Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Windows 10 is not totally free after all...

SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360

So, I just had a chat with a sales rep at microsoft and it seems Windows 10 will not be totally free after all, since you need to purchase a windows 7 or windows 8 licence...

All that buzz about "everyone" getting it for free (yes I am looking at you torrent users), is not true after all.

Since I had a VL cd key which I got from the internetz, I was running windows 8.1 and that little box popped up in the lower corner of the screen, saying my upgrade was reserved and everything was good to go...

Now today on the launch day, I got to upgrade to windows 10 and voila! it says my licence is not working and tells me to purchase a windows 8.1 or windows 7 key, install the system and THEN do the upgrade with a working product key.

GG microsoft, well played building up the hype that it was going to be "free".

I wanted to go legit with this, but I guess me, like many other users, cannot afford the 199 dolla price for it.

:(

If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation

Comments

• EkibiogamiEkibiogami Member UncommonPosts: 2,154
    Don't  take  this the wrong way, but DUH....... Why is this even brought up? They said often that it  was  a Free Upgrade.. Never once did  i see "Its Totally free for everyone"

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude; greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    —Samuel Adams

• Henrymark1990Henrymark1990 Member Posts: 5

Don't know much about Windows 10. Because I don't use Windows 10 at all. But your information will inspire myself to use Windows 10. LOL!

• lurleenalurleena Member UncommonPosts: 22
    I was able to upgrade my computer to windows 10 for free.
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    It's a free upgrade not a free product.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• Mr_PithMr_Pith Member UncommonPosts: 29

Since I had a VL cd key which I got from the internetz,  

@Seelinnikoi what is a VL cd key?