Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CEO claims frustration that "there doesn't seem to be any way to review the game objectively"

123457»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • BluddwolfBluddwolf Member UncommonPosts: 355
    I think the biggest problem with this game is that Kickstarter backers such as myself that put in a good chunk of change in the campaign are forced to pay $15 a month while its being developed.  They are basically getting people to pay to be testers.  After all of the other MMOs over the past 10 years that I've Beta Tested, at no time did I have to pay a monthly fee until the day it was released.  This has become a joke and I quit playing it when they started asking me for more money.   We as a community have allowed this to happen because people can't wait for a product to be finished and pursue being Beta Testers so they can brag to their friends they were in the Beta.  In this case, its still ALPHA!  It's a real mess of a game.  They aren't going to get a good review until they change their mindset and processes and ask the press to review a final product.  They got what they deserved and frankly I think a 4.5 out of 10 was generous at this stage of the game.

Unfortunately that boat has sailed.  I don't know who's idea it was to start Early Enrollment when they did, or to use the business model that they did, it turned out to be bad advice.  

Unfortunately Paizo was pitched a proposal for an MMO by someone who knows very little about the MMO market.  No, being able to spout off data about the market is not the same thing as knowing the market.  It took them months to realize how much the box price + subscription + item shop was hurting their reputation and their subscription numbers.  

It took Ryan weeks to figure out, if he ever did, that playing word games was not going to pull the wool over the eyes of the average consumer in the MMO market.

PFO is and has always been a paid beta test since January 2015, when it launched as Early Enrollment.  

But I will reiterate, with Ryan Dancey gone, and under Lisa Stevens' leadership the game does have a chance to turn things around.  I have a long term subscription prepaid anyway, so I'm in it until the doors close.  Maybe a decent game can still be salvaged out of all of this, in similar fashion that Age of Conan and Darkfall Unholy Wars had gotten a second wind.   

Played: E&B, SWG, Eve, WoW, COH, WAR, POTBS, AOC, LOTRO, AUTO.A, AO, FE, TR, WWII, MWO, TSW, SWTOR, GW2, NWO, WoP, RUST, LIF, SOA, MORTAL, DFUW, AA, TF, PFO, ALBO, and many many others....

• BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,768
    Vanguard 2

Stick a fork in it now, there is no point in carrying on here.

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

• lobotarulobotaru Member UncommonPosts: 165
    edited September 2015
    I'm genuinely confused as to what he is asking others to do. A reviewer reviews a game based on how it plays, not what it could become in the future. Reviewers do not review how a developer develops a game. They review the product in its current state. 
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited September 2015
    I feel frustration was an accurate statement but what the game was trying to do and actually did are two different things.
    idk even how to use the right words but to me the game is just too generic,it leaves nothing to excitement or intrigue.Games like that get boring and real quick because most of us have played everything under the sun by now.

I like to point to an example of pvp games.They will tell us how they are doing pvp different but in the end it is still a very shallow pvp game and nothing more.The same goes for most all of the PVE games,they can hype their own game up till their blue in the face but if all you offer is levels/bosses and raids i am not interested.

To me the best game design is already here and nothing else is as good but that game design is no where near where i want it to be.I have been waiting for a developer to come along,take those initial great ideas and expand on a similar game and so far nobody has come even remotely close to making a game i would give more than a 5/10.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530
    There's no money in objectivity in reviews.