Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

i am a 25k+ prestige advanced player meanwhile...

PongpingPongping Member UncommonPosts: 131
edited August 2015 in Skyforge
only dislike the Limits, i reach them all after 2-3 days...... most stupid idea ever. losing interest because of them

and yes i work on temples, adepts and province but dislike the need of it because its boring as hell...
Post edited by Pongping on

Comments

• TalketzantoTalketzanto Member UncommonPosts: 205

I was in the same boat as you working towards archer. I was mad that I had to play a class that I didnt even want but then I realized that most of the upgrades you do to one character carry over to the others. 

BTW Im absolutely loving this game (and I thought Ide hate it)

• PongpingPongping Member UncommonPosts: 131

• AdonanAdonan Member Posts: 6
    I wanted to try the Monk; heard it takes three weeks to get there...no thanks.
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919

I was reading on the main forum how most people who unlock the necromancer have not unlocked a lot of the abilities and talents so they really drag a group down and get kicked. Also that it is a hard class and hard to play well. Perhaps they should allow people to start where they want so that they can built the classes they want and may be allow only one choice in the beginning and one more for you to change to. This way any decision you make and even if you end up not liking the class you pick you have only yourself to blame. Somehow though even then people will whine.

Or better still since it is F2P charge for every class change. That will go down well image

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • handheldhandheld Member UncommonPosts: 120

Have you done platoons?

Have you done distortions?

Have you done Invasions?

Have you done anomalies?

You complain that you are bored with the game but you are not even close to 5 percent into it yet. You havent even gotten god form yet and thats where the real fun begins right there when people start inviting you as your god form and you start wrecking stuff hard. Once you actually get into the real content and learn how to use the map selector in the bottom you will probably enjoy it more. Until then you are like the people who play an mmo for an hour and then complain it sucks.

• BraindomeBraindome Member UncommonPosts: 959
    Originally posted by Pongping

i am simply not the type of powergamer that drinks 20 energy drinks per day to manage his goal.

Come on....all you need is like one or two really good protein shakes.

• madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,107

2700 prestige and already close to necro? Sounds like you rushed there and skipped some other important nodes. Such as coph, hot ether and another I can't recall. I've got some major bonuses. I am only about 250 away from unlocking necro (first class I'll unlock), and I have about 4300 prestige.

oh and not to mention you've slipped unlocking several new talents and a few abilities.

• TheOctagonTheOctagon Member UncommonPosts: 411

Necromancer is one of the weaker classes which is why they made it one of the closest to the starting 3. New people head there right away. Necro and Archer.

I'm at 4800 prestige and the grinds beginning to tell. Right now the lag is horrible and after two updates I actually think its gotten worse. Last couple days its been unplayable.

• PongpingPongping Member UncommonPosts: 131
    Originally posted by madazz

2700 prestige and already close to necro? Sounds like you rushed there and skipped some other important nodes. Such as coph, hot ether and another I can't recall. I've got some major bonuses. I am only about 250 away from unlocking necro (first class I'll unlock), and I have about 4300 prestige.

oh and not to mention you've slipped unlocking several new talents and a few abilities.

725 red sparks are left to necro, last 2 red  nodes.

i took the Path the game suggested.

edit 27.7 > it was a mistake to do that

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    Originally posted by Dren_Utogi
    Originally posted by Adonan

I was about 3 hops away from monk, then bam, end game spark that I couldnt get.  /delete

The game suggest a path on what sparks you have. If you went on your own merry way it may result in a spark node you can only get end game. On the other hand a the path suggested may not be an optimal choice of stats.

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

there is an offensive description for that phenomena, one you won't like.

noob filter :)

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 865

Nothing like playing it with some friends together though. Atm at 6k prestige and still enjoying it even though i do work full-time so not TO much playtime really.

Can see why people would get bored with the game though, very person-specific.

Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED
  • SkavenapsSkavenaps Member UncommonPosts: 67
    Originally posted by Pongping

this allods team already destroyed Allods Online a few years ago with their greed.

They wanted to sell resurrection items for Cash and other strange things for real money. 

this russian company was known for its greed and the player hordes left in under 4 weeks.

when they learned that the players arent stupid they tried to fix all the mess butit was to late.

until today Allods is a great game but no one talks about it anymore...

Skyforge is looking good too, the GUI and all the other eye candy...

but 

Stupid Currency and Spark caps simply ruin the fun to farm , grind for a new class....

The spark cost gets higher and higher the further you get away from the starter classes....

its no fun and i wont ever see another class than maybe Necromancer... if i have the will to get there

Its just simply said stupid design....

So first you say a casual playing 1,2 hours for 1,2 days (or from 2 to 4 hours a week) will not achiev anything. Then you rant about the weekly caps... something here is wrong.

If you can't commit a few weeks to unlock the class you like.. well thats not your game (or any mmorpg tbh)

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101

That is not true Dren because they are the greater Atlas nodes that build overall stats and people can choose their own stats and the stats the game picks for you is not optimum nor the best stat path ,you just did not check the availability of each node resource which in all fairness you probably had no idea you had to do. That is lack of explanation in the game

Then there will be the Divine Atlas and another Atlas after that to further customize your character .What you are seeing is just the tip of the iceberg in fact many players from what I have been reading have been rushing to get enough prestige to get more and more resources to unlock their nodes to get to the classes they want . They have ended up in a prestige hole as a result and this results in terrible dungeon runs as the tanks cannot tank and the DPS cannot dps fast enough.

Chamber of Chains
  • SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401

Honestly you are on training wheels till about 3300-3500.  After that you unlock five man groups and the harder stuff.  It was getting sorta slow but once I hit that with the difficulty spike, its been a lot better.

I enjoy a support class, but I'm working towards Witch.

And you are correct, when you first unlock a new class, you have like 3 abilities unlocked.  IE you have to work up that new classes class atlas.  So  you shouldnt be running the high end stuff (top of your prestige) right away.  You should do a few runs of easy stuff or the open zones to at least unlock class sparks.

Oh and Dren, you can still use different talents/abilities/atlas bonuses.  And considering they are planning on adding a lot more classes, I dont think that many people will fill up EVERYTHING to be exactly the same.

• mrneurosismrneurosis Member UncommonPosts: 314
    Honestly, a game made by devs of Allods online, if it wasn't grindy i would have been surprised.
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    Originally posted by Adonan

Same here. Really stupid game design that will fail if they don't change it. It might have worked back in 2000 but today most players just won't put up with this crap. But like someone said its the Allods team behind this game enough said. In 2 months no one will be talking about this game.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    I am glad Pally was a class I really wanted to play, I have no clue why anyone would want to play a class they dont like just to unlock a class they want to play. This is something that really needs to be changed. This coming from a guy who is loving the game.
  • HaralinHaralin Member UncommonPosts: 148

Even if you are playing your Class you need to unlock other classes for there Symbols. Paladin Symbol is great so start with Paladin cause you must level this class for raiding and it doenst matter what class you are now or you will be.

Symbols are a great source auf Damage Alchi Symbol gives a damage Buff also a Berserk Buff, so you need to unlock them to and must progress through all nodes of this class to get the symbol.

• gunmanvladgunmanvlad Member UncommonPosts: 281

Haha this thread is sooooo funny. 

If you go to the forums, then 90% of the talks are around how Casual-friendly the game is, and how anti-hardcore-players it is! The irony

Realistically, it takes 4-5 hours to fully complete the colored sparks, and another 2-3 hours to complete class sparks. If you can't play 8 hours PER WEEK, and still expect to be "at the same level" at someone spending even 60hours per week, then you have issues imo. Aside from pure-PvP games with 0 progression, you cannot get a multiplayer game like that. Skyforge comes very close tho. It's not "my opinion", it's an obvious reality, that's what spark cap means, coupled with the Prestige matching system.

Now, if you want to complain how you do the same mission over and over, then I can agree of course. Skyforge fails in the diversity department, with very few mob types and generally the same type of attacks. There is some variety, but not great. Hub-based missions are their alternative to classic MMO quests, but not a great one, as Vindictus and Co. have shown. But the combat is fun, rewarding, visually pleasing. And 5-man Dungeons are challenging and cool (for the most part). PvP is also a blast. 

Story is nonexistent or just very boring I'd say, so...don't go in expecting ESO or TSW quality of world immersion. But top of the line combat.

• Cybersig211Cybersig211 Member UncommonPosts: 173

Im not a fan of how they start you either, but for other reasons.  They basically give you a fantasic melee class, a fantasic range dps, and one of the best supports off the bat.  My problem is, these are actually strong classes, however are seen as throw away starter classes.

They should have let you choose one of any class (would have made for greater class variety from the start) given you ONE atlas reset within the first two weeks (or make it undo two weeks worth of sparks) to allow one mistake correction or class change.

Anyway.  The games content is distributed in a very casual fashion. I can play a game in 10-20 min and go back to work,... or whatever.

However the games content quickly moves into try-hard mode with the 5 man dungeons.  Where coordination among members is required in the highest fashion as you would expect with some of the hardcore raid/dungeon mmorpgs.  Which is not a good thing considering tools are not given to promote coordination among players...as half the server is BR the other half north American, and some SEA players mixed in.

Harder dungeons its a total DPS race, as there are no heals in game (ok one class gets a big heal on a long cool down)  So coordinating all the DPS is vital, as the tank can and will hold agro but DPS will have to burn everything down, including bosses, before the tank loses all his HP, which can be nominally mitigated with putting some weak shields on the tank via some support classes.

The problem brewing is that one it takes sometimes several weeks to unlock a class, and there are already forming specific group requirements for pve...people are not going to want a slayer or monk in their pve raid...too squishy, its melee so they'll take boatloads more damage than range and burst dps is king...which they might have but have survivability issues in a game with no heals. So in a few weeks youll have people who finally get that class they wanted, only to learn its shunned from the content they enjoy.  Meaning soon youll have a very homogenous raid/group requirement for both pve and pvp as some classes seemed 100% targeted towards pvp and or pve group content.

On top of that you have the standard issue pvp cry club who needs every class to lose their abilities that make them not horrible in pve, because its not fair in pvp to stun lock on a class with no survivability...which is their survivability...which is going to get patched out making them worthless in pve...ect.

Top it off with the first week the game was smooth sailing, they did their first weekly maintenance and all of a sudden...you cant get on the server, there is insane UI lag when in game, and it takes about 20 or so tries to get on the server without getting disconnected after waiting in a queue that shouldn't exist for paying players.

Other than that.  I actually love the game, its fun solo pve, its fun grinding if that's your thing.  Sort of like a mmorpg meets warframe with some open world maps tossed in for good measure.   

I should add, only idiots cry about the cap on class progression, you can make your class OP with damage and health using the order mini game, which requires you to play as you would normally but for other rewards that wont get you closer to that class you want...

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000

One thing I've found is that the EU server runs better then the NA server.  I have characters on both and even though I live in NA I'm getting less lag on EU.  A lot of times when one is down for maintenance or updates the other is up.

If you head straight for Necro you will have a weak character, players who worked several classes at the  same time realize all those stats will contribute to any new class you unlock.  Because it's a new class you won't have all your skills and will be gimped until you get them.   So unlock the class, fill it's skill tree some to build it up, then play it.   I have ll but one skill slot unlocked on my Necro and he is fun to play.  Nothing like dieing, which makes you stronger, killing everything, then transforming back with full health.

Also remember unlocked classes don't have weapons so if you go into an instance that wants you to play another class, play it and get the weapons as a reward.  I'm really enjoying Knight on my EU account, so far it's great leveling.  I'm working towards Archer, 16 nodes to go.  Yesterday I went to play Factory 501 to get green sparks I needed for a node.  It asked me if I want to play as Archer.  So I played as Archer and got a bow and the secondary weapon as rewards, and got to experience how Archer handles in actual combat.  Which means when I do unlock Archer, he already will have a weapons set. 

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• dplcafdplcaf Member UncommonPosts: 59

I'm pretty sure I choose the wrong starter class, I thought the lightbringer sounded great on paper. I should have done research on his abilities because I found it to be the most boring support class I have ever played. I didn't like the spammy nature of the lightbringer and combine that with high cooldowns I lost interest in the game.

I do plan on trying again soon, but considering I only got two choices of classes is pretty lackluster. My days of tanking have been over since vanilla wow, so really that only leaves me with one class.. The cyro does seem to have a lot of eye candy, I just hope that class isn't as spammy as the lightbringer if so then I guess the game just isn't for me.