Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just a warning.

Comments

• makasouleater69makasouleater69 Member UncommonPosts: 1,096
    Originally posted by Muke
    Originally posted by makasouleater69

Not that many play this game, but I thought I would warn the few that do. Also this isn't a rant,I honestly don't care, I considered my 150 gone a week after I bought it, and they announced no single player so no mods, and the online is peer to peer, with people all over the world. I was bored so I put up a couple of posts on various fourms about selling my premium beta account. I never did get any response from any one. I doubt I would of even sold it, I just wanted to really see how popular the game was. The fourms were steam, and I believe star citizen. Anyways, they banned my account. So just for any one thinking of trying to buy a premium beta account, be warn they will ban it.

Now it is a rant lol. I guess the company must be doing pretty bad, wanting to ban any one selling a all expansions account. To bad there dedication to the game wasent as diligent as to finding people selling that. As I said though it doesn't really bother me they banned my account. It would be equivalent to some one banning me from using their garbage vacuum clearer that had no belt, and smoked in use. Good luck to those still supporting this game, I seriously doubt they will support you much longer haha. Considering the game is a useless mess of super cruise docking, and bad combat. With no hope of mods like x3, or huge money expansions like eve. Instead of fixing all that, and adding a expansion, to say I dono maybe some space station creation, where you have meaningful PvP. Nah they decided to go for a money grab on a Xbox.considering every one who backed him was not a x box player, and the majority liked a high quality PC setup, he is a serious bad word haha. 

Who would have thought that trying to sell a MMO account would end up with a ban and a disgruntled player posting a rant on a forum?

The only difference is that you don't post 5000 lines about how innocent you are and how evil the MMO company is.

I am innocent the account was never sold, and I don't even own the account, so what ever haha. So dont give me that garbage. Thats like me going around saying I am want to sell the Brooklyn bridge........... 

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614

Not that many play this game, but I thought I would warn the few that do. Also this isn't a rant,I honestly don't care, I considered my 150 gone a week after I bought it, and they announced no single player so no mods, and the online is peer to peer, with people all over the world. I was bored so I put up a couple of posts on various fourms about selling my premium beta account. I never did get any response from any one. I doubt I would of even sold it, I just wanted to really see how popular the game was. The fourms were steam, and I believe star citizen. Anyways, they banned my account. So just for any one thinking of trying to buy a premium beta account, be warn they will ban it.

Now it is a rant lol. I guess the company must be doing pretty bad, wanting to ban any one selling a all expansions account. To bad there dedication to the game wasent as diligent as to finding people selling that. As I said though it doesn't really bother me they banned my account. It would be equivalent to some one banning me from using their garbage vacuum clearer that had no belt, and smoked in use. Good luck to those still supporting this game, I seriously doubt they will support you much longer haha. Considering the game is a useless mess of super cruise docking, and bad combat. With no hope of mods like x3, or huge money expansions like eve. Instead of fixing all that, and adding a expansion, to say I dono maybe some space station creation, where you have meaningful PvP. Nah they decided to go for a money grab on a Xbox.considering every one who backed him was not a x box player, and the majority liked a high quality PC setup, he is a serious bad word haha. 

Who would have thought that trying to sell a MMO account would end up with a ban and a disgruntled player posting a rant on a forum?

The only difference is that you don't post 5000 lines about how innocent you are and how evil the MMO company is.

I am innocent the account was never sold, and I don't even own the account, so what ever haha. So dont give me that garbage. Thats like me going around saying I am want to sell the Brooklyn bridge........... 

You couldn't have sold it because your accounts were banned as you said. Also you posted on said forums about SELLING your account. Said forums knew that was against the game's EULA, against their own EULA as they sell games (STEAM) and you got banned. So ummm yeah.

You blew your cover and they caught you before you could commit the crime. So good luck getting any sympathy and clearing your name and shame the companies that did their work perfectly.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

Originally posted by Thane
    Originally posted by Major69er1
    I don't understand all the hate for this game it is actually a lot of fun. Why would you break the rules then complain about the punishment.

that's how kids nowaydays work.

they break the rules, and instead of understanding what they did and why they get punished for THEIR actions, they start to blame EVERYONE else......

this ain't the only case here, i see that basically every day, in every game...

example in LoL:  "i died! REPORT THE JUNGLE!"

nothing new to see here, move along.

One I am not a kid. Two intill my last posts, I wasnt complaining about braking the rules, which I didn't btw.  There is a big difference between typing something, and doing something. Anyways, as your lumping of every one into kids, and actions hahaha. Your one funny dude. It is the internet, and comparing it with actions, and punishment is a joke. You do understand it is a virtual reality here, you cant be punished hahaa. I mean come on what fantasy do you live in? You honestly think a ban is a punishment? I don't think I will ever understand you kids, thinking that the internet and reality are interchangeable, and that they are the same thing. 

You couldn't have sold it because your accounts were banned as you said. Also you posted on said forums about SELLING your account. Said forums knew that was against the game's EULA, against their own EULA as they sell games (STEAM) and you got banned. So ummm yeah.

You blew your cover and they caught you before you could commit the crime. So good luck getting any sympathy and clearing your name and shame the companies that did their work perfectly.

HAHAHAHA, clear my name huh haha, good laughs this morning. CRIME hahahahahahah dude your a riot. As I said I dont even own the account, so it doesnt matter to me. I was giving you a warning, if you dont want to listen what ever I care not. If you cant figure out that, if some one posts about selling your account on steam, they will ban you, even if it wasnt you then good luck. As far as steam, STEAM didnt ban me, nor is the game even on my steam account. I dont even own Elite and dangerous, never have.  They just banned some one account with the same name as me. 

So heres what will happen, which will be rare so what ever. If some one figures out your name, and goes to the steam forums and posts there, they are selling your account. They wont even contact the actually account holder, they will just ban your account. 

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614

One I am not a kid. Two intill my last posts, I wasnt complaining about braking the rules, which I didn't btw.  There is a big difference between typing something, and doing something.

It is the internet, and comparing it with actions, and punishment is a joke.

You do understand it is a virtual reality here, you cant be punished hahaa.

I mean come on what fantasy do you live in?

You honestly think a ban is a punishment?

I don't think I will ever understand you kids, thinking that the internet and reality are interchangeable, and that they are the same thing. 

Clearly, the sand has gone in deep with this kid.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

Originally posted by Major69er1
    I don't understand all the hate for this game it is actually a lot of fun. Why would you break the rules then complain about the punishment.

I hate the game, because they lied about offline. They spend a lot of the pc money on xbox, which is a waste of money, considering that is a terrible format to release a spaceship simulator, making the game controls to a xbox controller. Made the game Peer 2 Peer, after forcing you to go online. Forcing every one to go online, but not interact with each other. I hate the game period, and its not because they banned that person account either.  At most that is a amusement. 

One I am not a kid. Two intill my last posts, I wasnt complaining about braking the rules, which I didn't btw.  There is a big difference between typing something, and doing something.

It is the internet, and comparing it with actions, and punishment is a joke.

You do understand it is a virtual reality here, you cant be punished hahaa.

I mean come on what fantasy do you live in?

You honestly think a ban is a punishment?

I don't think I will ever understand you kids, thinking that the internet and reality are interchangeable, and that they are the same thing. 

Clearly, the sand has gone in deep with this kid.

Man what does that even mean, the sand has gone in deep? I will assume your trying to say I am insane, and not only are you trying to say I am insane, but you are trying to get other people to confirm your assumption, by not even addressing the comment to me, but towards some audience, that for all you know could be me posting on different accounts. 

What ever, if you want to think that the internet is real, and there is no difference between typing something, and doing something in reality what ever. You clearly are new to the internet. As for me, the internet, games and all of it, are just a pointless distraction, that have 0 baring on my life. Each to their own I guess, its kinda like this conversation we are having here, totally worthless, between 2 random anon people that will never meet. But keep addressing that audience you seem to think is listening to you. 

• Jonas_SGJonas_SG Member UncommonPosts: 475

HAHAHAHA, clear my name huh haha, good laughs this morning. CRIME hahahahahahah dude your a riot. As I said I dont even own the account, so it doesnt matter to me. I was giving you a warning, if you dont want to listen what ever I care not. If you cant figure out that, if some one posts about selling your account on steam, they will ban you, even if it wasnt you then good luck. As far as steam, STEAM didnt ban me, nor is the game even on my steam account. I dont even own Elite and dangerous, never have.  They just banned some one account with the same name as me. 

So heres what will happen, which will be rare so what ever. If some one figures out your name, and goes to the steam forums and posts there, they are selling your account. They wont even contact the actually account holder, they will just ban your account. 

If i was to guess:

Steam, most likely, tracked the IP you used to post on Steam forums. Send that info to their Elite Dangerous partners. While Frontier simply found your IP in their Account database and banned you. They had all the evidence they needed to do so.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

What ever, if you want to think that the internet is real, and there is no difference between typing something, and doing something in reality what ever. You clearly are new to the internet. As for me, the internet, games and all of it, are just a pointless distraction, that have 0 baring on my life. Each to their own I guess, its kinda like this conversation we are having here, totally worthless, between 2 random anon people that will never meet. But keep addressing that audience you seem to think is listening to you. 

If you have any doubts about how "real" the internet is, I'd suggest you try posting a few bomb threats on some public forums.

Nothing will happen, right ? After all, you didn't DO anything it was just some stuff you said on the internet...

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610
    Apparently you guys can't read. I told you I could care less if I got banned, I think the game is garbage, and thought of the money lost a long time ago. The only thing that makes me angry is they lied and made no single player, so no more. They also made it peer to peer. You guys just like defending your games I guess. BTW steam didn't ban my account, they did. I never did get game companies like this one, you know your dealing with a shit company when a , within 12 hours of buying it they refuse to refund your money. Again banning me from this game is like banning me from using 480p. There are seriously better quialty then this terrible game. The mods of x 3 are better than the whole game. But hey, if it wasn't for elite and dangerous and there terrible handling of their garbage random generated super cruise docking click trade game. I never would of found x 3. Enjoy your projection screen 480 p game, I'll enjoy my 4k 70 inch game.

Look at him back track and ignore the other points he mentioned as we point out that he's just salty.

You got banned.  Every MMO will do this to you for attempting to sell an account.

You hate Elite Dangerous.  Good for you.  You don't care?  Neither do we.

Don't you have better things to do than run a game through the mud?

Oh and by the way, no one cares that you have a nice big 4k tv.  Do you think that makes you cool?

Kids these days.

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610

No, they won't.  Clearly something else happened.  You either are spitting an enormous amount of BS, or, well, I can't think of anything else.

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679
    Originally posted by SpottyGekko
    Originally posted by Jonas_SG

I think your are mistaken. There is a single player in this game, and it was there since the beta. They only removed the Off-line mode. It got some players dissapointed, but had no real effect at the end.

You're quite correct, it had little effect on revenue in the end.

That's mainly because FD waited until 3 months before launch to announce that they had decided "it was better for the game play" if they totally removed the offline option. By then, it was much too late for a serious backlash and refund options were limited.

It was the most blatant bait-and-switch in recent gaming history, lol.

Yeah it was. They are a horrible company. I knew I shouldn't of trusted a British company......

Right! That's it!

Call out the guard, form up the battalions. Time to take back the colonies........oh hang on....they've got Mel Gibson on their side.

• NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671
    Dude if you try to rob a bank and fail does that mEan you didn't break the law? Lol same deal here. You tried to sell your account, which yes even trying to do so breaks the tos, and you got banned. End of story. You re wrong.

Steam: Neph

• sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197

Not that many play this game, but I thought I would warn the few that do.

You mean apart from the shitloads of people that do?
    ~850.000 units sold is pretty good for a space sim title I think.

..Cake..

• simpliussimplius Member UncommonPosts: 1,134
    sgel said:

Not that many play this game, but I thought I would warn the few that do.

You mean apart from the shitloads of people that do?
    ~850.000 units sold is pretty good for a space sim title I think.

it is

sadly , many of us couldnt even get past the loading screen

they made a quick buck , and the genre will take another hit

this will hurt star citizen as well

• mark2123mark2123 Member UncommonPosts: 450

You have no one to blame but yourself for your situation, OP. This isn't some shady business practice, you clearly violated the TOS and got banned for it. And when you stop to consider that Frontier has to operate under EU Consumer Protection laws, good luck convincing anyone that you were banned unfairly.

Instead of being pig-ignorant, why don't you read his post and his later post.  He's not moaning about the ban.
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430

I've never bought an account, but isn't it common for games to not allow the selling of accounts?  Whether they are doing well or not?

I self identify as a monkey.

• BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,768
    mgilbrtsn said:

I've never bought an account, but isn't it common for games to not allow the selling of accounts?  Whether they are doing well or not?
    Yea they probably do but that doesn't really stop people from doing it.

What does stop it, is making it obvious to everyone because you are pissed at the game.  

That would be what Mr. Salty did.   Hey everybody, this game sucks, anybody want to buy my account?

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

Jonas_SG said:

If i was to guess:

Steam, most likely, tracked the IP you used to post on Steam forums. Send that info to their Elite Dangerous partners. While Frontier simply found your IP in their Account database and banned you. They had all the evidence they needed to do so.

Well they obviously didn't do that, because if they did, they would of found out that the ip is linked to some one other than the owner of the account.......
  • unfilteredJWunfilteredJW Member RarePosts: 388
    Thanks for ruining my lunch with all this salt.

I'm a MUDder. I play MUDs.

Current: Dragonrealms

• TemperHSTemperHS Member UncommonPosts: 72
    PJ Salt, sprinkle it all over me. I love it.
  • laxielaxie Member RarePosts: 1,118
    I don't get the point of this tread. If you are surprised you got banned for intending to sell your account, there's nothing unusual about it. That is frowned upon in almost any game. In my eyes, the fact that they banned you before you even made the transaction shows they are good at preventing these sort of things (and is a positive).

If you want to discuss the lack of offline play, don't spend majority of your post talking about your ban.
  • strangepowersstrangepowers Member UncommonPosts: 630
    edited September 2015
    If you did not care you would not have posted.  Can't take a single thing you say serious especially as you lead into the post making a statement "Not that many play this game, but I thought I would warn the few that do"  that you can't back up and are not qualified to to even remark on because you have no real idea. Hunches and personal bias/opinions don't count and don't cut the mustard.

Meditate on what "not caring" really means. What's wrong with kids these days? Even the overgrown biological "adults" with the mentality and logic of children... those kids count too!
  • TemperHSTemperHS Member UncommonPosts: 72
    By the way he explains it, it was an account that he bought from someone else, and then tried to resell a second time.

He first mentions that he burned $150 on the account, and then goes on to say that he was not the original owner and the account was not his anyway (so he doesn't care, blah, blah, etc...). Possibly just a face saving gesture with no real merit, but I don't know...
  • FomaldehydeJimFomaldehydeJim Member UncommonPosts: 673
    edited September 2015
    You do realize that statute trumps EULA every time. Most EULAs contain several unenforceable clauses, but the developers rely on bamboozling consumers with legal speak.
This discussion has been closed.