Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

All most 10 Gb for downloading at a very slow rate are you kidding me!?!

PopplePopple Member UncommonPosts: 239

Really the year is 2015 there is no excuse for downloading a game at 500-kb for 5 hours..Feels like i am on dial up.

PS. i dont want to hear oh its this or that when i downloaded more games at 3mb instead of 500 kb while 1/2 of you were still in diapers...Like i said there is no excuse for this... /Rant off

I retired retroactively..Haha

Comments

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617

Ya not sure what problem you are having but I downloaded the game in like 10-20 min. 

EDIT: Just tried to log in and the game servers are down, you maybe going slow because they are working on stuff. I downloaded a 100MB Patch today and it was at about 2000 kbs.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    [mod edit]

It isn't neccesarily that, it often depends on when you download something. If enough people download it at the exact time you will get a pretty slow download.

Still 10 gig doesn't sounds like too much for me, modern games tend to be pretty big. Just leave it on when you do something else.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

It was quite slow for me as well,i didn't look at the actual numbers though,i just went and did others things then actually forgot i had the d/l going.

This is a budget operation,so expect everything including the game to feel like a budget operation.

imo the game offers nothing,it is a cross between the defunct Tabula Rasa and it really feels like they got the influences from SWTOR but in a worse way.

There is only one positive this game has and that is it has voice acting/cutscenes.Just like SWTOR combat will feel the same,just a bunch of spamming ,no matter what class it still just feels like spamming my mouse buttons,oh and circle strafing non stop,all it needed was bunny hopping to complete the cycle of bad combat design.

The energy bar is extremely limiting,it basically allows you one use,then it is back to spamming left mouse,really really sad design.

2 days 2 hours in and i can't fathom anymore of the game.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Alpha_ChinoAlpha_Chino Member UncommonPosts: 36
    My apologies.  My ignorance in third world problems do not reflect my sympathy towards them.  My 10 minutes still stands.  Have a nice day. :/
    Originally posted by Popple
    Originally posted by Alpha_Chino
    lol, nice troll bait.  An ungodly 10 minutes for me to download .  Perhaps its your internet?

Really 10 minutes? What website did you download it from? Source please. Also i went through Skyforge website to get the download and they gave My.com to download the game through. Like Origin is to EA.. Please tell where you went to download in 10 minutes..Then we will see who the fking troll..

I downloaded from my.com and it was about a 10-20 min download for me. Like I posted above, looks like they are working on stuff, servers are down and it could also be because its the 16th and 3 mill kids are trying to download the game. Point is, normally, their download speeds are very fast.

• PopplePopple Member UncommonPosts: 239
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle

Ya not sure what problem you are having but I downloaded the game in like 10-20 min. 

EDIT: Just tried to log in and the game servers are down, you maybe going slow because they are working on stuff. I downloaded a 100MB Patch today and it was at about 2000 kbs.

Getting 300 to 500 kb in 5 hours and 48 minutes the game will be done downloading..Gee i hope you are right about them being down.. But still...

I retired retroactively..Haha

Originally posted by Wizardry

It was quite slow for me as well,i didn't look at the actual numbers though,i just went and did others things then actually forgot i had the d/l going.

This is a budget operation,so expect everything including the game to feel like a budget operation.

imo the game offers nothing,it is a cross between the defunct Tabula Rasa and it really feels like they got the influences from SWTOR but in a worse way.

There is only one positive this game has and that is it has voice acting/cutscenes.Just like SWTOR combat will feel the same,just a bunch of spamming ,no matter what class it still just feels like spamming my mouse buttons,oh and circle strafing non stop,all it needed was bunny hopping to complete the cycle of bad combat design.

The energy bar is extremely limiting,it basically allows you one use,then it is back to spamming left mouse,really really sad design.

No matter what the topic a thread is, you find a magic way to turn every post into something negative about any game you post about. LOL, its a real skill.

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640

I did not even consider this.. I am going to turn on seeding and I encourage other early access people to do the same while the servers are still down at least.

That should help I am now seeding around 100  on 150/150 fios enjoy

Originally posted by psiic

I did not even consider this.. I am going to turn on seeding and I encourage other early access people to do the same while the servers are still down at least.

I forgot about that as well, under settings I think by default its set to something like 800-1000 kbs cap for download speed. You need to change the settings to speed things up.

• azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402

What is the OP internet speed anyway?

I know that on my connection that 10gb will take way more than 10 minutes...

• AthisarAthisar Member UncommonPosts: 666
    The servers have (as expected) collapsed at OBT launch anyway.
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by Athisar
    The servers have (as expected) collapsed at OBT launch anyway.

Well, that is actually good (as long as they fix it of course). Open betas are made to stress stuff like this and they usually cram in as much people as possible to see how the server performs.

For people wanting to download faster, pls make sure you mess with settings in the launcher. 
  • cerulean2012cerulean2012 Member UncommonPosts: 492

Really the year is 2015 there is no excuse for downloading a game at 500-kb for 5 hours..Feels like i am on dial up.

PS. i dont want to hear oh its this or that when i downloaded more games at 3mb instead of 500 kb while 1/2 of you were still in diapers...Like i said there is no excuse for this... /Rant off

Downloaded very quickly for me and it appears others have had fast downloads, so best guess it is on your end.
  • LycaerixLycaerix Member UncommonPosts: 19

Also downloaded it in about ten-minutes.

The downloader seems to use P2P, I suspect OP's ISP may simply have issues with P2P traffic. 

• breadm1xbreadm1x Member UncommonPosts: 374

Downloads here at 15MB a second.

Think rhe op's modem/router has problems with ro many concurrent connections.

• muthaxmuthax Member UncommonPosts: 703

I downloaded at 3.5MBs. Make sure you don't have "detect proxy settings" on in Internet Settings (IE ones) because it's known to affect downloaders speeds (it does for Elite, for example)

EVEN if you never use IE

• NaowutNaowut Member UncommonPosts: 663
    Downloading atm @9MBS. Should be good to go in 30 minutes.
  • FeralLokiFeralLoki Member UncommonPosts: 134
    Well the download to SkyForge was available weeks ago, you could have started downloading it earlier to avoid having to download when everyone else is.
  • MGPetersonMGPeterson Member UncommonPosts: 46

Time to get off dial-up.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle
    Originally posted by Wizardry

No matter what the topic a thread is, you find a magic way to turn every post into something negative about any game you post about. LOL, its a real skill.

I only calls it as i sees it.not my fault.

NOBODY can comment on the networking unless we work for them,so what did you think we could talk about other than the game itself?I could make up some BS networking numbers like i know their structure,but i don't know,i do know it also took a long time for me as well.

As you can tell the OP is frustrated,it is like he is frantically waiting for it to d/l,he will only be more frustrated once he plays the game.

I just have a long winded way of getting a point across.Point is instead of getting flustered,ignore it and do something else,REASON?Well the reason is because once you see the game you will realize why.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662

I was able to download it relatively quickly at 3 mb/s but I also didn't wait till the last minute to download the client.

The client was available to download before even early access was up.

• AlumicardAlumicard Member UncommonPosts: 388

@ op

maybe your ISP had some problems at the time. I downloaded it at 3 mbs for most of the time and the slowest I got was 1.4 mbs.

But then I got it about half a day after release so either it was your ISP or the servers were jammed while you DL'd it at least that would be my guess.

• evilkendollevilkendoll Member UncommonPosts: 2
    Some people just dont know how lucky they are ive been downloading skyforge for 5 days straight at 25kbps-100kbps philippines internet really blows, id be happy with 500kbps anyday
  • PongpingPongping Member UncommonPosts: 131

took 35 mins for me at 100mbit

maybe ask your ISP for help