PVE content and best ever fully voiced questing with class specific quest lines. And that is unique. And only game where I have played all my alts past max level untill all quest chains were not finished.

My current list so far goes: Swtor, Wow, Gw2.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    delete... it's early I misread...image
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • JessillyJessilly Member UncommonPosts: 15

If you want plenty of group content I'd go with Rift, between IAs, rifts and dungeons there's tons of PvE to do with other players while you're leveling, both instances and in zones. Combat is very similar to WoW.

If you want a change in combat style, TERA and GW2 are worth checking out too.

TERA and Rift are both F2P so you're not losing anything but time by trying them out. 

• MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786

For non-rab targeting PVE I go with Defiance.

For Tab target I would SWTOR, although not really much of an MMO when I played. 

β€œIt's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin