Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen - How Satisfied are you as a Star Citizen? (poll results 17thJuly2015)

ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,295

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/272061/how-satisfied-are-you-as-a-star-citizen#latest

Star Citizen Satisfaction (457 votes at the time of writing)

71,55 % positive

8,75 %   neutral

19,7 %    negative

How Satisfied are you as a Star Citizen?   (457 votes at the time of writing)

Have fun

Comments

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,295

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/115320/

And another    (390 votes)

Very satisfied      43,85 %

Satisfied              48,97 %

Dissatisfied          4,87 %

Very dissatisfied  2,31 %

Have fun

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,056
    As a very dissatisfied customer I have not been on those forums in months....so I missed the poll. Wonder how many more there are like me? Looks like a fanboy poll to me.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Bumping his own thread because no one is interested lol. 

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

Naturally, the results of the poll will be dismissed by most people who find the outcome doesn't support their particular view.

Terms like rigged, faked, hacked, spammed, etc. will be used in abundance by whichever "side" loses, lol.

Originally posted by Viper482
    As a very dissatisfied customer I have not been on those forums in months....so I missed the poll. Wonder how many more there are like me? Looks like a fanboy poll to me.

Funny enough .. the forum users seem to assume that the poll is biased towards those who are dissatisfied.

E.g. one user writes

"This is subject to poll bias. Only the active forum members will vote, and those who see themselves as upset are more likely to vote. A well established principle from business, to politics, to anything.

So positive results here speak VOLUMES towards the community at large. Since you'll get most of the negative feelings responding and the silent majority not."

Have fun

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

same here ,   seems there are left only hard core fanboyz  &  naive peoples who donate thousand dolars

• rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502

Sample size 390

Backer size 925,183

okay.

Originally posted by rpmcmurphy

Sample size 390

Backer size 925,183

okay.

Typical political vote phone poll:

Sample size = 1000

Number of people in a country = 8 Million

Poll results = typically accurate to 3 %

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion_poll

"Others suggest that a poll with a random sample of 1,000 people has margin of sampling error of 3% for the estimated percentage of the whole population."

Have fun

Blergh. Did you see the polls for the run-up to the UK election in May? Did you see the results of the election?

I dare anyone to look at them and say with a straight face that polls are any sort of representation of the common viewpoint.

---

Lets play it another way.

How many ships do you own? https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/266621/how-many-ships-do-you-own

37.30% of the voters own 7 or more ships, is that somehow representative?

Interesting.  Thank you for the link.

1 Ship    13,64 %  (<--Me)

2 Ships  13,51 %

3 Ships   11,73 %

4 ships      9,28 %

5 Ships      8,05 %

6 ships      6,55 %

7+ ships  37,24 %  (<-- includes everyone who has a ship bundle)

I can only speak for those backers i know - a reason for these numbers might be:

a) Quite a few Organisations have bought ship bundles for their membership (including capital ships)

b) During that 25 $ Aurora Sale during X-Mas many players I known of bought additional small ship packages for their friends/children/spouse/org-mates/etc.. Basically for those people less interested in being a pilot/captain and more interested in being a crew member or marine.

Have fun

• MightykingMightyking Member UncommonPosts: 235

Meanwhile over on the www.ihatestarcitizen.com website 100% of the people chose very dissatisfied.

If the devs were to offer a poll like this what would be the outcome. 

We are offering a one time refund for all donates. 

Who would like a full refund. 

Who would like things to stay as they are. 

I guarantee the poll results would look a lot different from the above results. 

Originally posted by SavageHorizon

Go ahead - post on the Star Citizen forum and start  that poll.

Have fun

Originally posted by Erillion

Have fun

No point it would have to come from the devs. A forum member just running poll is pointless because they are I have no position to actually execute the results. 

Please define "execute the results" ?!

In a poll you ask people about their opinion. Anyone can do that. You do not have to be a developer.

But i guess what you mean is :  Everybody that votes "Yey, i want my money back" should automatically get their money back by the devs. Which is not a poll but an automated cancellation form. Which wont happen.Not the least because at least 3/4th of the community are against it (see previous poll quoted yesterday).

Have fun

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610

Gamers upset and ranting on the internet, shocked! Have to say I didnt see that coming.

/sarcasm off

Where do people get the energy to be so negative all the time? 

• laxielaxie Member RarePosts: 1,118

Have to agree with you.

People who will vote in any sort of poll on the RSI website are those who are actively participating in the community (or at least visiting the forums).

Majority of the playerbase won't visit the forums. It is also likely that backers who are not extremely happy / somewhat dissatisfied won't be following the project actively. So this poll is mainly representative of those who are still following the project actively.

• laxielaxie Member RarePosts: 1,118
    Originally posted by rpmcmurphy

How many ships do you own? https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/266621/how-many-ships-do-you-own

37.30% of the voters own 7 or more ships, is that somehow representative?

Really interesting. Makes you see how specific the community on the RSI forums is.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000

Funny enough .. the forum users seem to assume that the poll is biased towards those who are dissatisfied.

E.g. one user writes

"This is subject to poll bias. Only the active forum members will vote, and those who see themselves as upset are more likely to vote. A well established principle from business, to politics, to anything.

So positive results here speak VOLUMES towards the community at large. Since you'll get most of the negative feelings responding and the silent majority not."

Have fun

That's not true as white knights can easily rally the players to contact others to vote and even go on other sites to let them know about the voting.  Not to mention staff who contact friends to vote, it stands to reason people who have more invested in the outcome will do more to make sure that outcome is achieved.

It's really hard to go by open poles as people have been willing to create multiple accounts just to vote, not saying this is the case but it is possible.  The bottom line will always be how the game does after launch until then everything is just speculation.

My only feelings in general is that I won't spend a ton of money on an investment until I'm sure it's something I'm interested in.  This project is still to new to tell.  It can still go through a lot of changes and end up a very different game from what is being proposed.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• WarleyWarley Member UncommonPosts: 508

The sample size is large enough to get an adequate idea of the overall satisfaction. Furthermore, history has shown the most vocal part of a community that has complaints about a MMO generally has the largest percentage of its base posting on forums and communication channels.

So, I'm willing to bet that if all backers participated in the poll the percentages would swing even more in favor of satisfied.

You know why? Because, with just a little bit of research I've been able to find a ton of stuff that CIG has shared with the backers ; their participation with the community; and how backers are obviously already having fun with what CIG has shared so far of the project. Here's an example:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Arena+Commander

Originally posted by Warley

The sample size is large enough to get an adequate idea of the overall satisfaction. Furthermore, history has shown the most vocal part of a community that has complaints about a MMO generally has the largest percentage of its base posting on forums and communication channels.

So, I'm willing to bet that if all backers participated in the poll the percentages would swing even more in favor of satisfied.

You know why? Because, with just a little bit of research I've been able to find a ton of stuff that CIG has shared with the backers ; their participation with the community; and how backers are obviously already having fun with what CIG has shared so far of the project. Here's an example:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Arena+Commander

I don't feel that notion applies at this stage of the game's life. Currently people are waiting to receive a product and probably not even interested in alpha or beta testing, thus no need to offer feedback.

The forums are currently nothing more than a discussion board for like-minded people enthuiastic about what Star Citizen may offer, so in many respects, an echo chamber. After SQ42 is released to everybody it changes things from being represented by a clique to a proper demographic.

• ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933

As a satisfied customer i have not been on those forums in months...so i missed the poll. Wonder how many more there are like me? Looks like a hater response to me. 

Btw, both polls are still active. All you have to do is log in and vote. 

Another interesting poll:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/239006/star-citizen-detailed-finance-information-to-backers

"backers of the game should have access to CIG Semi-detailed Finances ?"  (141 votes)

Yes  17,02 %

No   82,98 %

Have fun

• jcrg99jcrg99 Member UncommonPosts: 723

Have fun

Most of the forum people are just fanboys. So make whatever poll there is meaningless.

The only polls with some "value" is in terms of selling things, because then, those who are there are those who usually spend more money.

But in terms of customer satisfaction, and similar issues, is meaningless. Always will be very few votes and fanboy bias.

• jcrg99jcrg99 Member UncommonPosts: 723

Another interesting poll:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/239006/star-citizen-detailed-finance-information-to-backers

"backers of the game should have access to CIG Semi-detailed Finances ?"  (141 votes)

Yes  17,02 %

No   82,98 %

Have fun

Once again... another meaningless poll.