Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Has Titles for developers posting on MMORPG been toss around?

MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988

Was just reading this and wondering why developers and staff off MMO's posting here on MMORPG.com DO NOT have titles stating -Developer- as their title?

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/436488/page/1

Thanks.

Comments

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    Originally posted by Loktofeit

They already exist: http://www.mmorpg.com/profile.cfm/username/FC-Famine 

Does it show up on posts like ours says Elite Member?  In my OP the developer shows up as hardcore member, which doesn't makes sense to me.

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    Titles are available if they want them and can prove they are who they say they are. There is no requirement that they have one.
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by MMOGamer71
    Originally posted by Loktofeit

They already exist: http://www.mmorpg.com/profile.cfm/username/FC-Famine 

Does it show up on posts like ours says Elite Member?  In my OP the developer shows up as hardcore member, which doesn't makes sense to me.

Well, now that's a whole new level of lazy. You were three clicks away from your own answer, but chose 150 clicks because research is teh hardz. To answer your question, though: Yes, the title does show up on posts if it exists.  Ryan has not requested a title. 

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609

News Flash.  Titles or Tags do not validate the opinions in a post.  The content of the post is either good or bad on its own merit.  The person behind the idea does not magically exclude the idea from discussion and debate, whether praise or ridicule.  Smedley isn't bulletproof just because he's head of a development studio.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• long123long123 Member Posts: 7
    Titles are available if they want them and can prove they are who they say they are. There is no requirement that they have one.