Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Preview] Devilian Online: Trion's New Game is an Action MMORPG

Comments

• nhatnhat Member UncommonPosts: 166
    Gender lock.... comon even diablo 3 threw that out the window
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Originally posted by Asm0deus

Originally posted by laserit

...snip...
    So would I be lazy If I put Witches (female) and Warlocks (male) in my game, or would people whine because they couldn't play a male Witch or a female Warlock?    IMHO Not having enough class's (choice) and locking a class to a certain sex are two different things. 

Actually Witch traditional referred to either male or female here's a quick link to wikipedia.....another good read on it here.

warlock and wizard  "and witch" is something that was used later on and I would even say their powers are different

From your link:

The Middle English word wicche did not differentiate between feminine and masculine, however the masculine meaning became less common inStandard English, being replaced by words like "wizard" and "warlock". The modern spelling witch with the medial 't' first appears in the 16th century. In current colloquial English "witch" is almost exclusively applied to women, and the OED has "now only dialectal" for the masculine noun.

<span nopopups"="">Which really has nothing to do with my point anyway. 

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• kinkyJalepenokinkyJalepeno Member UncommonPosts: 1,044

Trion have zero chance of getting anymore of my money...  I dont think I need to mention why..

GL you suckers who buy into this...

• StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779
    Originally posted by FrodoFragins
    Meh.  I'm much more interested in Lineage Eternal, if that game ever comes out.

You're not limited too this. I am looking forward to Lineage Eternal myself, but until then I'll be checking this out.

MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
    Originally posted by Ginaz
    Originally posted by Nasa
    The gender lock issue is strange as the two most similar games Marvel Heroes and Path of Exile also have gender locked classes. And those two games are western, not Korean

Marvel Heroes gets a pass because its based on established super heroes but you can still change the gender of some of the heroes like Black Panther, Loki, Ms Marvel and Hawkeye with costumes.

Sadly there is a pay wall for unlocking those genders.

• FomaldehydeJimFomaldehydeJim Member UncommonPosts: 673

I've always wanted a Diablo MMO (not lobby/hub based like PoE but an actual persistent open world) so I will be giving it a go. 

As for Trion I've only played Rift and Defiance and the cash shops in the F2P versions of both of these games seemed reasonable (they are mainly DLC, xp buffs and cosmetics).  What is wrong with the AA cs? 

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Originally posted by FomaldehydeJim

I've always wanted a Diablo MMO (not lobby/hub based like PoE but an actual persistent open world) so I will be giving it a go. 

As for Trion I've only played Rift and Defiance and the cash shops in the F2P versions of both of these games seemed reasonable (they are mainly DLC, xp buffs and cosmetics).  What is wrong with the AA cs? 

There was/is a huge debate about it being P2W

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• AstraeisAstraeis Member UncommonPosts: 378
    I had hoped for something different, not yet another mmo. Maybe I will have a look at it in when it comes out. Maybe I feel like playing an mmo in two years from now. But probably not this one.
    Disappointed.

It takes one to know one.

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
     geesh this looks so bad , i think they left one initial off and my prediction for this game ........................... D.O.A
  • minideedminideed Member UncommonPosts: 32
    Stopped reading when I saw Trion.
  • GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470
    Originally posted by StoneRoses
    The gender lock issue is strange as the two most similar games Marvel Heroes and Path of Exile also have gender locked classes. And those two games are western, not Korean

Marvel Heroes gets a pass because its based on established super heroes but you can still change the gender of some of the heroes like Black Panther, Loki, Ms Marvel and Hawkeye with costumes.

It's a f2p game.  I mean come on, if you enjoy the game shouldn't you support it, Mr. GW2 Superfan?  You're not...entitled...to free costumes.

People do not want options or they ignore it all together. They see a price tag on it and it suddenly becomes an issue.image

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• breadm1xbreadm1x Member UncommonPosts: 374

Still have no clue what is has to do with Bluehole.

The game was made my NHN Hangames since 2009  (think webzen owns that now)

It faled hard then Ginogames took over in 2013 remade it somewhat.

Where does Bluehole come in ?

(Yong-Hyun Park left bluehole in 2011 he could have joined gino games)

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,407
    Originally posted by Asm0deus

...snip...
    So would I be lazy If I put Witches (female) and Warlocks (male) in my game, or would people whine because they couldn't play a male Witch or a female Warlock?    IMHO Not having enough class's (choice) and locking a class to a certain sex are two different things. 

Actually Witch traditional referred to either male or female here's a quick link to wikipedia.....another good read on it here.

warlock and wizard  "and witch" is something that was used later on and I would even say their powers are different

From your link:

The Middle English word wicche did not differentiate between feminine and masculine, however the masculine meaning became less common inStandard English, being replaced by words like "wizard" and "warlock". The modern spelling witch with the medial 't' first appears in the 16th century. In current colloquial English "witch" is almost exclusively applied to women, and the OED has "now only dialectal" for the masculine noun.

It's my fault really, that you missed my point, for meaning to use the word traditionally and instead typing traditional

Also in the part you yellowed out it says, "almost exclusively".  Guess the author knows that just because many people are ignorant and use the word incorrectly some still use the word correctly.   Many  think it means female only due to how society was much more bigoted vs women way back.

Did you read the second link? It is much better than the wiki one and makes things clearer.

Anyways the point is you can't say bla bla bla lorewise bla bla witches are women only, gender locked classes is purely a money/work/time saving decision.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    Going to wait until Lineage: Eternal or Lost Ark until I play one of these isometric MMOs. Devillian doesn't look as appealing to me.
    Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

How can anyone say it is not like Diablo,it is EXACTLY like Diablo.These are basically larger versions of Moba's.The positive is they claim the camera can be changed to feel more like a real game ,would have to wait and see,all i have seen is that same MOBA/Diablo locked camera in every video i watched.

All i have seen in videos are these narrow paths .NOT an open world.Also the combat is super fast spam,exactly like Diablo or POE.

I watched a group play video,there is seriously no grouping here,the spam is so fast,the group part just seems fake.

The graphics are very much like Diablo and the powerup system is an old school idea done many times before in Korean games.

Basically everything stereotypical of Korean games is right here in this game,be that good or bad depending on opinion.

This entire game can be ruined by cash shop because it is so fast and spammy,i can see pots being sold in drones to allow for non stop combat spam also removing any cost restrictions.Will have to see the cash shop implementation,i guess that is always a negative because cash shop can change everyday,players won't know what to expect form it ,one day to the next.Buy a mount for it's buff then  find out next day a better mount buff is sold on CS,see where that goes?

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• PerjurePerjure Member UncommonPosts: 250
    Originally posted by Magua
    Trion will not receive another dime from me after the train wreck that was Archeage. 

Agreed. Trion will never see a penny from me again.

• HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    All done with these click click click finger numbing games. Diablo 3 was enough for me.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    A mediocre diablo clone in an eastern style.  Ho hum, Trion you are really tilting at windmills now.  What a waste of development assets.
  • AthisarAthisar Member UncommonPosts: 666

I want nothing to do with any Trion game, it's a vile company with no ethics. I suspect this will end up another cash grab, with exploitative gambling RNG boxes, and no doubt skimpy maid's outfits showing lots of side boob and arse. All to go with their gender locked classes. And whatever goes wrong won't be Trion's fault, of course, they're just the publisher.

• BrasseDwarfBrasseDwarf Member CommonPosts: 1

Hey all! I am an idiot and could not recover my old account here. Dwarf minds are very sharp unless they catch a few too many blows to the head... but I'm BACK. I should be able to remember BrasseDwarf!

Now then. I have had a chance to mess around with this game some, and while yeah, it's kinda like Torchlight and a very little like Diablo and kinda like other games, but it's a pretty fun iteration on the style.  it is NOT a clickfest - my auld Dwarfy fingers can't take that any more, I tell ya.

Devilian is definitely built like a full-on MMO: open world gaming, GUILDS, PvP in various flavors, PvE instances, dynamic content. It's a very different environ for an MMOG though. I like it.

Plus, ya know, ya get to be a DEVIL from time to time, hehe. RAWWRRRRR!

For the pure naysayers, do like I do and give every game a chance on its own merits.

For the intrigued, I hope ya like it! I play a Cannoneer gal and have a blast... wait - bad pun alert!  Meanwhile, we'll be answering a ton more questions on our forums. =)

Brasse

Head Community Dwarf, Trion Worlds

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    This looks better imo
    Originally posted by StoneRoses

It's a f2p game.  I mean come on, if you enjoy the game shouldn't you support it, Mr. GW2 Superfan?  You're not...entitled...to free costumes.

People do not want options or they ignore it all together. They see a price tag on it and it suddenly becomes an issue.image

Why do even stop there?

I mean I have only played for 6 days total. I spread the love where I can. No, I am not a fan about obvious pay walls like SWTOR paying to "Hide your fucking Helm." Marvel Heroes lacks customization and I didn't want to run around looking like everyone else.

Anything else you want to quote me on while you are at it?

http://i.imgur.com/e6hBQRx.jpg

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    No thanks, back to Windows Minesweeper.
  • GilnidorGilnidor Member UncommonPosts: 115
    edited August 2015
    I do hope we Europeans get another publisher. 
    Post edited by Gilnidor on

• jshrmstrngjshrmstrng Member UncommonPosts: 13
    Not falling for Trion's shit again.  See how it is six months after release.  I don't expect good things from Trion from past experience.