Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Preview] Devilian Online: Trion's New Game is an Action MMORPG

Comments

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640

I must have blinked and missed when Trion became an cheap asian mmo host like Aeriagames.

They went from the best company in the industry to a pos outsourcing company in record time.

• unclemounclemo Member UncommonPosts: 462
    Originally posted by psiic

I must have blinked and missed when Trion became an cheap asian mmo host like Aeriagames.They went from the best company in the industry to a pos outsourcing company in record time.

Well said. Trion will never get a other cent from me.

Gonna roll with Skyforge and Albion Online until the kickstarter games pour out in 2017.
    Originally posted by BrasseDwarf

Hey all! I am an idiot and could not recover my old account here. Dwarf minds are very sharp unless they catch a few too many blows to the head... but I'm BACK. I should be able to remember BrasseDwarf!

Now then. I have had a chance to mess around with this game some, and while yeah, it's kinda like Torchlight and a very little like Diablo and kinda like other games, but it's a pretty fun iteration on the style.  it is NOT a clickfest - my auld Dwarfy fingers can't take that any more, I tell ya.

Devilian is definitely built like a full-on MMO: open world gaming, GUILDS, PvP in various flavors, PvE instances, dynamic content. It's a very different environ for an MMOG though. I like it.

Plus, ya know, ya get to be a DEVIL from time to time, hehe. RAWWRRRRR!

For the pure naysayers, do like I do and give every game a chance on its own merits.

For the intrigued, I hope ya like it! I play a Cannoneer gal and have a blast... wait - bad pun alert!  Meanwhile, we'll be answering a ton more questions on our forums. =)

Brasse

Head Community Dwarf, Trion Worlds

Sorry brother but if you are who you claim to be the admins here would be happy to recover your account for you.

• DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536

September 2014

Trion : ArcheAge

Never forget.

• NevereverlandNevereverland Member UncommonPosts: 161
    Originally posted by Dullahan

September 2014

Never forget.

True words have been spoken.

• VyranixVyranix Member UncommonPosts: 7
    I have 150 reasons to never play another Trion game.
  • sLY4JsLY4J Member UncommonPosts: 84
    I've been waiting for a good action RPG/Dungeon Crawler but with MMO elements. Looks pretty good.
  • shalissarshalissar Member UncommonPosts: 509

Meh. It looks like another chintzy war of immortals/mu/phoenix dynasty. 4 classes. barf. gender lock. double barf. the gameplay from the beta videos i've been watching looks really a dated hack and slash

I'll sort of pass, maybe I'll try it because I've been surprised before. Like once.

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Originally posted by SwampDragons
    Looks "meh", but I keep a eye out.

Exactly. I might try if nothing better to do at that time.

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Count me in.  Little disappointed that loot is like traditional MMO's unlike ARPG's which may put a damper on my ability to stick with the game for any length of time but I'm a sucker for a good ARPG.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

Also be on the lookout for Umbra.  A real ARPG experience. 

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

Originally posted by Dullahan

September 2014

Never forget.

But many of us told you back then that the Korean version of the game was ass.  Not our fault you refused to listen.

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785
    Originally posted by azzamasin
    Also be on the lookout for Umbra.  A real ARPG experience. 

Woot! I backed that one, here's hoping it turns out as good as it looks!

• beretta7beretta7 Member UncommonPosts: 15
    Just what we needed...another instanced Obo theme park piece of shit.
  • beretta7beretta7 Member UncommonPosts: 15
    Uhh no thx
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Mikeha
    Cant wait to play this one. Trion please don't screw this up. image

That video featured almost everything I dislike in a game, over the top animations and spinning, flashing bright colors to hide what is probably generic animation, mindless hack and slash game-play, ugly exaggerated armor styles, cutesy girly toons..etc.. a definite pass for me.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• XanzoXanzo Member UncommonPosts: 129
    Gender locked classes...so much fail there...
    Originally posted by justmemyselfandi
    Originally posted by winter
    Originally posted by laserit
    Originally posted by BillMurphy
    Originally posted by Syphin_B

Gender locked? Lol

It is 2015 isn't it? I thought developers want MMO's to evolve...not stick to the same shtick. 

This sucks man.. at least we have Camelot Unchained coming up.

Gender Locking is oddly not an issue in KR. It's as simple as that. Trion's informed BHG that it'll be commented on here, and they're working on adding more sexes to the other classes. Hopefully in time.  But don't hold your breath.

IMHO the whining about gender locking is just that ..."whining"

God help me if I wanted to stick with real world lore and put Amazon's in my game.

Its not about lore its about lack of choice. Sure if you want to say only a girl can fire a cannon for some reason that's up to you, but saying one only has 2 character class choices is really pretty silly. Would you make a game and be proud to say all males in your world have to be A or B and All females have to be C or D? Sorry just sounds damn lazy to me. Perhaps this game is a example for having a lot of choice in places like N. KR

It's still 1950 in S. Korea ( which is better than 1850 N. Korea ).

This just isnt true thats the part pissing me off there are so many KR games I am dying to get my hands on that are AMAZING right now and here in the states we are now waiting 2, 3, even 4 years to get to play them. Then Trion decides to lease another asian game and picks an crappy pos like this? If you are a game developer than is no longer developing games at least have the intelligence to pick games your players actually wanna play.

• cylon8cylon8 Member UncommonPosts: 362

trion as a studio has completely lost me rift was great but trove was a shit trend/money grab that failed. the bungles archage monetization and now a tera clone of sorts wtf

so say we all

• cylon8cylon8 Member UncommonPosts: 362

trion as a studio has completely lost me rift was great but trove was a shit trend/money grab that failed. the bungles archage monetization and now a tera clone of sorts wtf

so say we all

• killion81killion81 Member UncommonPosts: 995
    Originally posted by cylon8

To be fair, Trove was pretty cool before they went full steam ahead on the cash shop.  The time it turned to garbage (and heavily focused on the cash shop) was about the same time they added Chaos Boxes to the game.

• zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    Originally posted by killion81
    Originally posted by cylon8

To be fair, Trove was pretty cool before they went full steam ahead on the cash shop.  The time it turned to garbage (and heavily focused on the cash shop) was about the same time they added Chaos Boxes to the game.

They got to make money some how, we can or don't have to agree with them, like most games there monetizations is not so bad if they keep the game updates and supported.

• bingbongbrosbingbongbros Member UncommonPosts: 689
    I really hope not to many people are fooled by this shit.  Trion is no longer a game making company they are a shitty money scheme host.

Playing: Smite, Marvel Heroes
    Played: Nexus:Kingdom of the Winds, Everquest, DAoC, Everquest 2, WoW, Matrix Online, Vangaurd, SWG, DDO, EVE, Fallen Earth, LoTRo, CoX, Champions Online, WAR, Darkfall, Mortal Online, Guild Wars, Rift, Tera, Aion, AoC, Gods and Heroes, DCUO, FF14, TSW, SWTOR, GW2, Wildstar, ESO, ArcheAge
    Waiting On: Nothing. Mmorpg's are dead.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508

Not really interested in yet another game masquerading as an MMORPG, just not enough features that I enjoy in it's core design, but likely to be a hit with some, especially those whose views are not skewed by the AA debacle.

Yeah, I gave them $150.00 once, that's a mistake I won't be repeating ever again.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,107
    looks like a corpg like diablo... is it an mmo?