Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Derek Smart's 'New' List of Demands

Comments

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by Erillion

"Chris, in your case however, I made the exception because you’re a lying, fraudulent, egotistical, asshole who doesn’t care about the people around you"

Pissed off much he is, The Smarty !

That GamesCom demo must have really really hurt ....

But WAIT ... that was all an illusion ... we never saw nuffing ... because it was impossible ...it could never be created .... 

Derek Smart said so himself.  ;-)

Have fun

People just need to stop giving this clown any more attention.

He is getting more and more desperate. The SC presentation today at GamesCon must have really crushed his little ego.

• SmartySmartSmartySmart Member UncommonPosts: 312
    Originally posted by Jacxolope

hahahahaha- Some "conspiracies" are real. Even Government ones. (not talking about 911) and i could give a list starting even before Hitler blamed the jews for burning the riechshtag (sp?)- The people who knew the truth about that were also laughed at until History proved them right (although many were gassed and dead before the truth was known)

Anyone who thinks conspiracies never happen is far more ignorant than a person who thinks everything is a conspiracy.

I laugh thogh that you think viral marketing is a conspiracy when almost every company budgets for it..But its hard to discuss truths with cultists who want to willing keep drinking the KoolAid.

And yes- This is paid viral marketing. And you a fool or blind if you cannot see it.

Oh thank you! I´m convinced that almost everyone who does this fan made stuff is well aware of that.

And you will not call most of these people stupid... don´t you? Because some of the things these people made is quite awesome and some degree of intelligence is needed for that.

Once again... Thank You for this revelation. I´ll take your danger sign, put it here right next to me so I can see it clearly and... well it´s ok now.

People do things for FREE... because they want to.

I hope people don´t have to pay you for a smile?

And considering conspriracies. Some are interesting and a proper investigation would be appropriate... but most of them... well:

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/why-do-people-believe-in-conspiracy-theories/

• JacxolopeJacxolope Member UncommonPosts: 1,140
    Originally posted by SmartySmart

hahahahaha- Some "conspiracies" are real. Even Government ones. (not talking about 911) and i could give a list starting even before Hitler blamed the jews for burning the riechshtag (sp?)- The people who knew the truth about that were also laughed at until History proved them right (although many were gassed and dead before the truth was known)

Anyone who thinks conspiracies never happen is far more ignorant than a person who thinks everything is a conspiracy.

I laugh thogh that you think viral marketing is a conspiracy when almost every company budgets for it..But its hard to discuss truths with cultists who want to willing keep drinking the KoolAid.

And yes- This is paid viral marketing. And you a fool or blind if you cannot see it.

Oh thank you! I´m convinced that almost everyone who does this fan made stuff is well aware of that.

And you will not call most of these people stupid... don´t you? Because some of the things these people made is quite awesome and some degree of intelligence is needed for that.

Once again... Thank You for this revelation. I´ll take your danger sign, put it here right next to me so I can see it clearly and... well it´s ok now.

And considering conspriracies. Some are interesting and a proper investigation would be appropriate... but most of them... well:

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/why-do-people-believe-in-conspiracy-theories/

Oh boy- So you're right.The jews burned the riechstag... MAYBE people believe in conspiracy "theorys"because History is filled with ACTUAL conspiracies. What about the Gulf of tonkin?  Didnt happen...Only fools believe a conspiracy ever happens.

edit- yes, those who see conspiracy in everything have issues. But those denying that the government and people lie and are involved in SOME conspiracy, are even more foolish.

Anyhow-No. Alot of fans are doing alot of things from love of the 'game'-Sure.Most...Not all. I myself have fanboyed for games and pimped games... Nothing wrong with that. I dont think everyone gushingover SC is a viral marketer-Most arent,they're fans.

One is clearly a paid adbot. 

-havefun

Oh boy- So you're right.The jews burned the riechstag... MAYBE people believe in conspiracy "theorys"because History is filled with ACTUAL conspiracies. What about the Gulf of tonkin?  Didnt happen...Only fools believe a conspiracy ever happens.

Anyhow-No. Alot of fans are doing alot of things from love of the 'game'-Sure.Most...Not all. I myself have fanboyed for games and pimped games... Nothing wrong with that. I dont think everyone gushingover SC is a viral marketer-Most arent,they're fans.

-havefun

You are persistent. Interesting.

I´ve not made a statement regarding your precise conspiracy examples therefore didn´t start a discussion about the specific subjects you mentioned.

Here is some "real shit" for you:

http://www.infowars.com/33-conspiracy-theories-that-turned-out-to-be-true-what-every-person-should-know/

As said before:

Yes some actual conspiracy theories might be true, would be too awesome/gruesome to be true, would scare the shit out of people etc. but most of them are just bullshit to trick people into subliminal money spending.

Been there, done that. Therefore satisfied.

If you sense danger around every corner you live in fear. Fear controls... you know the drill.

Just be open minded and attentive.

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    Originally posted by Erillion

"Chris, in your case however, I made the exception because you’re a lying, fraudulent, egotistical, asshole who doesn’t care about the people around you"

Pissed off much he is, The Smarty !

That GamesCom demo must have really really hurt ....

But WAIT ... that was all an illusion ... we never saw nuffing ... because it was impossible ...it could never be created .... 

Derek Smart said so himself.  ;-)

Have fun

LOL...

Derek Smart now rowing back .. changed his blog post haste into:

"Chris, in your case however, I made the exception because you’re a *removed some choice descriptors here* who doesn’t care about the people around you, despite the public face you portray to the gullible cult fools who lap up your lies, hypocrisy and deceit."

Someone DID talk some sense into him. Wonders never cease. Too late, but still .....

Have fun

-havefun

You are persistent. Interesting.

I´ve not made a statement regarding your precise conspiracy examples therefore didn´t start a discussion about the specific subjects you mentioned.

Here is some "real shit" for you:

http://www.infowars.com/33-conspiracy-theories-that-turned-out-to-be-true-what-every-person-should-know/

As said before:

Yes some actual conspiracy theories might be true, would be too awesome/gruesome to be true, would scare the shit out of people etc. but most of them are just bullshit to trick people into subliminal money spending.

Been there, done that. Therefore satisfied.

If you sense danger around every corner you live in fear. Fear controls... you know the drill.

Just be open minded and attentive.

Cheers man-Interesting post.

I looked at the link and scrolled through and there is alot there ive never heard of-Will be taking my time tonight to actually read it. Thanks.

I also fully agree with the points youmake -I just brought up conspiracy because I  was called a "tin foil hatter" and my saying there are viral marketers was somehow compared to 911 in regards to it being an absurd conspiracy.

• Axllow18Axllow18 Member UncommonPosts: 400

hahahahaha- Some "conspiracies" are real. Even Government ones. (not talking about 911) and i could give a list starting even before Hitler blamed the jews for burning the riechshtag (sp?) which was actually done by the SS to cause outrage against the jews and show how evil they were.... People said "there are no conspiracies, fools" and "why would Hitler destroy his own buildings" and "idiots, he SAID it was the jews.The Government wouldnt lie"- The people who knew the truth about that were also laughed at until History proved them right (although many were gassed and dead before the truth was known)

I never said real conspiracies do not exist, I in fact used that one because it is an example of a debunked conspiracy.

Once again, never said they don't. Soooo.... Point?

I also never said that viral marketing wasn't a thing either. You really don't understand the concept of skepticism do you?

I don't think RSI is paying the Erillion guy, I see no reason to believe they are. You are the one who is making a claim and I am simply dismissing it due to lack of evidence. No need to get so offended.

Evidence?

Saying: "You are a fool for not seeing it!!!!1111", is not evidence either. It is simply another claim.

Originally posted by Axllow18

May I ask you to take a look at all the stuff fans have done? For free? Because they believe and support this game development. You definitely have seen fan made stuff before. There are whole communities surrounding Star Citizen.

Seen it, what is the point?

Sneak peak:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/citizens

And thats only what´s has been gathered infrequently from CIG from time to time. Soon a new section for fan made stuff will be added to the RSI page.

They is a ton of stuff in the forums and around the web.

Ooooooookay?

So please... any of you guys who are critical towards Star Citizen.

YES I completely understand that you raise an eyebrow and critical questions. But do your research first.... please.

What is even going on with this post?

hahahahaha- Some "conspiracies" are real. Even Government ones. (not talking about 911) and i could give a list starting even before Hitler blamed the jews for burning the riechshtag (sp?) which was actually done by the SS to cause outrage against the jews and show how evil they were.... People said "there are no conspiracies, fools" and "why would Hitler destroy his own buildings" and "idiots, he SAID it was the jews.The Government wouldnt lie"- The people who knew the truth about that were also laughed at until History proved them right (although many were gassed and dead before the truth was known)

I never said real conspiracies do not exist, I in fact used that one because it is an example of a debunked conspiracy.

Once again, never said they don't. Soooo.... Point?

I also never said that viral marketing wasn't a thing either. You really don't understand the concept of skepticism do you?

I don't think RSI is paying the Erillion guy, I see no reason to believe they are. You are the one who is making a claim and I am simply dismissing it due to lack of evidence. No need to get so offended.

Evidence?

Saying: "You are a fool for not seeing it!!!!1111", is not evidence either. It is simply another claim.

I dont usually say 11111 after a sentencebut ...Okay =)

And yes, you are a fool for not seeing that my claim is true. Since SC isnt making their financials public that im aware of, releasing payroll and such-Its going to be hard to give you evidence. Kind of like how its difficult to get any evidence about where the KS money is going and yet fans are POSITIVE its all being used wisely.And will argue the point.

Once again, I'm neutral about SC.I imagine it will be a trainwreck but I dont know, dont really care and actually hope it works out well . What I can say, is that its the cult mentality of fans that is most off putting.

regardless, there is a paid adbot whos been going crazy on this forum since SC was being kickstarted. Even if I was a huge fan I would be able to see this. 111111111. (I added the 111111's for you.)

-Have fun

May I ask you to take a look at all the stuff fans have done? For free? Because they believe and support this game development. You definitely have seen fan made stuff before. There are whole communities surrounding Star Citizen.

Seen it, what is the point?

Sneak peak:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/citizens

And thats only what´s has been gathered infrequently from CIG from time to time. Soon a new section for fan made stuff will be added to the RSI page.

They is a ton of stuff in the forums and around the web.

Ooooooookay?

So please... any of you guys who are critical towards Star Citizen.

YES I completely understand that you raise an eyebrow and critical questions. But do your research first.... please.

What is even going on with this post?

I have to apologize to you. I edited the wrong parts out of the quotes.... my bad sorry.

This wasn´t meant for you but for a part that Jacxolope wrote. But that has been resolved already.

Can't a man have a bit of.... FUN?

And yes, you are a fool for not seeing that my claim is true. Since SC isnt making their financials public that im aware of, releasing payroll and such-Its going to be hard to give you evidence. Kind of like how its difficult to get any evidence about where the KS money is going and yet fans are POSITIVE its all being used wisely.And will argue the point.

So no evidence just conjecture and assumptions. I'd say I was surprised but I'd be lying.

Once again, I'm neutral about SC.I imagine it will be a trainwreck but I dont know, dont really care and actually hope it works out well . What I can say, is that its the cult mentality of fans that is most off putting.

I am also neutral however I don't go around accusing people of being paid shills without proof. I will agree that rabid fanboys can be quite annoying, but what I find just as annoying is people who throw around accusations and insults without being able to back up their claims.

regardless, there is a paid adbot whos been going crazy on this forum since SC was being kickstarted. Even if I was a huge fan I would be able to see this. 111111111. (I added the 111111's for you.)

Thank you for the 1's, though you still did it wrong so I am less impressed than I feel I should have been. It is definitely infinitely more impressive than your ability to defend your wild accusations.

-Have fun

Oh I am. I am.

Can't a man have a bit of.... FUN?

So no evidence just conjecture and assumptions. I'd say I was surprised but I'd be lying.

I am also neutral however I don't go around accusing people of being paid shills without proof. I will agree that rabid fanboys can be quite annoying, but what I find just as annoying is people who throw around accusations and insults without being able to back up their claims.

Thank you for the 1's, though you still did it wrong so I am less impressed than I feel I should have been. It is definitely infinitely more impressive than your ability to defend your wild accusations.

-Have fun

Oh I am. I am.

No evidence- Nope,just like no evidence of where the money is going in relation to the"game".

We are all having fun , but some are having paid fun. =)

-Have fun

No evidence- Nope,just like no evidence of where the money is going in relation to the"game".

-Have fun

You get paid to do this?

Damn am I in the wrong business. I've been doing this shit for free this whole time. D:

-Have fun

You get paid to do this?

Damn am I in the wrong business. I've been doing this shit for free this whole time. D:

Sure, everyone who says anything negative about SC or even hints negativity is- You';re on the wrong side bro... Join us. Come to the dark side. Free hookers too (but they arent that hot, you'll still need to pay a nominal fee for an upgrade) and stock options once we take down SC . =P

-have fun

-Have fun

Also... no evidence. I am convinced that CIG is spending the money more efficiently than majority of game devs. Yes some money has to be invested into R&D and therefore might be spend without the desired results.

It´s also far fetched (from a profesional business POV) that people accuse CIG of having "paid fun". I really ask myself in which world such people live. There is so much scam out there that is right in front of peoples eyes but they point at something they don´t understand but can put easy accusations on.

Why not just look into a subject for real instead of selective perception.

But back to topic.

Mr. Smart is so rich as he wrote in his blog. Now should be more clear why he gives almost a shit about LoD. Well he is working on it now because of the circumstances but it was laying waste for too long periods.

That man is having paid fun. Investment paid lay back fun. He did it right... referring to his money. Everything else is because of his money.

• dsmartdsmart Member UncommonPosts: 386

How come this thread is still going?

Anyway, I watched the entire gamescom presentation and my thoughts are summarized in this new blog.

I will elaborate some more in a later blog once I've managed to collect my thoughts and committed them to paper.  I will do my best to be unbiased. But there was nothing - absolutely nothing - in this demo that's groundbreaking or which hasn't been done before by myself or others.

But basically, as a hardcore backer, I would be impressed by what I saw today. As a sensible backer - or just and onlooker on the fence - I would have a lot of questions.

As a gamedev, I'm going to say it again: no way this game sees the light of day with this direction.

Game developers are just human beings who happen to make games for a living.
    If you want to hold us up to higher standards of conduct, then go ahead
    ...but don't be surprised if we don't uphold them.

Originally posted by dsmart

How come this thread is still going?

Anyway, I watched the entire gamescom presentation and my thoughts are summarized in this new blog.

I will elaborate some more in a later blog once I've managed to collect my thoughts and committed them to paper.  I will do my best to be unbiased. But there was nothing - absolutely nothing - in this demo that's groundbreaking or which hasn't been done before by myself or others.

But basically, as a hardcore backer, I would be impressed by what I saw today. As a sensible backer - or just and onlooker on the fence - I would have a lot of questions.

As a gamedev, I'm going to say it again: no way this game sees the light of day with this direction.

Finally you are back. Missed you somehow as you banned me in the Steam forum sadly.

It´s somehow like with Bill O`Reilly. Everone rolls his eyes when he rants and lies and just talks shit but it´s amusing to see how... well what an asshole he is. And when someone with a certain brainpower (and self esteem) puts him in his corner he:

a) flips out

b) or says that he never said what he said before (and people are able to PROOF that he said it)

Show us were you have already done what was shown to us during the presentation today.

Proof Mr. Smart... proof and facts (not the ones created in your reality) is all that counts.

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law.

And you say alot.

He is in rage once again. He really needs this for his ego.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2015/08/interstellar-raiders/

I can understand his anger. Definitely not from his POV but from a psychological.

He can persue in life what he wants but all this anger / grudge / deviousness is irritating for people who follow him a bit. I guess it partly comes from becoming rich due to clever investments and living the cool life. I don´t wanna touch the depth psychology but...

Do you know the feeling when someone comes into a room or talks to you and you feel kind of strange or even intimidated (depending on the level of self esteem)?

Why does he describe himself in this blog? Why does he project his behavior and attitude on CR?

Just by following (and investigating) both records (DS and CR) one must be blind not to see how different both are. 

Yes there are people who think people like DS are cool, that they talk the real shit and that they bring it.

*fake yawn* No please... that´s just dazzler behavior for the public and for ego boosting.

I know such people but most of them have changed for the better because they fell hard or were able (the least) to listen to others.

Derek has a big ass pillow and fears no consequences (but threatening others with banning, sueing, insulting) and lashes out when he feels his ego is attacked.

DS self esteem is not as high as might be suggested.

People with high self esteem just don´t act like that.

I also will quote myself (you are the best in this event) what I think about... well this thing... here... that...

-Have fun

Also... no evidence. I am convinced that CIG is spending the money more efficiently than majority of game devs. Yes some money has to be invested into R&D and therefore might be spend without the desired results.

It´s also far fetched (from a profesional business POV) that people accuse CIG of having "paid fun". I really ask myself in which world such people live. There is so much scam out there that is right in front of peoples eyes but they point at something they don´t understand but can put easy accusations on.

Why not just look into a subject for real instead of selective perception.

But back to topic.

Mr. Smart is so rich as he wrote in his blog. Now should be more clear why he gives almost a shit about LoD. Well he is working on it now because of the circumstances but it was laying waste for too long periods.

That man is having paid fun. Investment paid lay back fun. He did it right... referring to his money. Everything else is because of his money.

So you're convinced by the guy who took your money and has everything to lose and no evidence? Has a reason to be untruthful? Not that i'm saying he IS, just that the absence of any evidence that the money is being used properly, without nepotism, etc... Should at least be something to consider.

But not convinced by whats in front of your eyes. Dont even question...Just listen...and...believe....

I'll reiterate my point. There is a paid poster which possibly could relate to a paid hate campaign. We have went past the point of viral marketing and into something which is questionable.  Discerning folks will see this regardless of what 'side" you are allied with. 

SC fans will shield the precious at all costs even to willing blind themselves from what is pretty damn clear. 

Notice, I never said who it was but someone pointed out a name (to say they werent-) which means some people knew who they thought I was talking about, right away.

-Have fun

Sure, everyone who says anything negative about SC or even hints negativity is- You';re on the wrong side bro... Join us. Come to the dark side. Free hookers too (but they arent that hot, you'll still need to pay a nominal fee for an upgrade) and stock options once we take down SC . =P

-have fun

I am beginning to think satire is not your strong suit; at least not the ability to identify it lol.

Wait, weren't you just neutral like two posts ago? Jesus man that was a faster fall to the dark side than Anakin Skywalker.

Also I have EXTREMELY high standards when it comes to hookers. :P

• dsmartdsmart Member UncommonPosts: 386

I have all of them blocked, and I don't even click to read their posts. But I noticed in his excerpts that I am "now" working on LOD after it has been "laying waste for too long periods"?

Is he high?

Here is the ENTER changelog for the game.

Game developers are just human beings who happen to make games for a living.
    If you want to hold us up to higher standards of conduct, then go ahead
    ...but don't be surprised if we don't uphold them.

• TswordZTswordZ Member UncommonPosts: 66

So, if I understood correctly, there are 1 person paid for CIG person who post news about Star Citizen and a lot of paid persons (from other companies maybe?) who post against the game, bashing it and trying to bring doubts and misinformation.

Interesting, so... it would be EA that is afraid of CIG? Conspiracies!

Whatever, even if they do, the marketing costs are really low compared to other companies. And BTW, the fans speaks for free, as well as the haters. Or maybe it's true that the haters are paid?

-have fun

I am beginning to think satire is not your strong suit; at least not the ability to identify it lol.

Wait, weren't you just neutral like two posts ago? Jesus man that was a faster fall to the dark side than Anakin Skywalker.

Also I have EXTREMELY high standards when it comes to hookers. :P

Satire is not my strong suit (you would be totally correct)-

'Im still neutral. I havnt swayed from my position.  Look at my post history, I hardly ever discuss SC, nor have I until Derek Smarts article (which raises some good questions imho) and even then, I hardly even talk about SC. The fans are terrible (no offense ,honestly- I dont mean individually but as a collective)  and unless you are gushing over SC you are not welcome to the club (which is very much cult-like imho)

I'm still neutral on the game. I dont hate it. I would play it-I just dont think its going to come out well- I DO think this was a huge cash grab and the greed going on behind the scenes is a AAA publishers wet dream.

BUT- I'm still neutral.I hope i'm wrong. I havnt "hated"on Sc in any way, shape or form (that I can remember doing)

And you will pay for those high standards.Visa , AMEX, mastercard or paypal pls. =P (yeah , I know-Satire is not my strong suit , lol)

-have fun

Originally posted by TswordZ

So, if I understood correctly, there are 1 person paid for CIG person who post news about Star Citizen and a lot of paid persons (from other companies maybe?) who post against the game, bashing it and trying to bring doubts and misinformation.

Interesting, so... it would be EA that is afraid of CIG? Conspiracies!

Whatever, even if they do, the marketing costs are really low compared to other companies. And BTW, the fans speaks for free, as well as the haters. Or maybe it's true that the haters are paid?

Yes the fans speak free.

But in your midst there is a paid adbot who is now on a hate campaign. 

-have fun

EDIT- I now have some information which seems quite valid. last time I heard rumors such as this ,the whole "greed Monger" fiasco took place. I'll be thinking long and hard as to what to do here- I will again say,I have no real issue with SC nor its tactics for creating hype. A paid hate campaign that is designed to look organic is something different.

Y'all can take what I say as truth or not- But I 'm batting 1000 at this point. 

Originally posted by dsmart

I have all of them blocked, and I don't even click to read their posts. But I noticed in his excerpts that I am "now" working on LOD after it has been "laying waste for too long periods"?

Is he high?

Here is the ENTER changelog for the game.

Blabla... blocked them all.

Yet you can see what I wrote. Always good to have alt-accounts hm? As told before I do not take drugs. But I could ask you the same.

Funny that you only react to one thing that is attackable. But where is the rest of the changelogs? I can only see until:

Build 00.09.02.03 | 14-09-15

Where is the rest?

Also I made more assumptions that should be open for your attacks Mr. "I have not time taking photos (or videos) of my rig because I build LoD... (some time later) here is my (poser) work space." Smart. But you have so much time writing in forums and writing awkward blogs.