Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

when is it coming out

when will this game be in the shops

Comments

• Lord-ArtecLord-Artec Member Posts: 9
    2006 image "They want to get it right" but no orcs and such to play I dont know how well you can get it right.

PK INC For Life!

• KDRAN6KDRAN6 Member Posts: 8

EB Games has it listed for January 2nd. Ill post a link so people can check to see if it changes at all.

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/240557.asp

• DoctorSoupDoctorSoup Member Posts: 106

Originally posted by Lord-Artec
    2006 image "They want to get it right" but no orcs and such to play I dont know how well you can get it right.

You guys need to calm down about the whole no orcs and no PVP thing don't beat a dead horse I appreciate you gave some info but please stop complaining about this.

Thanks

• ElapsedElapsed Member UncommonPosts: 2,329

Originally posted by KDRAN6
    EB Games has it listed for January 2nd. Ill post a link so people can check to see if it changes at all.http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/240557.asp

EB's release dates are VERY rough estimates. The game won't be released then or any time early in 2006. Expect it mid 2006 if we're lucky, but more than likely it will be making it out about a year from now. No, I have no quotes on any of that because I'm just estimating myself.

However, I recall Turbine said descrinb what was done with the game at E3 and they had little. Plus DDO, which Turbine is also developing, has been in development longer and is only making it out at the end of this year. That's not even for sure either, I get the feeling DDO could be pushed to early 2006 too since it's not even in beta testing to my knowledge or if it is the beta is very small and still early on.

I think Turbine doesn't want to pull another "AC2" by launching an unpolished game just because of pending release dates, which was actually more the fault of Microsoft the publisher. I'm sure Turbine themselves would have loved more time to beta test. Anyway, no matter how good they can make AC2 people still love to bring up and think about the crappy launch. It keeps people from returning to the game or even trying it out. Generally the most subscribers are gained during the early months of a games release. Expansions and rereleases only steady the populations or only slightly help boost subscriptions. Nothing is more drastic or more hooking than the release.

I say give them time to get it right and prove the AC2/DDO/LotRO/Turbine haters wrong. The graphics aren't going out of style any time soon and it gives us all time to buy new hardware ::::40:: But if they do get DDO and LotRO wrong with all the time they are taking I know I'll be a little mad. I don't think it matters though because Turbine will be going bye bye if they don't make LotRO and DDO decent hits.