Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

People who have played, how is it?

1468910

Comments

  • NiburuNiburu Member UncommonPosts: 401
    It is very sandboxish. You can play it casual, you can play it hardcore. It tries to please every playstyle but thesandbox elements are always the maingoal. So its about freedome, you cant pass that area ? Well try to find another solution. 

    The true multiplattform ability is very underastimated and not seen by many. you play serious on your PC, when you are on the sofa you harvest using your phone or tablet, or easy PvE farming. 

    This is so great.

    If you look for an immersive world with oldschool gameplay try it out. Its also not one of those shitty asia pay to win games like Arch Age or others.

    Buy a founders pack and try yourself:

    https://albiononline.com/de?ref=4YR6C46K71

    Cheapest is $30 or 27€....and it is not one of those early access games that are bug infested left and right. You can actually play it.

    New Beta with new build starts August. The current beta is still running.
  • MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Lukooone said:
    Originally posted by Phry
    looks like a retro game tbh, click to move, virtually no character customisation, years ago it might have competed with UO as was, then again, maybe it wouldn't have, but Click to move, that is so last century, its almost like living the 90's again. image

    70 Million of League of Legends players are thinking :

    "What the hell is this guy talking about...?"

    Quantity ain't quality.

    "going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

  • azmundaiazmundai Member UncommonPosts: 1,419
    edited July 2016
    Im liking it to some extent, dont think I can get past the gank-fest nature of a game like this tho. When you are swarmed by (5) T8 players for having the audacity of trying to find some T5 mobs to farm in your T4 gear .. whats the point for someone who anticipates soloing a fair amount?

    LFD tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.
    I am, usually on the sandbox .. more "hardcore" side of things, but I also do just want to have fun. So lighten up already :)

  • Korn42Korn42 Member UncommonPosts: 53
    azmundai said:
    Im liking it to some extent, dont think I can get past the gank-fest nature of a game like this tho. When you are swarmed by (5) T8 players for having the audacity of trying to find some T5 mobs to farm in your T4 gear .. whats the point for someone who anticipates soloing a fair amount?
    You might like the new crime and reputation system. It is designed to discourage situations like to describe.
  • cultura82cultura82 Member UncommonPosts: 27
    If I buy a founder pack, will I need to buy the full game once released?


    Whoever fears death, dies everyday. Who doesn't, dies only once.
    image
  • Korn42Korn42 Member UncommonPosts: 53
    edited August 2016
    Any founders pack of course grants you full access to the game on release. 

    Also, if you lose any founders items (to PvP for example) during beta, don't worry about it - you will get them once more on release. Same goes for all the other founders benefits. 
  • DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,516
    123joz said:
    It's sort of like a train wreck. You cant believe its happening, then it happens and everyone just leaves.
    Is this since the newest updates?

    I thought they came up with some good solutions that at least sounded like they may address the very obvious problems I saw in the original design. Did their most recent updates not improve the game?


  • Korn42Korn42 Member UncommonPosts: 53
    I think you quoted a very old comment, and even back then, it was not true. We never had any population issues during any of the previous alpha or beta tests. The current final beta phase is packed with players, and the game is more active than ever despite the fact that there will be one more wipe at the end of beta. 
  • blueturtle13blueturtle13 Member LegendaryPosts: 11,823
    cultura82 said:
    If I buy a founder pack, will I need to buy the full game once released?
    Looks like the $29.95 Veteran Pack is the entry level to buy the game and get access now. No need to buy the game afterwards. Not too bad and some decent perks come with it!

    거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다












  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 6,871
    i was pretty excited for Albion , got my founders pack 18 months ago .. And coming from (18 years  in UO) i had high hopes , Maybe a bit unfair for AO to try and compete with UO and its unmatched World ( so many activites)..

      But AO never has grabbed in these 18 months , have tried quite often , But the world is sterile , generic , void of fauna (compared to UO ) and color ( the palaete is very bland ..)

      Classes and skills are severly lacking ... again a very sterile feel .... real shame ...

                           ohh well back to UO
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member EpicPosts: 6,865
    I have played and overall the game just works. In terms of a sandboxy MMO PvP Focused, this one works fine. Shame is being optimized for mobile so on PC it can go up to some extent.

    Overall if you find an organized guild and a spot on gameplay you'd wish to take, then you find the gameplay objectives on the game as you progress. So without group-play the game is very lacking.
  • khameleonkhameleon Member UncommonPosts: 484
    Its pretty basic and grindy, relies heavily on player crafted items.  Easy to get killed and "start over" with no items towards the start of your career in the game. Start over means have to get all new weapon and armor and everything you lose when you die.

    You cannot solo in this game to enjoy it once you get to later on in the game, its all about Guilds vs. Guilds. Its pretty fun, plays on phone, tablet, laptop and PC well. 

    GAME TIL YOU DIE!!!!

  • NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904
    Korn42 said:
    azmundai said:
    Im liking it to some extent, dont think I can get past the gank-fest nature of a game like this tho. When you are swarmed by (5) T8 players for having the audacity of trying to find some T5 mobs to farm in your T4 gear .. whats the point for someone who anticipates soloing a fair amount?
    You might like the new crime and reputation system. It is designed to discourage situations like to describe.
    That system seems like a joke.

    "Will you become a model citizen, who would not dare to think of attacking a fellow adventurer? Or are you a criminal, killing others and happily stealing their gear? The choice is yours!".

    They present it as a choice, Not "if your bad you get punished"

    If it was a real rep system there would be "rewards" at polar ends.


    image
    TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

  • MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,211
    This game sounds even worse for pve, crafters non hardcore pvpers than Darkfall.  Tiny zones in which there is no place to hide or kill mobs.  Although Im not sure it would be possible hide with this iso view.  No variety of mobs.  I honestly can't think of a positive for this game.  Maybe mobile support is the big appeal?
  • DrDread74DrDread74 Member UncommonPosts: 308
    I had fun with it for a few hours but it becomes pretty apparent that it is not what its cracked up to be. Its just brainless clicking for mining crafting and fighting without much depth. It is fun but for a short while. The economy is just a progression quest. you cut trees to get better at cutting trees so you can use better axes. You can make 20 axes in 5 minutes but no one needs 20 axes and every 3rd person is probably making some axes because ya know, it takes 5 minutes. Your equipment wears down but can be fully repaired so you never actually buy another of something unless you lose it after dying and actually dying is hard.

    Like WoW you craft to up your skill and not to make things to sell. you literally make a bunch of stuff and then dump it on the ground to level up and you can spend gold to make that all happen a lot faster. It's a very overdone pay to "win" mechanic. The player driven economy is nonsense as maybe 1% of top tier stuff is the only thing really being bought ad sold in the auction house everything else is just crafting junk you can almost make yourself

    http://baronsofthegalaxy.com/
     An MMO game I created, solo. It's live now and absolutely free to play!
  • blueturtle13blueturtle13 Member LegendaryPosts: 11,823
    DrDread74 said:
    I had fun with it for a few hours but it becomes pretty apparent that it is not what its cracked up to be. Its just brainless clicking for mining crafting and fighting without much depth. It is fun but for a short while. The economy is just a progression quest. you cut trees to get better at cutting trees so you can use better axes. You can make 20 axes in 5 minutes but no one needs 20 axes and every 3rd person is probably making some axes because ya know, it takes 5 minutes. Your equipment wears down but can be fully repaired so you never actually buy another of something unless you lose it after dying and actually dying is hard.

    Like WoW you craft to up your skill and not to make things to sell. you literally make a bunch of stuff and then dump it on the ground to level up and you can spend gold to make that all happen a lot faster. It's a very overdone pay to "win" mechanic. The player driven economy is nonsense as maybe 1% of top tier stuff is the only thing really being bought ad sold in the auction house everything else is just crafting junk you can almost make yourself
    You obviously have not played it very long.
    My two characters make a ton off the auction houses both from items grown on your farms and also crafted on your guild island.
    The higher tiered resources are only found in contested areas. Losing all your gear happens a lot and why I, as well as many others, continue to make a lot of silver selling items on the auction house.
    Yeah you can make 20 axes in 15 minutes but not higher tiered axes which fetch 10's of thousands of silver.
    Sounds like you never got passed tier 2 and shelved the game. Hope you at least put more thought into your own 'game' than you did criticizing someone else's ;)
     

    거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다












  • Kane72Kane72 Member UncommonPosts: 208
    Everything I am reading here says basically that it's a grind game with nothing different that hasn't been done a hundred times before.  Surely any new games needs to innovate for it to be a success.  I'm guessing this game won't last very long.
  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 19,657
    Kane72 said:
    Everything I am reading here says basically that it's a grind game with nothing different that hasn't been done a hundred times before.  Surely any new games needs to innovate for it to be a success.  I'm guessing this game won't last very long.
    There are innovations or unique aspects of the game (e.g.: how crafting, guild plots, and personal plots work together). No one actually cares about that stuff. Gamers don't want innovation as much as they claim. Ask Wildstar how doing innovation worked for them. Wildstar is a pretty good game, but there is an excuse list a mile long as to why the game is bad and it all comes down to innovation being less valued and appreciated than familiarity "with a new coat of paint".
    take back the hobby: https://www.reddit.com/r/patientgamers/

    traveller, interloper, anomaly
    ༼ つ ◕◕ ༽つ

    It only took 3 people 8 words to rock Blizzard to its core.
  • PabloFigassoPabloFigasso Member CommonPosts: 9
    Hm Im rly confused about this game  . I saw some gameplay from Albion and I just think Path Of Exile or Marvel Heroes are much better ( maybye Im wrong ) 
  • BlackboaBlackboa Member UncommonPosts: 119
    @PabloFigasso I have played both Path of Exile as well as Marvel Heroes and I will tell you that Albion Online is a completely different game that either of those.  Albion Online is considered a Sandbox MMORPG which means that there is no questing involved in the game.  Everything in the game is created by the players.  The game has full loot pvp so that if you die, your items can be looted by the person or monster that killed you.  It is a hardcore game that has an indepth crafting and guild vs guild system.  If you liked the game Ultima Online, you will absolutely love the game Albion Online.  Although it is still in Beta, I highly recommend giving it a shot so you can see for yourself and learn as much as you can about the game before launch so that you are better prepared to hit the ground running upon release.  

    I just started streaming the game as well so if you wanted to stop in to my steam at http://twitch.tv/blackboagaming I would love to answer any of your questions you might have.

    Kind Regards,

    Blackboa
  • MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318
    edited December 2016
    Yes I have. It feels like a game made in the 90's. It is not at all like the original single player games. I don't know how it can even have the same name when it's so different. I regret having spent any money on it. 
  • BlackboaBlackboa Member UncommonPosts: 119
    @Moirae it does have a classic feel to it but the graphics are certainly more up to date than a game made in the 90's.  
  • AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,499
    If you are a SOLO player, Albion is not for you. You need friends/guild later on in the games life if you want to succeed.
    Solo Players beware.

    "My Fantasy is having two men at once...

    One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

    ---------------------------

    "A good man can make you feel sexy,

    strong and able to take on the whole world...

    oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."





  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 6,871
    Blackboa said:
    @PabloFigasso I have played both Path of Exile as well as Marvel Heroes and I will tell you that Albion Online is a completely different game that either of those.  Albion Online is considered a Sandbox MMORPG which means that there is no questing involved in the game.  Everything in the game is created by the players.  The game has full loot pvp so that if you die, your items can be looted by the person or monster that killed you.  It is a hardcore game that has an indepth crafting and guild vs guild system.  If you liked the game Ultima Online, you will absolutely love the game Albion Online.  Although it is still in Beta, I highly recommend giving it a shot so you can see for yourself and learn as much as you can about the game before launch so that you are better prepared to hit the ground running upon release.  

    I just started streaming the game as well so if you wanted to stop in to my steam at http://twitch.tv/blackboagaming I would love to answer any of your questions you might have.

    Kind Regards,

    Blackboa
    Ive been playing UO for 19 years , Albion is no UO , its not even in the same realm , I got a Legendary pack well over a year ago and Albion imo , is rubbish as of the 1 month ago last time i played .. It barely scratches the surface of UO ,

     its isometric , ok

    it has pvp with full loot ok ...

            /end

                            
  • BlackboaBlackboa Member UncommonPosts: 119
    edited December 2016
    @Scorchien you are right it is not UO.  Its a whole different game naturally and no game will likely completely capture all of the elements of the glory days of UO.  But to say the game is rubbish in my opinion denotes a bit of troll in you that I can't take seriously.  You can have your own opinions but don't ruin the experience for the rest of the potential players who want to give the game a shot and suddenly read your comment of extreme negativity.  Grow up bro.  If it is not your cup of tea, so be it.  
This discussion has been closed.