Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Healer query

dzonesdzones Member UncommonPosts: 121

Looking to try this game out now since I bought a collector edition back in 2011 or so and never really did anything but make a level 3 toon lol. So basically I am new at this game.

I typically like to play a healing role in MMO's and would probably want to do the same in this one. What viable options would I have should I choose the imperial side? (always been a horde type player).

Is healing even fun in this game if I don't plan to PVP?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Comments

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by Gorwe

Imperial agent: Operative -> Medicine. Some would say that this is the most underperforming discipline in the game. I'd say fk them! Sure it's not at the ridiculous pre 3,0 levels, but it's fully viable. This one uses rather mobile Healing due to 50% of your Healing being over time. You also have to manage a special resource. Leveling is more than fine due to your first two companions being a tank and a mdps.

They also have the added benefit of stealth and some good CCs.

When things get too hard, or you know you'll be facing some tough opponents you can just focus fire on one of them and then ninja vanish to recuperate and return to finish the others a moment later. (You won't be doing this for normal fights, but it can be very useful when you're trying solo heroic content)

And you can always use it to sneak by mobs and go straight for the objectives too of course. image

Operatives are a very versatile class.

Only thing I had to add to Gorwe's excellent review! Have fun indeed!

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• dzonesdzones Member UncommonPosts: 121

Guys thanks a TON for this great info. I am pretty excited to start playing tonight now knowing these options for healing sound this fun.

WOOT!