Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Matrix Online: New Ownership

13»

Comments

• cuskariecuskarie Member Posts: 11

It will be interesting to creat a hero to cruse around Gothem, metropolis and even center city.

But the thing that got my attention is the "for PC and next generation councils. 4th courter 2007.

Hello PS3

• RazorbackRazorback Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 5,253

Originally posted by khrag
    I think almost everyone is missing the point of whats happening here. This isn't about SOE or MxO. This is about Money! Plain and simple. Face it, capatilism DOES NOT work, unless you are the 1% at the top. The world is being bought out by the big guys and soon your only choices will be Sony or Microsoft. Think WoW is safe? How long till Microsoft wants a good MMORPG? What would you do if someone threw more money than you have ever seen at you? It's time to start thinking of ways to change the system, and stop worying about games being screwed up. If you don't like them don't play. If you do, then do. Just stop whining about them!

And this is bad because ?

+-+-+-+-+-+
    "MMOs, for people that like think chatting is like a skill or something, rotflol"
    http://purepwnage.com
    -+-+-+-+-+-+
    "Far away across the field, the tolling of the iron bell, calls the faithful to their knees. To hear the softly spoken magic spell" Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon

• n2soonersn2sooners Member UncommonPosts: 926

Originally posted by khrag
    I think almost everyone is missing the point of whats happening here. This isn't about SOE or MxO. This is about Money! Plain and simple. Face it, capatilism DOES NOT work, unless you are the 1% at the top. The world is being bought out by the big guys and soon your only choices will be Sony or Microsoft. Think WoW is safe? How long till Microsoft wants a good MMORPG? What would you do if someone threw more money than you have ever seen at you? It's time to start thinking of ways to change the system, and stop worying about games being screwed up. If you don't like them don't play. If you do, then do. Just stop whining about them!

Yep, capatilism doesn't work, and Microsoft is proof of that. Afterall, no one at Microsoft ever had to start at the bottom, they were all born rich with the company already founded. It isn't like any of them have a clue how to start a company from scratch. ::::12::

BTW, Microsoft does want a good MMORPG. That is why they are backing the most experienced MMORPG team ever assembled right now.

image image

• DarktongueDarktongue Member Posts: 276

Originally posted by ProxyGhost

See, the thing all of you guys are missing, besides the fact this is a good game, is that SOE is hiring back the old DEV team. Therefore, they cant f*** with the game, cuz they arent workin on it. Also, SOE has bigger servers, therefore eliminating all of the lag. The only bad thing that could come from this would be all of the noobs joining.

It doesnt matter if they are keeping old staff or not, the games still utter shite.
  • PashoPasho Member Posts: 85

In the upcoming war between Microsoft and Sony for the dominance of the PC-Console market, i will stick with Microsoft and/or any other independant company. I have been screwed so many times by Sony that any other option is better. image

• DJ-CavalierDJ-Cavalier Member Posts: 21

Originally posted by ProxyGhost

See, the thing all of you guys are missing, besides the fact this is a good game, is that SOE is hiring back the old DEV team.

They're only hiring the old DEV team so that they dont have to waste time, money, etc training new people on already exisiting code.... simple business practice.

However, you note that ONLY the 25 DEV team members were kept... none of the GMs, Live Events Team, etc... just the coders.

-===- -===-
    DJ Cavalier -- Gamer Radio Initiative
    -==-
    Gamer Radio Initiative (www.gri-network.com) - Serious About Gaming

• SushiXSushiX Member Posts: 7

First of all.... You are right about this being about money. But to say that capitalism is wrong and doesnt work is just silly.

The key to this whole deal that I think most people are not keying in on is that this MxO deal is secondary. SoE wanted to acquire the rights to the DC MMO, and WB in an effort to salvage one of its named franchises without losing any more money on it, lumped it in with the deal.

As for the future of MMO's and consoles... It is progress. The majority of the MMO's being developed now ar e being developed for use on PC as well as over to the next gen consoles. At E3, during the demonstration for Age of Conan, it was pointed out how the game will be playable with the use of the joypad and it was being developed that way so that it could be ported over to XBox 360.

• cuskariecuskarie Member Posts: 11

Age of Conan will be ported to the xbox360? thats the first I have heard that....and great news.

One more reason for me to buy the 360. And I had hoped to never spend another dime on a microsoft product.

• HeartBrokenHeartBroken Member Posts: 128

ya sad really...............................