Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF Large open world game that is not Fatasy???

2»

Comments

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

wildstar is going b2p soon, and might be worth a look.

also, once it's released, no man's sky.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786
    Originally posted by Thane

I was thinking about checking wildstar out when it goes b2p. 

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

• strawhat0981strawhat0981 Member RarePosts: 1,198
    I thought Wildstar was going F2P, not B2P.

Originally posted by laokoko
    "if you want to be a game designer, you should sell your house and fund your game. Since if you won't even fund your own game, no one will".

• akiira69akiira69 Member UncommonPosts: 615

Actually you are wrong WildStar is going F2P not B2P. THe only games that are B2P are Guild Wars 1, Guild Wars 2, and The Secret World.

"Possibly we humans can exist without actually having to fight. But many of us have chosen to fight. For what reason? To protect something? Protect what? Ourselves? The future? If we kill people to protect ourselves and this future, then what sort of future is it, and what will we have become? There is no future for those who have died. And what of those who did the killing? Is happiness to be found in a future that is grasped with blood stained hands? Is that the truth?"

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Fallout New Vegas with graphics and especially Project Nevada Mod
  • ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Originally posted by akiira69

Actually you are wrong WildStar is going F2P not B2P. THe only games that are B2P are Guild Wars 1, Guild Wars 2, and The Secret World.

Elder Scrolls Online

• Pestis87Pestis87 Member UncommonPosts: 11
    Fallen Earth, is it still alive?
  • BrunlinBrunlin Member UncommonPosts: 79
    What about this, http://www.playark.com/   ?  I havent played this one yet, but it seems to have what you are looking for. It is a survival game but trade out zombies for dinosaurs....Zombies are getting old imho.

If at first you don’t succeed, call it version 1.0

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    Originally posted by akiira69

final fantasy XIV ain't b2p?

i kinda think you missed the point of this thread tho :)

the b2p/f2p ain't no requirement, righto?

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

Grand Theft Auto series.

FarCry series

Prototype series

WatchDogs

Sleeping Dogs

Dying Light

7Day's2Die

I also like Sci-fi or sort of realistic settings more then fantasy but Dragon Age Inquisition and currently The Witcher 3 I would recommend for sure.

• MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by strawhat0981
    Originally posted by DMKano

Defiance (might fall back to this one)

If you haven't played since Alcatraz update - the game got HARD 

Get ready to get die a lot

I was a day one player, still log in from time to time. It is a fun game, but it seems like something is missing for me. It is in no way an open world, but Warframe is a great sci-fi game, I play it on PS4.

Hmm you can run/drive from top of the map in Defiance all the way to San Francisco at the bottom of the map seamlessly. That's pretty open world to me. Some areas like Alcatraz and instanced group maps are separate but most of Defiance is open world.

So you are not going to let me know why/how the game got hard? 

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

• FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870

Red Dead Redemption

GTA IV & V

Just Cause 2 & 3

Dead Island & Dead Island Riptide

Arcanum (oldie but a goodie)

Stalker & Stalker : Call of Pripyat

Far Cry 3

Sleeping Dogs

• booniedog96booniedog96 Member UncommonPosts: 289

- Far Cry series