Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Desert is Incredible!

Comments

• dplcafdplcaf Member UncommonPosts: 59
    I don't mind a kill 50 mob quest ( pretty sure the quest people talk about is the lvl 20-25ish humanoid mobs ) when I'm dragging a pack of 5 mobs to another 5 mobs and killing 10 mobs at a time, feels quite satisfying. I don't do quests in BDO for exp, I only do them for the skill points/contribution points. I don't feel like I have to do the quests to progress at all, which makes it even better. I love the freedom BDO offers.
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Can't say I've been following this game, just picked up bits and pieces here and there. But from what I've seen and read on the game. I am getting the distinct impression it won't be.
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    Black Desert is and always will be more than a triple-A game; so much more. Black Desert speaks to the pure essence of humanity and the purpose of human beings. Yes, its that awesome.
  • CopperfieldCopperfield Member RarePosts: 654
    hmm intresting..

Sorry to break the illusion but bdo is far from being open world..

The tech behind its difficult to explain tho..

But even when your farming solo mobs in a pve area.. you are dropped into a solo instance, which is barely noticable.. but it is being done!?

its a mega server yes.. which consist of over X channels.. but not only that the game itself drops you into solo instances while playing the game like i said above..

It gives players the illusion that your in a open world.. 

• CopperfieldCopperfield Member RarePosts: 654
    Sovrath said:
    bdo lef me down on pvp..

Game is nice tho..

But

- gearbased game with heavy RNG
    - not so many pvp elements ingame

doing the game thing over over again everyday gets boring fast.. ( farming stones)
    Can you expand on how it let you down on pvp?
    The pvp consists of combo's every char has some mechenic to kill a player under 10 sec..

So the TTK in this game ( sort of same as AA) is retareded high

Not only that.. but the game relies heavy on gear. 

A player that just dinged 50.. and still have its questing gear.. there is simply no way to kill another player.. you will not do any dmg against him..

groupplay? basiscly none existant.. yes there are some tactics..

Dont get me wrong tho.. BDO is a very nice game.. but its just not for me.. by being a competitive pvp player..

I do bdo becoming succesfull game in west tho.. there is alot of shit ingame to do.. besides the pvp which makes the game more appealing f
  • zzaxzzax Member UncommonPosts: 324
    edited October 2015
    If its just another level grinding PvE game, then no amount of incredible graphics will help it.

(thought we already learned it the hard way during last 10 years...)
  • saurus123saurus123 Member UncommonPosts: 678
    Rhoklaw said:
    Laurann said:
    Having played this on and off in the Korean alpha/beta I can HONESTLY say that if only archeage and BDO were the only two mmo's in existence - I'd play AA. Now thats sayiing something... Don't fall for the hype on this one. 
    I haven't played BDO at all, but I have watched extensive amounts of videos. However, I have played AA from the beginning of Founder's Alpha to about 75 days past official launch. While AA may have a few more extra features to offer over BDO, there is definitely not enough to compensate for the P2W monetization going on in AA. US version of BDO will be B2P, not F2P and that right there already makes it a better product than AA despite any lack of additional PvE features. I wouldn't even wipe my butt with AA, so I guess not everyone will agree to which of these two are better games. Even though I haven't played BDO, I already know ANY game is better than AA, thanks to the P2W shit they implemented at launch, not to mention the failed official launch, failed hack / cheat prevention, failed Auroria launch, failed server merging, failed relaunch, failed second Auroria launch and so on. Yeah, AA is better? I really can't see why you would think that.
    the thing is BDO is p2w also
    a guy comming to the game can just dump big amount of $$ and wear best gear at lvl1 (gear dont have level restrictions) sure you can obtain the gear by playing but this will take insane amount of time

also no lvl limit and non existant pve with daily quest grind to get contribution to place workshops so you can obtain the best gear :)
  • TheOctagonTheOctagon Member UncommonPosts: 411
    edited October 2015
    It'll go FTP within a few months IMHO. I think gamers are starting to smarten up a bit and the big numbers will hold off to see how it does its first month and read all the reviews.

Once everyone see's its just another mind numbing grinder the bottom will fall out and they'll switch over to its original FTP model.
  • mentinmentin Member UncommonPosts: 35
    http://black-desert.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/55.jpg

Enormous dungeon area will be added at the underground of Valencia’s territory.

This game is planning A LOT of new content including as you can see -  DUNGEONS - 
    In fact this game looks much much better than archeage.

- Better combat
    - Better graphics.
    - Better housing.
    - Better crafting.
    - Better farming.

And most of all: NO LABOR POINTS.

If this game is going to have dungeons and battleships in the near future, you tell me if is not way much better than AA
    Check some videos about farming or housing via youtube please.

Farming is way more complex than aa also housing

• ConjureOneConjureOne Member UncommonPosts: 233
    ikcin said:

I'm playing the game in RU now, before that I played in Korea. I played AA too.

Wondering why mmorpg.com isnt sharing the latest scandal news concerning Game(gay)Net basicly scamming their players.
    I played AA.

Farming and crafting was meh

This looks way better.

Still havent play BDO yet.

Unless youtube videos are fake you tell me please how AA crafting- farming and housing are better than BDO

Not saying that bdo is like star wars galaxies again just that looks BETTER than AA

Don´t understand what I watch? care to explain to me please?

I watched some in - game videos about different aspects of the game. I see a deep , more complex system than in aa. 
  • ConjureOneConjureOne Member UncommonPosts: 233
    mentin said:
    I played AA.

Farming and crafting was meh

This looks way better.

Still havent play BDO yet.

Unless youtube videos are fake you tell me please how AA crafting- farming and housing are better than BDO

Not saying that bdo is like star wars galaxies again just that looks BETTER than AA

Don´t understand what I watch? care to explain to me please?

I watched some in - game videos about different aspects of the game. I see a deep , more complex system than in aa. 
    Im playing BDO, what I dont like (but I dont see them doing it any other way) is that housing is instanced in bdo, afaik (havent played AA more than 15 min its freaking horrible) housing is not instanced there.
  • saurus123saurus123 Member UncommonPosts: 678
    mentin said:
    In fact this game looks much much better than archeage.

- Better combat
    - Better graphics.
    - Better housing.
    - Better crafting.
    - Better farming.

And most of all: NO LABOR POINTS.

If this game is going to have dungeons and battleships in the near future, you tell me if is not way much better than AA
    there are "labor points" and its called Work Points or WP and it recover 1 point every 1-3 mins

and there are WP pots in cash shop

every action uses certian amount of WP learning a skill, mining etc
    Basics of trading look fantastic: 

ikcin said:

Terrible, I mean Mount & Blade, single player game made before years has better trading system. In comparison with other MMOs it is not bad. But in every other point it is terrible. The problem is most of the players play bad MMORPGs, no matter what, so they get bad games.

Mount & Blade is such a classic, and I actually see a lot of similarities between BDO and M&B in terms of trade, although BDO's looks quite a bit more complex. 
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,065
    axtranti said:
    ragz45 said:

You might want to actually read up on some of the actual reviews from US & European gamers.  The reviews the game is getting are less then stellar, far cry from incredible....

As far as the game being made for and marketed toward Asia & Russia, this is true.  But if you want to sell the game and have it be popular in the US and Europe.  As a company they need to realize that things will have to change drastically before it's ported over here.  If they are not willing to make drastic changes, making the game more acceptable for western audiences, they are better off saving their money and keeping it in Asia.

No, "westernizing" a game does not mean just localizing the language and changing the cash shop around a little either...

Trying to blame the Asian market for being incompetents? Not their fault you're level of casual is beyond comprehension. Too hard? Fail. Too much RNG? Fail. Too much grind? Fail. What you seek is a constant character progression with or no little challenge, a wow like mmorpg, to say the least. Boring, why don't you adapt already?
    Yea....because killing the same thing 50 times is real challenging.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
    ikcin said:
    YashaX said:
    ikcin said:

Terrible, I mean Mount & Blade, single player game made before years has better trading system. In comparison with other MMOs it is not bad. But in every other point it is terrible. The problem is most of the players play bad MMORPGs, no matter what, so they get bad games.

Mount & Blade is such a classic, and I actually see a lot of similarities between BDO and M&B in terms of trade, although BDO's looks quite a bit more complex. 
    M&B is great game, but it is single player with multiplayer PvP mode. BDO shall be MMO, but it is single player with multiplayer PvP. Do you get it? You cannot use the same gameplay mechanics for solo and for MMO game.
    Not sure why you have to state the obvious, you were the one that brought up the comparison in the first place. Btw BDO doesn't use the same mechanics for trade as M&B, but there are similarities.

The trade system also reminds me somewhat of Uncharted Waters Online, which was a great trading mmo. Having such an awesome trading system in a beautiful medieval/fantasy game world should be a lot of fun.
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    I like how your workers craft for you while you kill stuf.  There's really nothing exciting about slaving away at a farm or workbench.

As for comparisons to AA, it seems pretty different.  The best stuff in AA is crafted, but it's almost impossible to craft it.  It's also completely buyable.  I'm not sure where the best stuff in BDO comes from but I'm guessing it's dropped from world bosses.  Not sure if it's buyable.

As for trade, it seems the same way.  One of the reasons I quit AA was the monotony of doing trade runs.  Again, I'd rather have virtual workers do it for me.

The PVP seems pretty similar from what I've read (minus random ganking in BDO and the fact that the combat systems are different).  The endgame objectives are guild based and winnable by PVP.

All in all I don't mind that it has some things in common with AA and I'm glad it's not another raiding game.  I didn't hate everything about AA, mostly just Trion's ineptitude in managing it.  There was some cool stuff in it though and it looks like BDO is refining those systems while taking out the annoying parts.
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    edited October 2015

Watch Dogs looked amazing also and revolutionary...I'll just wait til it's actually here and can be played.
    I really liked Watch Dogs.  Not exactly revolutionary but a good game for its genre.
    ikcin said:
    YashaX said:
    ikcin said:
    YashaX said:
    ikcin said:

M&B is great game, but it is single player with multiplayer PvP mode. BDO shall be MMO, but it is single player with multiplayer PvP. Do you get it? You cannot use the same gameplay mechanics for solo and for MMO game.
    Not sure why you have to state the obvious, you were the one that brought up the comparison in the first place. Btw BDO doesn't use the same mechanics for trade as M&B, but there are similarities.

The trade system also reminds me somewhat of Uncharted Waters Online, which was a great trading mmo. Having such an awesome trading system in a beautiful medieval/fantasy game world should be a lot of fun.

Well I make the comparison because both games are single player with some multiplayer PvP. BDO is not a MMO, because 80% of the game is solo. For example how the workers replace the players. MMO - you join efforts with other players to gather resources. Single player - you get workers for the time you spent doing other things in the game. AA is solo too. These are bad MMORPGs, if we can call some PvP activity a MMORPG.

Have you checked out Gloria Victus? From what I have seen/read it looks like the kind game/mmo you might like.
  • DXSinsDXSins Member UncommonPosts: 324
    ikcin said:
    In Black Desert everyone can craft everything, so the crafting system is singleplayer, there is zero competition and cooperation. It is a good system for solo game. Same with housing, trade and farming.
    So the typical crafting system: Run to node > gather resourse > run to craft station > craft item... use in almost every mmo released is sooo much better and NOT SOLO?

Sorry but almost every mmo i CAN and DO all my crafting solo with alts... gather all my own mats / craft what i need. Sure you can buy mats from AH... but you can also do that in BDO.

Instead BDO cuts out the need to run to a craft station (unless cooking or high alchemy which need a house) and allows you to craft (processing) on the spot and with the overworld strategy system you find and choose type of crafting you want to do... which require management of your contribution points.. always giving up rented spaces/stations for new ones.

Its also more complex than just running to one craft station that does it all... you wont be just renting one blacksmith and be able to craft every single weapon/armour or build every ship from any boatyard like you can mostly in other mmos. Also the simulated time/building effect is a nice little system i liked... you don't just dump a clump of mats and poof instant big ship.. its build plank by plank with a time investment (one people don't seem to want to wait.. i made alot from selling fishing boats on the AH).