Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a casual mmorpg

StyxaStyxa Member UncommonPosts: 76

Hi folks,

i am looking for a mmorpg i can play casually. Sadly i had to quit realm reborn because of a new job that didnt leave me much time to continue playing it. At the moment i can play maybe two evenings the week for maybe two hours and two mornings for about the same time. In this time i tend to play some single player Games as well, that shortens the mmo time Even further.

I like pve oriented games, dungeons, item farming and exploring. sometimes i like to pvp but no open world pvp. setting doesnt matter, but i like fantasy more than scifi. last i love to play melee characters, exspecally dual wield or fist weapons, would be nice if something like this was in the game.

hoping for some recommendations, thank you guys  alot :-)

Comments

• StyxaStyxa Member UncommonPosts: 76
    Nothing? :-(
  • DaikuruDaikuru Member RarePosts: 797
    What about GW2 or ESO?
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

- Albert Einstein

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Or AoC. Melee is fun, dual-wield likewise.
  • LithuanianLithuanian Member UncommonPosts: 542

For PvE with almost no PvP:

Istaria

Lord of the rings online.

Istaria: PvP only in Arena, if you don't enter there - no PvP then. Good housing system, mutli-schooling. Graphic old, content sometimes is really forced grouping, population small, yet nice and helpfull. Everything is free; just f2p players can play as Humans and have no plots of land.

Lord of the rings online: PvP only in Etenmoors and spar (you cant turn sparring requests off). Big world, perfect for those who enjoy Tolkien, even those who know nothing of RP sometimes do role-play. One of the best free models: you grind, you get Turbine points and can unlock almost everything with these Turbine points. Endgame is very grindy, heavily depending on random number generator.

Age of Conan: tried this. Looks quite brutal (well...title obliges), you can run almost naked and there is plenty things to do in starter town. Great many quests some of them are quite challenging. Community is 'so-so', i used to report (patience has its limits) gold scammers quite often. Finally abandoned, because it was just not my style.

I wish I could reccomend anything else...but no other games captivated me. Aion has quite total PvP;; Rift did not fascinate me; Terra, Neverwinter - too. I wish i knew any other game than Istaria and Lotro that had PvE, was soloable softcore with meaningful housing and crafting (and NOT pay-to-win: Lotro has some inclination into that).

• SomeHumanSomeHuman Member UncommonPosts: 560
    I'd recommend Skyforge.  It's new and shiny and casual.  Hop in and hop out.  If you like exploration and collection, I'd agree with GW2 from the other comment.

Gaming since 1985; Online gaming since 1995; No End in Sight! My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8POVoJ8fdOseuJ4U1ZX-oA

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• Tgiordano92Tgiordano92 Member UncommonPosts: 168

Trove. Easy MMO to hop in and out of for fast fun. Have 5 minutes? Can jump in and solo a couple dungeons, or mine/craft etc.

If you feel the want to play. Sign up here:

https://trovelive.trionworlds.com/account/reg/account-registration-short-flow.action?voucherCode=W9P6MRT3JF9MWPRL37N3&request_locale=en&experience=aaf&utm_source=manual&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=ascend_invite

• VenathsVenaths Member UncommonPosts: 1
    May not be an MMOrpg, but still near, path of exile is pretty awsome, and new leagues with an expension just came out so its the best time to get started!
  • ClaiesClaies Member UncommonPosts: 76
    Originally posted by Tgiordano92

Trove. Easy MMO to hop in and out of for fast fun. Have 5 minutes? Can jump in and solo a couple dungeons, or mine/craft etc.

Good luck with that at the moment;  As it stands now, that game has 1000+ queues with wait times of more than 30 minutes, even at non peak times.  5 minutes isn't even going to get you in the game.

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Originally posted by Lithuanian

Lord of the rings online: [...]

and also Amjoco: I agree with LotRO, it's a great game too. I suggested AoC because of the melee part OP mentioned. AoC shines in melee with the combo system, while LotRO has only 2 true melee classes (+4 more mixed ones, but 2 of those are premium). AoC on the other hand has even melee healer and melee mage, beyond the usual melee classes :)

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924
    Everest 2.New server opened today