Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crafting/Item/Economy idea

Tell me what you think.

I have been trying to think of a cool item crafting system that would create a good crafting economy while still having gold, quest items and drop items be worth something.

Here is my thoughts.  Have unique attributes to all jewelry, weapons and armor based on their origin. There origin being either crafted, dropped, or quested. 

This will create demand for all three, which is a good idea IMO.  Also crafting would have to be supported by gold.  There can be inflation controls put in by adding vendors who sell crafting components, but these components can still be attained by hunting them down in the world.

If you question the need for this relatively simple idea look at DAOC and the epic quest armor.  Looks great but Mythic to make crafters happy made the epic gear inferior.  So IMO crafted items should not be worse but different. 

Comments

• FrosteyFrostey Member Posts: 17

i think thats a nifty idea.me and my team have bin workign on some thing simalar tot hat kinda for are mmorpg. we are wondering if you would liek to be on the team as a game system(mechanics) designer. we cant pay shit (not at all) intilla fter we get the game out than all the people nvolved will get an equal cut of the pie basicly. if intristed e-mail me or join the team forum. i will put that info below. but i was jsut curius if you were intristed. please contact me if you are. we need evryman we can get. hope to here form you

email

[email protected]

webadress

http://frosty.dirgotronix.net

sined

frostey