Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Everytime I go to login....

wyldmagikwyldmagik Member UncommonPosts: 516

http://prntscr.com/7v1iu9

They will be needing more than one free class token at this rate.. every day so far the same bullsheet

Comments

• wyldmagikwyldmagik Member UncommonPosts: 516

Tried again today at midday uk time.

http://prntscr.com/7v8e0v

^^ lol - give up.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    This is the growing pains of any MMO launch. This has been the standard way of things for 17 years, so if you cant take the heat of a new MMO launch, dont play them. Wait 1-3 months and things will be stable and fine. This is not new. 
  • wyldmagikwyldmagik Member UncommonPosts: 516

It is ok you do not understand the bigger picture :D

I have been playing trove since it first appeared playable :D Now I facking can't, and when I do get to login and let this be known its been twice in this week only, both times crashed out after playing with the old old old directx issue and before that a error I never seen in all the time playing trove.

Not playing through steam btw, repaired and reinstalled etc etc you know the drill, I do im old ive done it a million times.

I do get it, launching a MMO brings its own problems. Only thing to do with them is report it. Acting like they are anything other then the norm for MMOs is silly. Again, if it gets you upset, wait 1-3 months after launch. Things will be fixed. 
  • IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

What Nan is telling you is to sit and twist.  Never mind that you were in game a while ago.  (I was in Alpha/Beta too)  Nevermind that you supported it.  Hell, nevermind if you're a paying customer because they don't seem to be having it any better.

They're just going to tell you the 30 minutes isn't really 30 minutes.  Or that when it says 300 minutes that's wrong.  Then you'll sit there and wait for 2.5 hrs to play the game and that's normal too.

That isn't normal.  It's not right.  And in this day-and-age we should have gotten past the same crap as WoW from over a decade ago.

P.S. Nan, before telling people to report it... take a look at the policies of Trion.  You cannot post on their forum until you're a specific game level (Meta level 2 I believe).  I know I'm level 7-8 in the game and I can't get to post on there to share my issues.  Imagine how many others can't as well.

Originally posted by Ikeda

What Nan is telling you is to sit and twist.  Never mind that you were in game a while ago.  (I was in Alpha/Beta too)  Nevermind that you supported it.  Hell, nevermind if you're a paying customer because they don't seem to be having it any better.

They're just going to tell you the 30 minutes isn't really 30 minutes.  Or that when it says 300 minutes that's wrong.  Then you'll sit there and wait for 2.5 hrs to play the game and that's normal too.

That isn't normal.  It's not right.  And in this day-and-age we should have gotten past the same crap as WoW from over a decade ago.

Why? 

Originally posted by Nanfoodle

Why? 

Because half the time these game devs rent servers.  It's far easier to rent a massive amount of servers than to lose the possible retention of players.  

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

P.S. Nan, before telling people to report it... take a look at the policies of Trion.  You cannot post on their forum until you're a specific game level (Meta level 2 I believe).  I know I'm level 7-8 in the game and I can't get to post on there to share my issues.  Imagine how many others can't as well.

so, which part you didn't get? :)

since we STILL use the same network technics, ofcors it didn't change.

they can do whatever they want, they can't fix certain ammount of players.

as you have been told above: "if you cant take the heat of a new MMO launch, dont play them.", ty. you dont NEED to play games as first, let em fix it and come back after

This is the growing pains of any MMO launch. This has been the standard way of things for 17 years, so if you cant take the heat of a new MMO launch, dont play them. Wait 1-3 months and things will be stable and fine. This is not new. 

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

Why? 

Because half the time these game devs rent servers.  It's far easier to rent a massive amount of servers than to lose the possible retention of players.  

You make it sound so easy. Should it be standard they rent space for what 200k, 500k, a mill? Games have budgets and chucking around money only hurts the game. Sometimes you dont see how popular the game will be. I find we are gamers are getting to judgmental and demanding. IMO, we need to see it for what it is, people run these things and make mistakes. Companies dont have endless amounts of money to spend and need to watch what they spend or our games wont last long. With these two things in mind, we need to be forgiving and see that its not as easy as we may think. Take into account also we have more systems in MMOs then we ever did before and asking our tech to reach for greater and greater things. So that has its own problems. Trove also is testing systems that are new to MMOing. 

Originally posted by Thane

as you have been told above: "if you cant take the heat of a new MMO launch, dont play them.", ty. you dont NEED to play games as first, let em fix it and come back after

And I too would agree with you....

EXCEPT...

Back in the day... games Alpha and Beta's were just that.  A select group of Alpha and then a slightly larger group of Beta.  The launch.  And yea you had a patch or two...

NOW, you have Open Alpha, Closed Beta, Open Beta, Headstart, Launch.  This isn't a "fix it and come back" issue.  This is there is NOT ENOUGH ROOM ON THE SERVER issue.  And it really isn't "fixed".  What it is, people quit trying.  After a while it stabilizes, not because the devs actually did something but rather most people just gave up and moved on.

Originally posted by Thane

And I too would agree with you....

EXCEPT...

Back in the day... games Alpha and Beta's were just that.  A select group of Alpha and then a slightly larger group of Beta.  The launch.  And yea you had a patch or two...

NOW, you have Open Alpha, Closed Beta, Open Beta, Headstart, Launch.  This isn't a "fix it and come back" issue.  This is there is NOT ENOUGH ROOM ON THE SERVER issue.  And it really isn't "fixed".  What it is, people quit trying.  After a while it stabilizes, not because the devs actually did something but rather most people just gave up and moved on.

Does not change the fact till you launch you have no clue what your game will do or the problems you will have. Launch pains are just that. In my 17 years of MMOing I have only seen 1 smooth MMO launch. You think we MMOers would get the fact, if you get in at launch, you gona see problems. Dont want to see problems, wait a few months. My guess, this will be the norm for the next 17 years =-)