Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Skyforge got boring real fast!

Comments

• VicodinTacoVicodinTaco Member UncommonPosts: 804
    Originally posted by Wizardry
    Originally posted by Oxtrom

Wow, i was so not expecting to get bored of skyforge in just 5 hours of gameplay. 

What a freaking shame i was expecting a good game, but what i saw from open beta was an action combat that for the first hour was entertaining but after that i just became incredibly dull, i did try other classes but  they all have the same feel and get boring  very fast.

Not to speak about the huuuuge grinder this game is.

Anyone feels like this after playing the game?

This game offers nothing unique and what it does offer is bad,just reminds me of the shallow game design of Moba's and Diablo's and POE's.

DOTA 2 and Path of Exile = shallow game design

TROLLLOLOLOLOL

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    I wanted this game to last for a couple months at most, but i'm not sure i'll last a week.  I'm not liking the combat, user-interface, and the lobby nature of the game.  I just prefer open-world environments more.  Despite the hate that Archeage gets, its world is seamless and more immersive.
  • Quazal.AQuazal.A Member UncommonPosts: 859

Ok

Im not here to either defend or slate the game, ive been playing for about 4-5 hours yesterday and upto about 700 prestige, however, what i cannot stand is the constant need to slate or whine about games on this forum

Dont know what created such a negative outlook on games , but lets look this game 

Game is free - Check

Does it fill time - Check

is it fairly polished - Check

Is it Beta - Check

Cash Shop - Not sure, but if it is then i haven't seen it, which given the state of some F2P games this is rare.

Not sure what people expect from a game that basically requires $0.00 / £0.00 etc, but i can guarantee it will not be the newest , most uber, completly different style,  If you want that then i suggest stop being so tight and go spend some cash on a game and not expect the f2p games to meet your (unrealistic) expectations.

This game is what it is, lobby styled mmo, with various areas where i can hit a few buttons, kill things, and get to know a few guys and have a laugh for a few hours a night.

And as for comparison the closest game i can think of is TSW , its definatly not a warcraft clone, but either just enjoy the game  or dont enjoy it and quit the game and whining.

Finally, for record i think its an ok game, something in the 6.5-7.5 / 10 range, nice little game to paly whilst i sit in EvE doing what i do in EvE and if it continues to be free then ill be happily in game for a while yet, heck i dont even mind dropping a few pennies here and there for some cosmetics or bonus items. but thats for another day.

This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game where of course you're welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
    Use this code for 21days trial in eve online https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    Problem with people is that they overplay these types of games. You need to play this in short sessions not play it to death then come here and whine. The game is in my opinion not like SWTOR where the story is fascinating or like WoW where the world is alive and engaging it is a simple lobby game. Play it in short bursts and it will last longer.

• JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353

I complain because games always lack something very significant these days.

It's either;

P2W or cash-shop intensive. (Archeage)

Too grindy for people who don't have maybe that much time to devote to a single game. (Aion, ESO)

Not enough Freedom of choice or very linear questing. (Any themepark)

Nothing new. (World of Warcraft)

Single Player/hub based. (Skyforge, Neverwinter)

Action combat with limited abilities. (GW2, Wildstar)

Boring uninspired PvP (Rift, FFXIV)

If there was a game that didn't include any of the problems mentioned, I would play it.

Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • carotidcarotid Member UncommonPosts: 425
    Originally posted by TheOctagon

Well.

The game doesn't really begin until you have about 2000 prestige. Anything less than that and your still in the training wheels stage. Hell, PvP doesn't even get good until then. You don't have enough attacks to chain to make it any fun.

Probably a good thing you guys quit while you did..XD

I love the 'If it didn't take so long to get new classes.' comment. It takes about two weeks of casual grinding as a FTP. Premiums in about half that time. Sorry its not instantaneous enough for you.

You should probably go grind your other MMO now...

In red----> This stupid mindset is what is wrong with games today. Why can't games start the second you enter the world. Especially during the tutorial.

• HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    All mmo's have grind. But this is the first one where you have to grind to play a class you wanted to play from the beginning. This is going hurt the game in the long run. It will be a login game for 20 minutes tops. Who ever thought this was a good idea is an idiot.
  • AdonanAdonan Member Posts: 6

I probably wouldn't mind the grind if I could choose the class I started with. Being forced to use a class you don't find interesting to get to a class you do is not a good thing. It's my understanding the Monk takes three weeks to unlock and the Kinetic takes one. I'll be able to get the Kinetic first, but since the classes share Sparks it'll still take about three weeks to get the Monk. I'm not even sure about the Gunner and Alchemist. All in all, I think it may take me around two months of grinding just to have access to four of the fifteen classes in this game. If I were able to start with the Monk or Kinetic I would at least have fun grinding whilst throwing rocks at my enemy or beating them with my staff. They could at least make it easier to unlock a class in this game.

Overall, the game isn't too bad. The story so far is okay and I like the flashy nature of combat. The only thing holding this title back, in my opinion, is the grind for classes of all things.

• GiffenGiffen Member UncommonPosts: 276
    Yeah I have no idea why they don't let you pick any class you want to start and then you just unlock all the other classes as you go.  Doesn't seem like a smart decision if you ask me.
    I'm actually going to try and keep going for the Kinetic, but I don't know how long my patience with the Paladin and Cryomancer will last.
  • ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351

Watched a few videos on this game before giving it a go, was suckered in by the promises that the story is great, oohh, look, everything is voice acted....what they don't tell you is it's badly voice acted, the characters lack character which inevitably means no-one gives a crap about them as they are instantly forgettable.

The world is hilarous, it's all aimed at being familiar because everything is stolen from other games/IP's/movies, there is nothing even remotely original at all anywhere in this game and it's loosely stuck together with the weakest of narrative glue available.

Just another JRPG Farmville-style-time-sink-cash-grab grind fest, combat was fun for a few hours, but even that gets really boring really fast.

Such a shame as they have put some real effort into the visuals, why, oh why, did they waste it on this garbage.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919

Adonan by playing both the paladin and cryomancer you are slowing yourself down .The stats you accumulate while playing one of them will be enough to get you to your goal. The way to play is to concentrate on one class not spread yourself too thin and gimp yourself and end up earning even less to open abilities and talents for your choice of class in the end.

I like the way you earn the progression on the Atlas and I have not found myself grinding the same stuff at all perhaps at most may be 3 times I repeated a map. Considering how many times while playing FFXIV ARR I ran the same dungeons over and over until I was sick of it. Some as many as 50 times. When I was farming my shiny metallic robe in EQ I spent a few months in Guk everyday . Now that was bad,this game not even close.

I know this. As soon as I realized the classes don't share Sparks I knew it would be best to choose a main, but I find both so boring that I was indecisive about which one I wanted to focus on for a while. In the end I decided to go Cryomancer. At any rate, I just unlocked the upper portion of the Atlas and found out how expensive these nodes are going to become so I think I'll stop here. Not only are the nodes expensive, but the Kinetic seems like it's a ways off from the Cryomancer's part of the tree. It seems like this may take more than a week, but I could be wrong.
  • QuesaQuesa Member UncommonPosts: 1,432

I was playing the buffing role, or whatever they call it, and I couldn't get around how awkward it was to swap between friendly/hostile targeting using the 'T' key with no indicator on what mode I was in.

I found the game quite boring only after the first 30-40 minutes...no real depth, all instanced.  I love being a healer or utility (buff/debuff) class and I just didn't find that in Skyforge.  

Star Citizen Referral Code: STAR-DPBM-Z2P4
  • psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640

LAG!

For me the only frustration I am having is the horrible lag.. in a an action reaction game where you have to move to live, lag is death.

The thousands of lag deaths last night got very old very quickly.

Even the queue last night was not horrible, I logged on at 784 and was in the game in under 3 minutes.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Haven't tried the game myself, but, i did watch Angry Joe playing the game in one of his Youbute video's, he seemed to like it, but, tbh, i thought it was a bit boring looking. Of course watching a youtube video of a game isn't totally informative, but, i think i saw enough to know that the game is not something i would be interested in looking into further. image
  • psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
    Originally posted by Quesa

I was playing the buffing role, or whatever they call it, and I couldn't get around how awkward it was to swap between friendly/hostile targeting using the 'T' key with no indicator on what mode I was in.

I found the game quite boring only after the first 30-40 minutes...no real depth, all instanced.  I love being a healer or utility (buff/debuff) class and I just didn't find that in Skyforge.  

I play a lightbender as well, and totally different experience. 

I HATE playing the healer in any other game and will never roll a priest type. In Skyforge I am constantly told I am the best they have played with.

Should note my LB is at 92% completion, all those extra skills and abilities make a huge difference.

• unfilteredJWunfilteredJW Member RarePosts: 388
    Originally posted by Adonan
    I'm actually going to try and keep going for the Kinetic, but I don't know how long my patience with the Paladin and Cryomancer will last.

I grabbed Kinetic last night and it's so visually appealing for me. Once I picked up a few abilities it was fun.

People are knocking this game, but that last word in my sentence is all that matters to me.

My biggest issue is I picked this up at the same time as Marvel Heroes and I really wish I had more free time.

I'm a MUDder. I play MUDs.

Current: Dragonrealms

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Originally posted by JDis25

I complain because games always lack something very significant these days.

It's either;

Too grindy for people who don't have maybe that much time to devote to a single game. (Aion, ESO)

If there was a game that didn't include any of the problems mentioned, I would play it.

Yet you still play them.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

I also expected it to be fun from what I could tell by using the training simulator in the Observatory. I would have chosen the Kinetic first, then gone for the Monk if I had the choice.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    This is like those arcade games that you used to play for hours to get the top score.  Same content over and over again played everyday for months until something better came out.  Except they made this into an MMO. 

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

you don't like it? fine, leave it. 

seriously, i am so sick of people asking "how to unlock classes" or "what's up with those followers an adepts!?".

you got bored by a game in early game already? assumption: it's not meant for you.

i really enjoy playing skyforge atm, unlocking new skills and talents for my class, leveling through new inis and areas.

seeing all those points mentioned above, all i can think of is a spoiled chiled crying over everything and everyone bc they can't entertain em.

seriously, 

you guys must be fucking kidding :)

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• steelslingasteelslinga Member UncommonPosts: 25

i'm finding this game rather boring also.. I played solid for the 1st few days , told friends about it ... then I noticed I was just repeating everything over and over.

I focused on lightbinder as I always play a support class online. it's at the point I am fighting groups of mobs and panning my camera around at the same time watching others fight near me...click this click that push v then c then right click... loot.

I am at the same point less than a week in that I am at with firefall being a founder right from the start... play and hour.. lose my mind due to being bored beyond belief and log out.

repetitive kill quests.... no ty.

this game brings nothing new to the table and should remove the "next Gen" from their advertising along with "mmorpg"

I see this game crapping out fast, which is too bad... like most of you i'm sure we were all looking forward to something "new"

• Cybersig211Cybersig211 Member UncommonPosts: 173

I find it interesting that had they given you any class you wanted you might have enjoyed the game, but since they make you work for the classes you lose interest within hours.

Only reason I picked this game up was because that whole work to a class thing looked interesting, and I still think it is, even with the caps...since I can make my character stronger regardless of class after cap.

I actually enjoy the combat too...so I don't mind grinding.

Its not the best mmo out there, but I enjoy it.

They probably should have given you a choice of any class off the bat then made you progress towards the others though.  Sadly people don't realize how good the three starting classes are...and how...meh...some of the classes you need to work for can be.

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Played maybe 80 hours and still not bored xD