Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Update 7 - Hello Imperial City!

ColdrenColdren Member UncommonPosts: 495

Great list of patch notes for what is coming in Update 7 for ESO.

Most notably, the Imperial City's gates will be opened, 20 new item sets, and an increase to VR16.

Check out the list here:

http://deltiasgaming.com/2015/07/08/eso-update-7-preview/

Comments

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

This is not the official list. It's just Deltia re-posting a redditt post which is itself a re-post of an ESO forums post from July 3rd of things talked about in ESO live that day. Original post

Yeah update 7 will have the Imperial City but the official details will start coming next Monday and the patch notes will first appear on the Test Server whenever the changes get there (possibly next week too.)

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• ColdrenColdren Member UncommonPosts: 495
    Originally posted by Iselin

This is not the official list. It's just Deltia re-posting a redditt post which is itself a re-post of an ESO forums post from July 3rd of things talked about in ESO live that day. Original post

Yeah update 7 will have the Imperial City but the official details will start coming next Monday and the patch notes will first appear on the Test Server whenever the changes get there (possibly next week too.)

All the above is true.

Exciting, none the less!

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919

Indeed.

Resolves some of the issues discussed over 7 months ago as well (in early Dec no less): it will indeed be patch 1.7 and it looks like the release date will indeed be late summer / early fall some 2 or 3 months after the console launch.

Which leaves the question: will be free or paid DLC. As Iselin and others have said - and I agree - the game design clamours for it to be a (free) system change, IC will not be a "typical" DLC .....however from a business perspective making it paid DLC would make sense. 

I did notice the "exclusive gear" that folks will be able to craft only in IC. Having to buy the patterns for this gear would be an obvious cash shop addition - irrespective of whether IC is paid DLC or not.

Soon we will know.

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551

"will the UPDATE be free or paid DLC?" That's what I was thinking :-)

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• Keldor837Keldor837 Member UncommonPosts: 263

Still waiting for them to remove VR from the game before I commit to it. They said that removing VR will be a long-term goal now, and are ADDING to it.

Nope, no thank you. Promised it was going to be removed with the champion system...failed. Promised it would be removed with console launch....failed. Now adding to it. I call bullshit, it's never going to happen.

I'm still betting on it being free but only because I can't see how they could pull off something that requires participation by the whole alliance population in Cyrodiil in order to even enter it, not causing serious problems if only some of that population that needs to put in the effort being able to enter it at all. It would seriously divide the PVP population into subbers and non-subbers with the second group possibly even working against meeting the entry requirements,

Plus it would be extremely good PR for them to have the first major update soon after their console release be free and would get a lot of praise for being free especially from those who don't even understand what the hell I wrote above. :)

Other new content like the new PVE zones of Wrothgar, Orsinium, etc,. won't need special conditions met for entry. Those will be the paid DLC zones. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

Originally posted by Keldor837

Still waiting for them to remove VR from the game before I commit to it. They said that removing VR will be a long-term goal now, and are ADDING to it.

Nope, no thank you. Promised it was going to be removed with the champion system...failed. Promised it would be removed with console launch....failed. Now adding to it. I call bullshit, it's never going to happen.

You're going to have a very long wait lol. And that second promise about it being removed with the console launch? Didn't happen.

Some of us speculated that if the console versions launched with the VR levels, that would be a signal that they wouldn't be going away any time soon (and we were right, of course) because it would be extremely goofy to launch with it and then immediately turn around and take it out. ZOS never said anything about removal being in any way tied to console launch.

Late 2016 at the very earliest if it ever happens at all.

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919

Yep 2016 - at the earliest. As Iselin says if it was included in the console launch we just couldn't see it being taken out any time soon - if ever.

If it does release maybe they will do it as a pre-patch to a bigger xpac  ..... like WoW because a lot of people will "accept" that.