It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
STO has gotten so much wrong, I think it can't be fixed at this point. So I say start all over for scratch, and do a NEW STO2. One that we the fans can put our stamp of approval on. And no not have limits to it due to fan boys not being happy. Any new Star Trek Online type game, MUST be a Star Trek Experience. One where you feel like your playing an episode of a show your staring in.
IMO it must have the following to start with, and build from there:
1. PvE space combat modeled after the Bridge commander game.
2. More interaction with your Bridge crew, and more stories with them in the middle of them.
3. Big interactive ships, where you can interact with other members of the ship's crew, and do things on your ship. 10 Forward anyone?
4. SPACE............more of it, and more unknown places to explore.
5. 3 full working factions to start, with faction only story lines you can do.
6. PvP that has real meaning and a purpose.
7. Diplomatic missions that can effect your faction standings with other races.
8. Random events that can push your ship and crew into a side mission, some where you can get huge rewards from.
It's a start, and I am sure others can add to this list. Oh and I will add.
Everyone has to start at their faction of choice academy!
And once you finish there, you will be assigned your 1st duty on a Space Station or a Star Ship, both with all the decks and tubes, and tons of NPC and player crews. Only you get to the proper ranking, then you get your own command and ship.
I think it's one of the things I had an issue with in STO, that and all the other non-faction ships players are using from the lockboxes. Just doesn't feel or look right.
So what are some of your ideas?